News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

There's an article on the E400 MMC in the new BUSES magazine. It also mentions that NXWM will be taking the new 400's

Trident 4609

Quote from: Gareth on May 21, 2014, 12:05:06 AM
There's an article on the E400 MMC in the new BUSES magazine. It also mentions that NXWM will be taking the new 400's

I already mentioned it on the last page Gareth :)  It also mentions as long as Euro 5 is avaliable the old E400 model will still be avaliable

PM

Liverpool Street

Eek! It's awfully exciting.

Although that MetroDecker has some questionable design, I do quite like it!

Indeed, doesn't look at half as well put together as does the E400, in hindsight.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 21, 2014, 03:04:29 PM
Looks like there's now competition...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cybertect/14257349733/

Looks like the double deck version of the Optare Metrocity Midibus designed to TfL Spec for London Operators:

http://www.optare.com/pr_08_10_13.htm

Stuharris 6360

Will be interesting to see if there is much interest in this in London, there are still 300+ New Routemasters to arrive over the next 18 months/ 2 years, plus the Enviro 400 is popular in London also.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

CL

Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4609

Quote from: clayderman on May 22, 2014, 09:02:15 PM
http://www.alexander-dennis.com/news/100m-deal-set-to-revitalise-national-express-fleets-and-boost-uk-bus-industry/

I guess they are getting some Euro6 vehicles after all. :D

Yes i think it was mentioned further back in the thread that the next batch onwards will have Euro 6 engines (The MMC E400 isn't avaliable with Euro 5)

winston

Quote from: Nathan on May 22, 2014, 09:20:29 PM
Quote from: clayderman on May 22, 2014, 09:02:15 PM
http://www.alexander-dennis.com/news/100m-deal-set-to-revitalise-national-express-fleets-and-boost-uk-bus-industry/

I guess they are getting some Euro6 vehicles after all. :D

Yes i think it was mentioned further back in the thread that the next batch onwards will have Euro 6 engines (The MMC E400 isn't avaliable with Euro 5)

Are we sure that the first batch of Euro 6 double deckers will actually be E400 MMC's? Or could they be the current E400 design with Euro 6 engines similar to First 33788 ?

Trident 4609

@Winston i'm sure i read somewhere that NX are having the new MMC Euro 6 E400's.

EDIT: I have just found out my copy of last months edition of Buses (May Edition on sale Mid April) .

There is an article on page 10 about the NX/ADL five year contract entitled 'Alexander Dennis Wins entire five-year order from NatEx'

It says:
"National Express Group has placed a groundbreaking order with Alexander Dennis to meet all its UK Bus requirements for the next five years. The mix of single- and double-deckers,all with Euro 6 engines, will go to its West Midlands and Dundee fleets beginning in the second half of this year. In all, NatEx anticipates taking around 600 vehicles by 2018, starting this year with 100-plus and settling at 125 a year for the next 4 years. The single-deckers will be midi-size, currently represented by the Enviro 200,While the double deckers will be of the new generation Enviro400 successor expected to be unveiled in May

winston

Quote from: Nathan on May 22, 2014, 09:49:14 PM
@Winston i'm sure i read somewhere that NX are having the new MMC Euro 6 E400's.

Will double check now to see if i can find the article i read

It will be good if they are going to all be MMC's, as it's pretty damn stylish. I think ADL have excelled themselves on this project, the revamp appears far superior to Wrightbus Gemini 3. The MMC may be part of the reason why NX have chosen ADL solely for the next five years.

I don't think I've seen two different articles that actually state the same quantities...... ???

Stuharris 6360

@Nathan @Winston  With National Express making this sort of commitement to ADL, i wonder what sort of price or discount ADL are offering?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on May 22, 2014, 11:02:43 PM
@Nathan @Winston  With National Express making this sort of commitement to ADL, i wonder what sort of price or discount ADL are offering?

I can't imagine they'd get much of a discount as such, but the rule of thumb with these sort of things is the more units you buy, the less you pay for each unit

winston

Quote from: Matt on May 22, 2014, 11:09:24 PM
[productionor=Stuharris 6360 link=topic=2834.msg97800#msg97800 date=1400796163]

I can't imagine they'd get much of a discount as such, but the rule of thumb with these sort of things is the more units you buy, the less you pay for each unit
[/quote]

I should imagine there was some incentive, as it guarantees ADL orders/production for the next five years and production slots can be booked well in advance

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk