News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Repaints / retrims 2015

Started by Tony, January 09, 2015, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 16, 2015, 09:28:56 PM
Thanks @Winston, take it by then some may be withdrawn, but some later ones modified?

They don't necessarily need to be withdrawn, just moved off Central B'ham routes.

Based on the ADL order it looks as though NX prefer to buy new these days over extensive modifications, the annual fleet renewal programme will make decent inroads in to the Euro 3 fleet before the new restrictions come in to force

I done reading up on the London engineering company called vantage power offering aftermarket hybrid power solutions for trident and Volvo b7tl chassis buses, ensign bus is doing long term trials on these buses. IMO is seems like a more environmental and  friendly way reusing buses, building new buses from scratch has more impact on the environment , if you really want to be green extending a vehicle life is better.  I thought it's a clever package they offer.

Scania 1874 in west broms garage refurb bay first of this type I,ve personally seen here , currently having all lower panels done , and grey primer applied under the rubber strip below side glass panels. I assume these these scanias can be turned around in short order not much bodywork really is there more glass than anything else, must make them heavy carrying all that about.

JB93

I'm guessing now that omnilinks are being repainted the next lot after PB may be Walsalls ones, or Bordesley might start re-repainting there's all over again

John

1876 has been back for a few days now in Crimson

Westy

Quote from: JB93 on September 30, 2015, 11:38:40 AM
I'm guessing now that omnilinks are being repainted the next lot after PB may be Walsalls ones, or Bordesley might start re-repainting there's all over again

Some of Walsall's original Scanias looked rather scruffy outside last time I looked properly.

(I take it the ones with the fleetname in the new position are the recent transfers in?)

John

Quote from: Westy on September 30, 2015, 01:03:18 PM
Some of Walsall's original Scanias looked rather scruffy outside last time I looked properly.

(I take it the ones with the fleetname in the new position are the recent transfers in?)

Yes @Westy those are our old ones (1837-47)

Liberator9

Quote from: JB93 on September 30, 2015, 11:38:40 AM

WA's ones are pretty bad - most look really tired. The ex AG ones aren't too bad - YW's ones are probably in the best condition. BY would be at the bottom of the pile - only finished redoing them last year - no need for them to redone.

Squiz1971

Quote from: John on September 30, 2015, 12:50:21 PM
1876 has been back for a few days now in Crimson
saw it on the 28 at Scott Arms on Monday as I went past on the X51 back to town forgot to mention it lol

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on September 30, 2015, 01:04:52 PM
Yes @Westy those are our old ones (1837-47)

I drove 1838 on the 10 last week, my first Scania! The interior mirror was horrible way too high!

It was nice to drive but seemed to struggle on the 50 section over the m6 toll

MW

Quote from: BU07 LGO on October 01, 2015, 09:58:58 AM
I drove 1838 on the 10 last week, my first Scania! The interior mirror was horrible way too high!

You get used to all that. When I first drove one I was the same. When you drive it a few times, you get used to it all. Now I really like them. Shame I won't get to drive them again!

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on October 01, 2015, 09:58:58 AM

If I remember correctly, only 1838 and 1847 still have their interior mirrors that high up on the front bulkhead, the others have been moved to the top of the front screen. But yes they are too high to see properly as the red bar at the top of the assult screen blocks your vision. Must  be why they were moved from there

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on October 01, 2015, 12:05:28 PM
If I remember correctly, only 1838 and 1847 still have their interior mirrors that high up on the front bulkhead, the others have been moved to the top of the front screen. But yes they are too high to see properly as the red bar at the top of the assult screen blocks your vision. Must  be why they were moved from there

Yeah the relief driver put it on the vcr, he said they are moving them as they get reported!

I couldn't get out the cab after either! they've got a weird magnetic lock!

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on October 01, 2015, 05:27:35 PM
Yeah the relief driver put it on the vcr, he said they are moving them as they get reported!

I couldn't get out the cab after either! they've got a weird magnetic lock!

Yes its a very strong electric magnet. If you turn off the master switch, it doesn't work. I've always thought these are safer than the other OmniLinks with the handles

Don't worry about not been able to get out of the cab, I've just had to screw my way out of the cab as the catch had broken! I had not released until someone tried to hand in some lost property and tried to open the door. It's a good job I finished in garage rather than on the road!

BU07 LGO

Quote from: John on October 01, 2015, 07:32:36 PM
Yes its a very strong electric magnet. If you turn off the master switch, it doesn't work. I've always thought these are safer than the other OmniLinks with the handles

Don't worry about not been able to get out of the cab, I've just had to screw my way out of the cab as the catch had broken! I had not released until someone tried to hand in some lost property and tried to open the door. It's a good job I finished in garage rather than on the road!

Haha I bet that was fun!? Did you have the screwdriver with you or did they have to come out with it? The cab window on the mmc's is probably big enough to climb out!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk