News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danny

HI guys. Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between gasket glazed windows and bond glazing if that's the other option. Also loving the new design. The revised seating at the back looks comfy as.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: danny on May 15, 2014, 12:10:23 AM
HI guys. Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between gasket glazed windows and bond glazing if that's the other option. Also loving the new design. The revised seating at the back looks comfy as.

Bonded glazing is generally more aesthetic & is alleged to aid structural integrity. The main difference though is downtime when some oik puts a window through. You can replace gasket glazing & have the bus back on the road in under an hour, the glass & glue residue is more difficult to remove from bonded glazing & there's about a 24 hour* curing time

* Or there was the last time I enquired.

Stevo

The only problem with glass aiding structural integrity is that when several windows are broken the strength of the vehicle is compromised. A TWM manager told me when the B10Ls entered service on Line 33 that if three windows are broken, the vehicle can't be driven until strengthening has been fitted.

Interesting to see that the E200 will have an automated manual transmission. I wonder if they'll be at all like B5LHs, which have AMT.

Sayeed

Век живи - век учись

Trident 4609

There's a full article in this months Buses Magazine on Page 23-26

winston

Quote from: Sayeed_M on May 17, 2014, 09:22:37 PM
Hoped that NX to get this first, oh well...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/14201326104/

Bound to be Stagecoach first, particularly the fact the Brian Souter privately owns a stake in ADL

danny

Firsts of all thanks @dave47449 for explaining the glass types. Secondly WOW. Loving the actual new enviro now seeing it in a livery. Hopefully NXWMs will look just as good and set a new standard of style for the surrounding area.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Liverpool Street

Quote from: danny on May 18, 2014, 01:34:40 AM
Firsts of all thanks @dave47449 for explaining the glass types. Secondly WOW. Loving the actual new enviro now seeing it in a livery. Hopefully NXWMs will look just as good and set a new standard of style for the surrounding area.

That's the general consensus across our community it seems. I think this has made more of a storm then the first E400's and the second "facelift" was just pathetic to be honest.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Mike K

Some good pictures of the London spec demo new E400 on the M6 here, including a rear view:

http://benjibusesnewsandviews.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/bus-and-coach-news-and-views-updated_11.html?m=1

I always preferred Volvo / Wright products over ADL, but I have to say this knocks spots off the new Gemini 3.

arrifirststage

Any ideas for fleet numbers for the new Enviros?
Could be from 4940 upwards,but my bet is they will be 3001 upwards.

Sh4318

@arrifirststage 4900 upwards I would think. The Hybrids are 54** & 55**, so there's plenty of space
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Liverpool Street

Quote from: arrifirststage on May 18, 2014, 07:54:30 PM
Any ideas for fleet numbers for the new Enviros?
Could be from 4940 upwards,but my bet is they will be 3001 upwards.

4940 is a near certainty I would've thought!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Westy

Shows your age when with certain fleet numbers mentioned, you remember what the previous bus to hold that particular number was!

I guess that was a Fleetline.

The Eclipses that begin 2001, I remember those being Mark One Metrobuses!

Gareth

There has so far never been a 4940 in the West Midlands fleet. However some of the Midland Red D9s in the 494* batch did pass to WMPTE.

Stuharris 6360

Been reported on London Bus Group that the new Enviro 400 (Enviro 400 MMC) was launched today at Wembley Stadium.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk