News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Centenary Square tomorrow

Started by Liverpool Street, August 14, 2014, 06:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James4368

i spotted bus formation passing broad street when I was at event

nice meeting Nathan , jack5512 ,trident4370 and Winston today

Nice meeting you, Winston
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

CL

Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 15, 2014, 03:26:12 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 15, 2014, 02:29:43 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on August 15, 2014, 01:51:32 PM
New livery eh? That will keep the paintshop busy :-)

I wonder whether these may be being considered as Gold Corridors, hence the new livery,  because surely they are not thinking of ANOTHER NEW LIVERY!!!

But teh wed and wite is 8 yerr olds :o

No one likes the NX livery anyway. So here's hoping blue returns. Although I doubt it is a new livery per se.

Knowing NX, probably modified at the most, to keep costs down... ::) However, if the new livery is indeed a new livery, then I shall stand corrected... Whilst talking about the new livery, you should check my flickr... I produced a new livery & revised branding for service 900. Credits to Bus Net Creators...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122377951@N02/14909255212/in/photostream/
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

winston

Quote from: clayderman on August 15, 2014, 08:05:08 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 15, 2014, 03:26:12 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 15, 2014, 02:29:43 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on August 15, 2014, 01:51:32 PM
New livery eh? That will keep the paintshop busy :-)

I wonder whether these may be being considered as Gold Corridors, hence the new livery,  because surely they are not thinking of ANOTHER NEW LIVERY!!!

But teh wed and wite is 8 yerr olds :o

No one likes the NX livery anyway. So here's hoping blue returns. Although I doubt it is a new livery per se.

Knowing NX, probably modified at the most, to keep costs down... ::) However, if the new livery is indeed a new livery, then I shall stand corrected... Whilst talking about the new livery, you should check my flickr... I produced a new livery & revised branding for service 900. Credits to Bus Net Creators...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/122377951@N02/14909255212/in/photostream/

That's pretty smart actually! My only criticism, is that City Centre, Airport & NEC & Coventry Pool Meadow is lost being in blue against the purple

CL

Point taken, and Thank You; I enjoy constructive criticism, those three places were originally grey, along with the rest of the via points, but I wanted these key points to stand out, and so I thought the blue would've been nice on the purple. I guess I should have put them in bold, but I don't think anybody would notice, if you'd like, I would upload the original livery (which was in blue). No branding on these whatsoever, same idea though!

winston

Quote from: clayderman on August 15, 2014, 08:58:59 PM
Point taken, and Thank You; I enjoy constructive criticism, those three places were originally grey, along with the rest of the via points, but I wanted these key points to stand out, and so I thought the blue would've been nice on the purple. I guess I should have put them in bold, but I don't think anybody would notice, if you'd like, I would upload the original livery (which was in blue). No branding on these whatsoever, same idea though!

Maybe something like cyan might have worked better.

P419 EJW

Okay, I visited to the exhibition today. If I could input the criticism... I was a bit disappointed to find out that not many employees in NX who have volunteered to take part do not have much knowledge of E400MMC. (I understand they were there just for promotion or whatever but, come on. A bit of knowledge would be nice.) I sort of expected a person there who has good knowledge so people (like myself) who have questions about the bus can have good answers rather than "I don't know, sorry." I get that reply from 5 persons, I asked them individually "Why are you here, then?" It sounds harsh, I admit, but I expect a person or two there having good knowledge or information ready to say/give. I was walking around and approached to a guy, had a chat with him, it seemed he had adequate knowledge about where E400MMCs would go, when will they come, etc. It seems to me that one person out of 15(?) people knew this information.

I was told by someone that a person asked the NX employee "What's the recruitment process?", the response was "I don't know." Like, seriously?

On a positive note, I must say I really like the new E400MMC, having to look at it in my own eyes. As mentioned, they are planned to go on X51, 900, 957. Apparently, I have been told by this guy that 45 E400MMCs will come next year.

Liberator9

Lucky 900 and 957 if that's true! Another set of new buses after under two years (by 2015) of 13 reg Enviro 400s. Hope that happens though as use the 957 quite a bit. Although YW and AG are surely due new buses soon considering the double deck fleet age.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 15, 2014, 09:43:00 PM
Lucky 900 and 957 if that's true! Another set of new buses after under two years (by 2015) of 13 reg Enviro 400s. Hope that happens though as use the 957 quite a bit. Although YW and AG are surely due new buses soon considering the double deck fleet age.

Maybe these ones on the 900/57 and X51 will be high spec with Leather Seats etc?  This could cascade Tridents to other garages (WN to replace Spectra's in early 2015 maybe?)

P419 EJW

Quote from: Nathan on August 15, 2014, 09:59:23 PM

Maybe these ones on the 900/57 and X51 will be high spec with Leather Seats etc?  This could cascade Tridents to other garages (WN to replace Spectra's in early 2015 maybe?)

I did ask if these buses will have leather seats, I got a "Yuh" response.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Nathan on August 15, 2014, 09:59:23 PM

Im told they will have

CL

Quote from: Winston on August 15, 2014, 09:12:35 PM

There are two types of blue, one dark matt blue (if you like) - and the other sky blue, and like the Silver/Scarlet bus, both are 'complimented' with the opposing colours.

Not exactly cyan, but sky blue... Close enough right? Like the 900 branded version I did, they are both different colours (shade-wise, otherwise, both blue). The other blue is sort of like a Matt Dark Blue, or a little lighter than T.A.R.D.I.S. Blue lets say...

Also, likewise with the previous E400, this bus has the colour strips in the opposing colours to give off a more 'classy' feel to the overall plain look. (Without logos adhered, no branding, etc...) Here it is: https://www.flickr.com/photos/122377951@N02/14906537856/

Liberator9

Quote from: clayderman on August 15, 2014, 10:01:48 PM

There are two types of blue, one dark matt blue (if you like) - and the other sky blue, and like the Silver/Scarlet bus, both are 'complimented' with the opposing colours.

Not exactly cyan, but sky blue... Close enough right? Like the 900 branded version I did, they are both different colours (shade-wise, otherwise, both blue). The other blue is sort of like a Matt Dark Blue, or a little lighter than T.A.R.D.I.S. Blue lets say...

Also, likewise with the previous E400, this bus has the colour strips in the opposing colours to give off a more 'classy' feel to the overall plain look. (Without logos adhered, no branding, etc...) Here it is: https://www.flickr.com/photos/122377951@N02/14906537856/

Nice job there! That livery is very smart - NX should give you a job in branding  ;)

CL

Quote from: Liberator9 on August 15, 2014, 10:04:31 PM
Quote from: clayderman on August 15, 2014, 10:01:48 PM

Nice job there! That livery is very smart - NX should give you a job in branding  ;)

Thanks, lol! Well, I'm only 13. And surprisingly, I can feel my memory & imagination slipping away slowly... I try to get inspiration from things I see daily... I think the past two posts were inspired my something I thought I saw on the motorway...

EDIT: Just so I don't go too off track on this topic with my paperbuses, I did make a 'Paperbuses' thread in General Discussions.

Stevo

I admire what you can do. But I'd much prefer the livery to curve and swoop, more like Stagecoach. One thing I'm not keen on with current NXWM livery is that it's one triangular wodge of red and one really large wodge of white.

winston

Quote from: Stevo on August 16, 2014, 10:54:38 AM
I admire what you can do. But I'd much prefer the livery to curve and swoop, more like Stagecoach. One thing I'm not keen on with current NXWM livery is that it's one triangular wodge of red and one really large wodge of white.

Curves and swoops are harder to paint in when bodywork has been replaced due to accident damage. Sragecoach's livery on their new E400MMC at Manchester is to over powering & masks all the external styling of the new body design.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk