News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: Tony on February 24, 2015, 06:19:55 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 24, 2015, 05:36:13 PM
They won't arrive till early next month as they have been assigned 15 regs.

That doesn't mean they won't arrive in February, just they will enter service in March
A hint of something imminent perhaps?

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

RW

Please no branding. At least let them hit the road in pristine livery before anyone is let loose on them with yards of vinyl. Sadly!

arrifirststage

Quote from: RW on February 25, 2015, 09:29:07 AM
Please no branding. At least let them hit the road in pristine livery before anyone is let loose on them with yards of vinyl. Sadly!

At last!!!........someone else who recognises the aesthetic damage caused by this legalised vandalism.
Where have you been these last couple of years while I have been almost a lone voice in stridently criticising this mutilation.
Alas,We still appear to be very much in the minority.......these PR wonks have convinced themselves of the huge illusory benefits of this "branding".
I imagine that people who scribble on buses with felt tip pens are still prosecuted if caught,although,other than being the legal owner of the vehicle,I cannot see much difference.

the trainbasher

It brightens up otherwise drab liveries

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

karl724223

Liverpool Street

I noticed some E400's with blue branding but it wasn't advertising any routes, just fares etc. So if they're all going to be in either route branding or fare branding, is it safe to assume the standard livery will have some sort of blue involved. (Standard being the drab red and white)
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

karl724223

Chris2301

I like the branding of routes makes the plain red/white livery a bit more eye catching

CL

Quote from: karl724223 on February 25, 2015, 05:34:22 PM
Some 9 buses to be branded

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/new-dundee-bus-boss-promises-to-bring-a-bit-more-pride-back-to-our-service-1.843859?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

- Posted in NXDundee Thread. I picked up on the branding. If it's a confirmed branding design, it looks nicer, and better than the current one, imo... Suits the MMCs well, mostly. I don't think the branding 'ring' around the destination display is necessary... :-\
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stuharris 6360

Perhaps the 9 branding will be red??  ::) ::) ::)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Alex

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 26, 2015, 09:56:58 PM

@Stuharris 6360 Probably not, as the main colour is red, so i doubt branding would be red as well
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Chris2301

Quote from: Alex on February 26, 2015, 10:03:30 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 26, 2015, 09:56:58 PM

@Stuharris 6360 Probably not, as the main colour is red, so i doubt branding would be red as well

For some reason im thinking the branding will be gold

Stevo

Quote from: clayderman on February 26, 2015, 09:53:42 PM

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/new-dundee-bus-boss-promises-to-bring-a-bit-more-pride-back-to-our-service-1.843859?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

- Posted in NXDundee Thread. I picked up on the branding. If it's a confirmed branding design, it looks nicer, and better than the current one, imo... Suits the MMCs well, mostly. I don't think the branding 'ring' around the destination display is necessary... :-\

But will it be used on the rest of the Dundee fleet? Presidents in British Racing Green - that I'd like to see!

winston

Quote from: Stevo on February 27, 2015, 01:03:31 PM
Quote from: clayderman on February 26, 2015, 09:53:42 PM

But will it be used on the rest of the Dundee fleet? Presidents in British Racing Green - that I'd like to see!

It's not even confirmed that it will become the new NXD livery yet, it is a proposal only at present

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk