News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Centenary Square tomorrow

Started by Liverpool Street, August 14, 2014, 06:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Nxwm going to be celebrating 100years of wm buses at Centenary Square tomorrow.

You going?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

P419 EJW

I didn't know this, thanks for telling. I will pop over to have a nose. What time does it start/finish?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Matt.N0056

i'll probably pop up for a bit :)

domino.99

Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 14, 2014, 06:18:41 PM

You going?
What's going to be there?

Matt.N0056

Quote from: NXDom on August 14, 2014, 08:17:24 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 14, 2014, 06:18:41 PM

You going?
What's going to be there?

Nx twitter:
'In Centenary Square tomorrow, we will be celebrating the 100th birthday of the Birmingham bus with buses from the past, present & the future'

CL

Bet anybody there'd be an E400 there. Only 2 more days with my valid bus pass, this is CERTAINLY on the list. After this, I hope I could get to Wolverhampton on time for a quick ride on one of the Spectras. But Centenary Square? It feels a bit cramped. Certainly the space outside the REP & Library would've been more 'adequate'...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4609

Quote from: clayderman on August 14, 2014, 08:23:51 PM
Bet anybody there'd be an E400 there. Only 2 more days with my valid bus pass, this is CERTAINLY on the list. After this, I hope I could get to Wolverhampton on time for a quick ride on one of the Spectras. But Centenary Square? It feels a bit cramped. Certainly the space outside the REP & Library would've been more 'adequate'...

That's where Centenary Square is isn't it outside the ICC? Or am i getting my places mixed up?

Will pop along at some point for a nosey

D10

Quote from: Nathan on August 14, 2014, 08:47:30 PM
Quote from: clayderman on August 14, 2014, 08:23:51 PM

That's where Centenary Square is isn't it outside the ICC? Or am i getting my places mixed up?

Yeah, I think that it is the one outside the ICC and new library. Quite often confused with Chamberlain Square, which is the smaller area on the other side of Paradise Circus/Forum by the Council House and Town Hall.

Stu

Yep, Centenary Square is on Broad Street, outside the ICC, Rep and New Library.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

James4368

im going just found out

anyone who want to meet up

meet me at colemore row 22,23,24 bus stop at 9:00-09:45am and will go 22,23 or 24 to centenary square
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

James4368

Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Ex BC driver

Might go to that, something to do on my day off

TinnedPeaches

Nx twitter:
'In Centenary Square tomorrow, we will be celebrating the 100th birthday of the Birmingham bus with buses from the past, present & the future'

Buses of the future? So NXWM have mastered time travel have they? Haha! Seems an odd thing to say.

Trident 4609

Quote from: TinnedPeaches on August 15, 2014, 08:42:55 AM
Nx twitter:

Buses of the future? So NXWM have mastered time travel have they? Haha! Seems an odd thing to say.

They probably mean one of the E400's recently delivered to BC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk