News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Centenary Square tomorrow

Started by Liverpool Street, August 14, 2014, 06:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Quote from: Nathan on August 15, 2014, 09:59:23 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on August 15, 2014, 09:43:00 PM
Lucky 900 and 957 if that's true! Another set of new buses after under two years (by 2015) of 13 reg Enviro 400s. Hope that happens though as use the 957 quite a bit. Although YW and AG are surely due new buses soon considering the double deck fleet age.
Maybe these ones on the 900/57 and X51 will be high spec with Leather Seats etc?  This could cascade Tridents to other garages (WN to replace Spectra's in early 2015 maybe?)
NO NO NO!
I really hate leather seats, just personal opinion. (I cant be the only one who gets a sticky arse).

Also previous posts referred to branding/livery.
I fail to see what is bad about the current one, except the green could have been made blue to make it more appropriate to Coventry.

Anyway, the prospect of new buses does sound good as long as it doesn't affect anything else as it currently is.

CL

Quote from: Ben on August 18, 2014, 06:14:00 PM
Quote from: Nathan on August 15, 2014, 09:59:23 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on August 15, 2014, 09:43:00 PM
Lucky 900 and 957 if that's true! Another set of new buses after under two years (by 2015) of 13 reg Enviro 400s. Hope that happens though as use the 957 quite a bit. Although YW and AG are surely due new buses soon considering the double deck fleet age.
Maybe these ones on the 900/57 and X51 will be high spec with Leather Seats etc?  This could cascade Tridents to other garages (WN to replace Spectra's in early 2015 maybe?)
NO NO NO!
I really hate leather seats, just personal opinion. (I cant be the only one who gets a sticky arse).

Also previous posts referred to branding/livery.
I fail to see what is bad about the current one, except the green could have been made blue to make it more appropriate to Coventry.

Anyway, the prospect of new buses does sound good as long as it doesn't affect anything else as it currently is.

*Whispers* Sprintttttt
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

BU07 LGO

The gold corridors will probably have the same livery with the white been replaced by silver

Stu

Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 19, 2014, 06:27:20 PM
The gold corridors will probably have the same livery with the white been replaced by silver

Why silver? Doesn't make sense if its to be used on 'gold' corridor routes?  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Stu on August 19, 2014, 07:38:35 PM

Almost like the white but makes it clear its a slightly higher spec :)

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: BU07 LGO on August 20, 2014, 06:30:28 PM
Quote from: Stu on August 19, 2014, 07:38:35 PM

Almost like the white but makes it clear its a slightly higher spec :)

If anything stays the same, it will be the white ;-)

Barring branding or any new corporate livery, I'd be stunned if it's anymore radical than a gold front etc instead of red.

Stu

Or how about gold with the red front?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

Or how about just the standard livery with probably a gold bonnet and screen wash cover at the front. Money saving !
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

andrew1991

Quote from David Bradford via a friend.

We're looking at two variations for the new livery. The platinum buses (the ones to go on the 900/957 and Walsall Road services) will be silvery grey and black. The 'normal' buses, for example on the 126 (hopefully) will probably be a variation on the red we currently use, but looking much more modern and appealing. We're about to paint a prototype with a new design. I agree with you the red and white isn't good - it was a bad decision by previous management of National Express Group (not anyone locally). But now everything is red we don't want to spend seven years changing back to blue and having a messy fleet, even though it would look better at the end. So a nicer evolution of red is the current plans - and hopefully they'll enter service in early 2015.

winston

Quote from: Andrew on August 20, 2014, 08:49:13 PM

We're looking at two variations for the new livery. The platinum buses (the ones to go on the 900/957 and Walsall Road services) will be silvery grey and black. The 'normal' buses, for example on the 126 (hopefully) will probably be a variation on the red we currently use, but looking much more modern and appealing. We're about to paint a prototype with a new design. I agree with you the red and white isn't good - it was a bad decision by previous management of National Express Group (not anyone locally). But now everything is red we don't want to spend seven years changing back to blue and having a messy fleet, even though it would look better at the end. So a nicer evolution of red is the current plans - and hopefully they'll enter service in early 2015.

That sounds a sensible solution.

the trainbasher

Can't they just put a sky blue strip in a similar position to the branded buses on the existing NXWM livery fleet and for Coventry a red strip in a similar position to the branding??

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: Andrew on August 20, 2014, 08:49:13 PM

Would the Walsall Rd services only be the 51/X51? I'm assuming this is the first 'Gold Corridor' could it be possible that the 934/935/936 & 997 are also included which use part of the Walsall Road between Perry Barr & City Centre?

There were quite a few bad decisions around that time by the former NX group management headed by Richard Bowker  ::)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk