News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

I'd imagine whatever deal it was, either unit price or aftercare or both, it was extremely attractive!

winston

@Nathan Buses Magazine isn't always the most reliable source of info, but at the time of the NX deal being announced, the E400 MMC had yet to be publically launched by ADL. That could be the reason why details at the time of the NX deal were a bit vague.

I'm now looking forward to seeing the first delivered, it could explain why NX have waited until the second half of 2014 for deliveries, as they now need to take delivery on 274 new buses in little over a year to meet their commitments to Centro

BN

Quote from: Winston on May 22, 2014, 10:03:27 PM
Quote from: Nathan on May 22, 2014, 09:49:14 PM
@Winston i'm sure i read somewhere that NX are having the new MMC Euro 6 E400's.

Will double check now to see if i can find the article i read

It will be good if they are going to all be MMC's, as it's pretty damn stylish. I think ADL have excelled themselves on this project, the revamp appears far superior to Wrightbus Gemini 3. The MMC may be part of the reason why NX have chosen ADL solely for the next five years.

I don't think I've seen two different articles that actually state the same quantities...... ???

I'm sure that the first batch are the normal E400 diesel and also the xmas deliveries.

winston

Quote from: BN on May 23, 2014, 08:20:20 AM
@Winston i'm sure i read somewhere that NX are having the new MMC Euro 6 E400's.

It will be good if they are going to all be MMC's, as it's pretty damn stylish. I think ADL have excelled themselves on this project, the revamp appears far superior to Wrightbus Gemini 3. The MMC may be part of the reason why NX have chosen ADL solely for the next five years.

I don't think I've seen two different articles that actually state the same quantities...... ???

I'm sure that the first batch are the normal E400 diesel and also the xmas deliveries.

Thanks BN, I thought it seemed a bit soon for full production to start after only launching the E400 MMC this month.

CL

Quite long, but somewhat a documentary of how ADL has developed their buses over the past 2 years but mainly about MMC (Major Model Change).

EDIT: From 12:40, it's more of a review (only of the TfL spec)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

The first batch due to arrive in the West Midlands in August have now been allocated fleetnumbers, registrations and body numbers. They are on the main site at
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/fleetlist/4700-4879.html
Changes at the DVLA and closure of the Birmingham LVLO mean these are being registered by Alexander Dennis.

Short E200s will probably arrive before these.

PM

Quote from: Tony on June 06, 2014, 08:32:13 PM

The first batch due to arrive in the West Midlands in August have now been allocated fleetnumbers, registrations and body numbers. They are on the main site at
Changes at the DVLA and closure of the Birmingham LVLO mean these are being registered by Alexander Dennis.

Thanks for the info Tony. Shame that they're no longer locally registered. So we now know 20 of these are coming in August-hope my maths is right :P-and then some e200's around July.

Is it safe to assume the e200's will be for WB but as for the e400's-anyone got any ideas?

RW

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Don't think so, seating numbers are the same, sure the MMC has a couple more?

Liberator9

I might have a guess that these are for WB; there's 20 of them and there are currently 21 Mercedes 0-405s at WB. Although would they replace all single decks with double decks? Another thought would be the replacement of the Optare Spectras - there are 20 Spectras at Wolverhampton - same number as the new Enviro 400s.

Mike K

I hadn't realised all local DVLA offices had closed. Does this mean all future vehicles will be registered by the manufacturer? That would be a great shame and the end of a long era of locally registered vehicles. I noticed on trip to Manchester recently that some of Stagecoach's newest E400s carry Scottish plates whereas most vehicles before have carried Manchester plates. Would this be for the same reason?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 06, 2014, 09:10:19 PM
I might have a guess that these are for WB; there's 20 of them and there are currently 21 Mercedes 0-405s at WB. Although would they replace all single decks with double decks? Another thought would be the replacement of the Optare Spectras - there are 20 Spectras at Wolverhampton - same number as the new Enviro 400s.

The Spectra's will be in service till next year at the earliest so i've been told. Only buses that will most likley be replaced at WN over the coming months are the Mercs (With cascaded Tridents)

don

Do we know if the E400s or new single deckers will be used for the Commonwealth Games contract before being used in normal service? Or will existing vehicles be used?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Kevin

You say short, actual short wheelbase ones or more of the same?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

RW

Pity if the 400's are not MMC. ADL offloading 'old' models unwanted by other operators on NXWM or NX going for the cheaper model whilst it's still available?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk