News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900 on February 20, 2015, 09:56:13 AM
The enviro 400 mmc could it be referred to as a mk 2 enviro 400 or am I missing something.

Could do but the MMC is major model change. If your referring to Mk1 and Mk2 Metrobuses then the difference isn't the same as between a E400 and a MMC. A more balanced assumption would be between the early 47's, 48's, being Mk1 and the E40D's late 48's and 49's hundreds as Mk2's. The MMC is totally new body which looks nothing like the original E400. Suppose if you want to stretch it it'll be a Mk3.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Gareth

Can they not just be Enviro 400's? After all a VW Golf is a golf is a golf, despite many different versions.

Kevin

Quote from: Gareth on February 20, 2015, 01:14:34 PM
Can they not just be Enviro 400's? After all a VW Golf is a golf is a golf, despite many different versions.

Which Golf, the original or the MMC?.............
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

When referring to cars my main passion the current golf is the mk7 with the iconic original being the mk1 legend, when ordering spares it helps to know which mk you have, hope this helps.
LS I agree with what you are with the  metrobuses there were subtle differences between 2and3 more so on the mk1, enviro 400 e40d chassis changes were quite  exstensive I imagine by relocating the engine to the left same as Volvo b7tl ,  wander why they did that.
As for the enviro 400 body other than the head light pods and upper rear ermgency window being of a different design, it the same all the way through its production run.

Sh4318

47**, 4800-4829 - Mk1
4830-4982 - Mk1a
E400 MMC - Mk2

That's how I think about it
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stevo

When I saw the type trainer MMC in Stourbridge what struck me was how similar it was to the earlier ones - much less of a change than Trident to E400. The front and rear have been tweaked and made more  'muscular' which I liked, and it had the new flush windows, which were also better, but it still felt like an E400, which I'm sure is the idea.

Trident 4609

Forgot to say, the MMC demo passed me by Burntree Tesco earlier on in the week. Looks very smart and can't wait to see the first ones in service

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stevo on February 22, 2015, 10:53:20 AM
When I saw the type trainer MMC in Stourbridge what struck me was how similar it was to the earlier ones - much less of a change than Trident to E400. The front and rear have been tweaked and made more  'muscular' which I liked, and it had the new flush windows, which were also better, but it still felt like an E400, which I'm sure is the idea.

Well.. Yes Stevo it is still supposed to feel like an E400, its still called the Enviro .. If it was a totally new name then I guess it would be completely reworked inside, outside and chassis.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Must be differences though as drivers require training on them!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 22, 2015, 09:08:39 PM
Must be differences though as drivers require training on them!

Yeah the cab is totally reworked for, I imagine, ergonomics etc.
until it cought fire

RW

are due by the end of the month they must be on site at ADL awaiting collection and delivery. En route to the West Midlands or hidden away somewhere by NX. Any thoughts?

Stuharris 6360

They won't arrive till early next month as they have been assigned 15 regs.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 24, 2015, 05:36:13 PM
They won't arrive till early next month as they have been assigned 15 regs.

That doesn't mean they won't arrive in February, just they will enter service in March

Stevo

With Scottish regs I presume they're built at Falkirk and will come down the M6. I'm keeping a close look-out during my journeys up and down it.

Tony

Quote from: Stevo on February 24, 2015, 06:42:44 PM
With Scottish regs I presume they're built at Falkirk and will come down the M6. I'm keeping a close look-out during my journeys up and down it.

Yes, all the first 37 new buses are built at Falkirk, hopefully the 200s will be a better build quality than Scarborough buult earlier ones

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk