News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mranon

a solo or a dart tony? whats up with 241

Tony

Quote from: mranon on June 25, 2014, 09:08:41 PM
a solo or a dart tony? whats up with 241

They are looking at a dart at the moment, Can't actually remember what they told me was wrong with 241, just it wasn't worth repairing

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Tony on June 25, 2014, 08:51:55 PM
Quote from: D10 on June 25, 2014, 08:46:24 PM
Quote from: Lukeee on June 24, 2014, 10:12:35 PM
WB for the 82/87 and or 61/63 Bristol road would be good to see. As for the three vehicle types to be withdrawn, I reckon Solos, Darts and Liberators.

The Solos and Darts are definitely going. The UK Bus Director confirmed this recently in one of his weekly e-mails to staff. 14 Short E200s going to WB and PB to replace these.

There is a possibility of one surviving as a replacement for the poorly 241

Well surely they can find another B6, there are afterall a good number in the 'reserve fleet'

Tony

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on June 25, 2014, 09:20:26 PM
Quote from: Tony on June 25, 2014, 08:51:55 PM
Quote from: D10 on June 25, 2014, 08:46:24 PM
Quote from: Lukeee on June 24, 2014, 10:12:35 PM
WB for the 82/87 and or 61/63 Bristol road would be good to see. As for the three vehicle types to be withdrawn, I reckon Solos, Darts and Liberators.

The Solos and Darts are definitely going. The UK Bus Director confirmed this recently in one of his weekly e-mails to staff. 14 Short E200s going to WB and PB to replace these.

There is a possibility of one surviving as a replacement for the poorly 241

Well surely they can find another B6, there are afterall a good number in the 'reserve fleet'

241 is a Merc! They just need a small bus for what 241 does

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Many apologies @Tony was getting in a muddle with 244, incidentally is that still in good health?

PM

Would be nice to see 241 preserved as it's one of very few surviving alx100 minibuses that are of the last sort to be built prior to solos/MPDs etc.

Ah the alx100 on staff bus duty back in the day flying down the m5 an interesting experience . I was given one as a change bus on the 87 service great day passengers refused  to get on thinking I was an Independant  operator , I had this minibus all nite great stuff.  Shame it would never happen now.

PM

Quote from: 2900 on June 25, 2014, 11:04:56 PM
Ah the alx100 on staff bus duty back in the day flying down the m5 an interesting experience . I was given one as a change bus on the 87 service great day passengers refused  to get on thinking I was an Independant  operator , I had this minibus all nite great stuff.  Shame it would never happen now.

Bet you had a nice shift on the 87 then ;)

I must admit I really like minibuses like this-most enthusiasts hate them but they accessed areas otherwise unserved by public transport. Shame much of the "Mini-Link" network has now been lost...

Completely forgot about Mini link something else long gone, not enough profit in it I guess as with so many things.

PM

Quote from: 2900 on June 26, 2014, 12:04:29 AM
Completely forgot about Mini link something else long gone, not enough profit in it I guess as with so many things.

Looking back at a leaflet, it was a pretty comprehensive network of services.

Out of interest @2900 did drivers not dislike being given what they no doubt didn't regard as proper buses?

the trainbasher

Quote from: DiamondDart on June 25, 2014, 11:53:43 PM
Quote from: 2900 on June 25, 2014, 11:04:56 PM

Bet you had a nice shift on the 87 then ;)

I must admit I really like minibuses like this-most enthusiasts hate them but they accessed areas otherwise unserved by public transport. Shame much of the "Mini-Link" network has now been lost...

Just looking through Tonys pics, 232 appeared on the 82 once

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/0116-0422/232.html

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Vast majority of drivers I know hated the merc mini buses unbearable cabs in hot weather with engine rite next to you , great in winter month though, pensioners didn't like the steps ,they vibrated terribly . I found them amusing on routes they had no business being on Dudley road and Portland road services for example .

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on June 25, 2014, 10:33:47 PM
Would be nice to see 241 preserved as it's one of very few surviving alx100 minibuses that are of the last sort to be built prior to solos/MPDs etc.

Well if someone makes NX a sensible offier I am sure they will sell it for preservation, same as they are still waiting for an offer for the last Excels if any one wants to preserve one

karl724223

Drove all the minibuses brand new when at west brom
And even had them on the 140

Stu

I've mentioned before that one of those appeared on the 120 the once (when operated by West Brom), that was a fun journey into town!  :D

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk