News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Repaints / retrims 2015

Started by Tony, January 09, 2015, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

Funny enough I was thinking that the 1 could be a good candidate for the Crimson Geminis - other options would be the 5 and 31 or perhaps the 73 and 966.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liberator9 on October 11, 2015, 08:19:21 PM
Funny enough I was thinking that the 1 could be a good candidate for the Crimson Geminis - other options would be the 5 and 31 or perhaps the 73 and 966.
Most likely them, as around 10 gemini's of that batch are in bad repaint and they might be in crimson too, so it's most likely a small route.

MW

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on October 11, 2015, 09:00:42 PM
Most likely them, as around 10 gemini's of that batch are in bad repaint and they might be in crimson too, so it's most likely a small route.

As far as I know, these Crimson Geminis will be joined by other Crimson buses operating on the same corridor.

The other Crimson buses aren't Crimson yet.

So basically not the 11.

The 46xx were rumoured to be rebranded for the 11, but there's now talks with the company directors to get new buses approved for it apparently.

GeminiFan1991

I do find it slightly strange that 3 different vehicle types have begun their transformations into the crimson livery, I would have thought they'd finish all the Enviro 400s off then start onto a different type

Why did the OmniLinks get chosen over the Mk 2 B7RLE's despite the fact the latter are newer ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

don

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on October 11, 2015, 11:04:13 PM
I do find it slightly strange that 3 different vehicle types have begun their transformations into the crimson livery, I would have thought they'd finish all the Enviro 400s off then start onto a different type

Why did the OmniLinks get chosen over the Mk 2 B7RLE's despite the fact the latter are newer ?!

The buses being repainted are generally all due to be done - the only difference seems to be they are being done in larger batches at a time to enable route upgrades.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on October 11, 2015, 11:15:20 PM
The buses being repainted are generally all due to be done - the only difference seems to be they are being done in larger batches at a time to enable route upgrades.

I think that is by far the most sensible approach to introducing the new livery over painting random buses of various types from various garages.

Westy

Quote from: Winston on October 12, 2015, 12:43:41 AM
I think that is by far the most sensible approach to introduing the new livery over painting random buses of various types from various garages.

So when does Walsall get crimson buses then?

Is there a batch of Walsall vehicles scheduled for repaint yet?

winston

Quote from: Westy on October 12, 2015, 06:24:14 AM
So when does Walsall get crimson buses then?

Is there a batch of Walsall vehicles scheduled for repaint yet?

When a Walsall route / corridor is re-branded, probably not until next year now.

Walsall's only just had 40 buses in new Platinum livery

don

Quote from: Winston on October 12, 2015, 07:15:11 AM
When a Walsall route / corridor is re-branded, probably not until next year now.

Walsall's only just had 40 buses in new Platinum livery

Wasn't it 40 Winston? I would have thought Wolverhampton more likely to get crimson buses before Walsall as surely the 126 would be upgraded reasonably soon?

winston

Quote from: don on October 12, 2015, 07:33:54 AM
Wasn't it 40 Winston? I would have thought Wolverhampton more likely to get crimson buses before Walsall as surely the 125 would be upgraded reasonably soon?

Yes @don it was. Even so, after AG, WA already has the next highest quantity of buses in the new livery / spec. The only WA route that I can see may be treated to Crimson anytime soon might be the 51, as the 61 plate E400's on there are starting to look a little worn. That said, there are far more deserving buses in need of a Crimson repaint first with faded pink front instead of red.

I assume you meant the 126? Not doing very good with numbers this morning between the pair of us! 

Potentially the 126, although it was rumoured previously that the 126 would get new buses

don

Quote from: Winston on October 12, 2015, 07:48:06 AM
Yes @don
I assume you meant the 126? Not doing very good with numbers this morning between the pair of us.

Indeed and no we aren't  lol!! I would imagine repaints will continue in the current order with Omnilinks and E400s and then B7RLE, plus it seems those Geminis not currently repainted. I would think the 51 would get new buses but maybe those E400s would get repainted fairly soon anyway.

AV4248

4754 back out, saw it on the 75 earlier.

Tony

PB       1870,1874,1877,4822,4815
WB      4757, 4756, 4761, 4760, 4762
WA    4772,  4770, transfer to Coventry
WA     4527,4533,4534,4531 transfer to AG

1870 is finished and just waiting to move to PB
4823 is currently getting accident repairs and likely to go straight to paint when finished

4768 & 4769 although finished are awaiting collection by CV

Tomf1993

The Fox 4846

33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk