News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

The thing with those courses is they teach you the legal side (which is good) but the rest is basically how things should be & should work. Things are so much different in the real world which is why it'd be worth doing an appretiship with someone like nxwm or diamond or both.  Either way you always find you will develop your own style & put your own stamp on things.

iansdavies

the 97 bus up till about a few months ago the 97 did a loop running from chelmsley wood via yorkminster towards the terminus at coleshill heath road then chelmsley road helmswood drive greenlands road back to chelmsley but part of the route was curtailed and the 14 took its place along yorkminster leaving route 97 at coleshill heath, instead of this why not have the 97 pass coleshill heath and terminate at yorkminster and a 97 going the opposite direction and terminating at coleshill heath and that way youd still have a loop and put the 14 route back to the interchange .

Steveminor

The 97 used to do that however passengers would be confused as to which way each bus was going & it meant since there was almost always someone on the bus the drivers had no layover or time to themselves.

So I'd disagree with that it's a bad idea.

iansdavies

bring back the 96  that used to operate along yorkminster and leave the 97 as it is ,what im saying is the 97 terminates at helmswood drive it could run to yorkminster drive in 2 minutes and vice versa , saving time and effort .

Steveminor

Now that's a better idea reintroduce the 96 every 8 mins to yorkminster drive & leave the 97 every 8 mins to helmswood drive main route from pine square to city still a joint 4 min frequency & same pvr requirement. But now 14 only goes to pine square you save 2 buses.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Steveminor on October 19, 2015, 03:38:26 PM
Now that's a better idea reintroduce the 96 every 8 mins to yorkminster drive & leave the 97 every 8 mins to helmswood drive main route from pine square to city still a joint 4 min frequency & same pvr requirement. But now 14 only goes to pine square you save 2 buses.

Would you still have the 96 go down Cattell Road like it used to ?!
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

iansdavies

at last geminifan we are in the wrong job mate i very much agree with you a 96 and a 97 along with the 96 running along cattell road .

Steveminor

Yes I would put it back as it used to be but at the enhanced frequency.

GeminiFan1991

I quite like the idea of reintroducing the 96, get them branded and on the road !

iansdavies

Kevin

Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

GeminiFan1991

iansdavies

my rotas gemini are 100 till 900 4 days and 100 till 700 friday so thats 4 lots of 7h 30m and 6h totaling 36 hours lols

JB93

I think rather than this silly and long winded extension of the 904 to Minworth bring back a 915 running alongside the 914 but following the 116 route to Minworth after the expressway and then either take it to Sutton from there via Walmley or maybe even have a route going into Kingsbury to compete fully with the 116 (maybe a 916). Or could have a new route from city via saltley, washwood heath, turn left at fox and goose down Bromford Lane, to the Fort shopping park, through to castle vale, then to minworth asda, then walmley and terminate at Sutton. Creates new links and a faster alternative to minworth than the 904.

domino.99

Keep the 81 as it is today on its diversion. Missing out Swan Village and continuing straight up BNR. Would cut out a good 5 mins making time keeping easier. Especially after this past few days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk