News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally

I remember travelling on a Private Hire DP Metrobus from Coventry to Drayton Manor, I'm sure that was numbered the E23 at the time, must have been somewhere around 2001-2002 and that was rammed. Also spent around 20 odd minutes sat at the traffic lights at the bottom of Carrs Lane.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

GeminiFan1991

Personally I think if NX worked alongside Drayton Manor, they could publicize the route well and judging from journeys there, it could be a profitable service.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Kevin

In the past those jounrneys have been well advertised, don't think there's much else they can do. So if they don't run now then I think it's safe to say they won't run again
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Dutsey

On a previous trip to Paultons Park (Peppa Pig Land), there was a bus running from Southampton to Paultons Park fully decked out in the Peppa Pig Livery.

I am sure Arriva / NXWM in conjuction with Drayton Manor could lay on special services linking up Birmingham / Coventry / Wolverhampton to Drayton Manor

Stu

I'm with Kevin on this one. The services that NX used to run to Drayton Manor were, if I recall correctly, contracted services.

If they were really as popular and profitable as people seem to think they would be, you have to ask the question why they are still not running. ;)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on August 24, 2016, 07:04:25 PM
I'm with Kevin on this one. The services that NX used to run to Drayton Manor were, if I recall correctly, contracted services.

If they were really as popular and profitable as people seem to think they would be, you have to ask the question why they are still not running. ;)

They were commercial services entirely at TWM's commercial risk

Stu

Quote from: Tony on August 24, 2016, 07:05:37 PM
They were commercial services entirely at TWM's commercial risk

I stand corrected then!

However, that just validates my second point even further!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

GeminiFan1991

When I made my initial post I was going off partially uneducated idea in the sense I've seen Arriva's 110 (Which stops outside the North entrance of the park) having good loadings, not to mention I would surmise during the Summer when its busy it might potentially be worth it. Me thinking it was a good idea based off my recent trip

My rationale was thinking that NX acquired the Fort contract but silly me I thought it was to the Fort Shopping Centre instead of Fort Dunlop and I was thinking why do they need their own bus service !   :D :D
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Steve3229vp

How about this for a radical idea

New Service 21 City to Bartley Green via 98 route to QE Hospital then as route X64
New Service 62 City to Rednal and Rubery via X64 route to QE Hospital, then as route 98
Both services would terminate a Grand Central in City and would operate every 15 minutes each. With both services having a similar journey time from City to QE Hospital and Selly Oak it would combine to give a 7/8 frequency.

New service 219 Halesowen to QE Hospital via 99 route every 20 minutes

Routes 98, 99 and X64 withdrawn.

monkeyjoe

Having the 62 going to QE would be very confusing as people would think it was going straight down the Bristol rd. I was trying to work out because you put radical if you were being sarcastic or not but then you put the 62 going to QE part??

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 27, 2016, 12:09:52 PM
Having the 62 going to QE would be very confusing as people would think it was going straight down the Bristol rd. I was trying to work out because you put radical if you were being sarcastic or not but then you put the 62 going to QE part??
Also the busy QE to City Centre section would have its frequency reduced to every 15 minutes if a 21 was introduces. Currently every 10 with the 98/99.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on August 27, 2016, 12:11:30 PM
Also the busy QE to City Centre section would have its frequency reduced to every 15 minutes if a 21 was introduces. Currently every 10 with the 98/99.

Depends how frequently you ran the 21!

Quote from: Tony on August 27, 2016, 12:15:48 PM
Depends how frequently you ran the 21!
Quote from: Steve3229vp on August 25, 2016, 11:05:20 PM
Both services would terminate a Grand Central in City and would operate every 15 minutes each. With both services having a similar journey time from City to QE Hospital and Selly Oak it would combine to give a 7/8 frequency.
It says every 15 minutes above.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Tony on August 27, 2016, 12:32:18 PM
Yes, but you have the 62 also in that suggestion
Which would operate via the Bristol Road not the University.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk