News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Repaints / retrims 2015

Started by Tony, January 09, 2015, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

Yes - but will it get the new-style livery? If it does we could presume that all vehicles except the Presidents will be candidates for new liveries.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Stevo on October 23, 2015, 08:36:33 PM
Yes - but will it get the new-style livery? If it does we could presume that all vehicles except the Presidents will be candidates for new liveries.
Probably not, may want 4421 to 'fit in' with its batch.

Westy

4751 spotted NIS in Bradford Place just.

JoNi

4452 is going same way as 4421 even sky blue paint peeling off on nearside to expose red underneath as well!

James4368

Refurbished 1877 is out on PB52
If anyone wants a photograph

Currently at Bull street now
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

4421 update every panel on the driver side is now off , I've seen hundreds of refurbs over the years excluding accident repairs this is quite extensive , I haven't seen  double decker in recent times being stripped to this level , usually the panels behind the adverts are just filled and sanded back if there's damage from muppets throwing objects at them.

Ronnoc

Quote from: 2900 on October 27, 2015, 10:51:41 AM
4421 update every panel on the driver side is now off , I've seen hundreds of refurbs over the years excluding accident repairs this is quite extensive , I haven't seen  double decker in recent times being stripped to this level , usually the panels behind the adverts are just filled and sanded back if there's damage from muppets throwing objects at them.
If it really is getting this much attention, it might get repainted in to Coventry's new livery.

Could well be , it,ll be one the best in terms of bodywork straight panels no distortions from filler repairs or outlines from previous liveries. Should be as new externally all most.

John

4644 has just passed the Aston Uni stop in Crimson

Tony

Quote from: John on November 05, 2015, 01:06:12 PM

Being swapped with 4635

Quote from: John on November 05, 2015, 01:06:12 PM
4644 in Crimson is now out doing a 11E to Ward End The Fox And Goose
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

uniquicity

Maybe I've missed something, bus since when was 4644 in paint...

Tony

Quote from: uniquicity on November 05, 2015, 07:09:50 PM
MAybe I've missed something, bus since when was 4644 in paint...

Since my last full list just over 2 weeks ago - Geminis are quick to do!

uniquicity

Fair enough, just a surprise that's all :)

Stu

Maybe I'm just being picky again, but I had my first ride on 4529 today on the 31 this morning (since repaint/refurb), and while it does look great on the outside in the new crimson livery, and the seats have been retrimmed with the new moquette (which doesn't actually look too bad on the older blue plastic seats), I can't help but feel that the rest of the interior still leaves a lot to be desired, with the floors and other interior plastics still looking tatty, dirty, marked or otherwise worn.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk