News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on June 24, 2014, 04:43:23 PM
Quote from: Nathan on June 24, 2014, 04:23:38 PM
There isn't any new buses for WN this year ... so no E200's for WN :) ...

That's a real shame, eh @Tony

Yes. Real shame

winston

Quote from: BN on June 24, 2014, 05:00:40 PM
Lets just say it will be animpressiontime for most garages between now and the end of the year. Looking at the list I certainly am.

Hi BN,

Are you able to confirm how many new buses we can expect by the end of the year? I was under the impression that the largest proportion of the new deliveries would be arriving during 2015 to meet NX's commitment with Centro?

Wolves256

Tony has confirmed 100 by September this year so that leaves 174 next year to meet the centro 'commitment' of 300 new buses

Stu

Quote from: Tony on June 24, 2014, 06:18:21 AM
NXs promise of 100 new buses this year is going to be kept and all 100 should be delivered by the end of September so expect a lot of withdrawals soon including the elimination of three vehicle types?

Several people on here are going to be surprised by where the new buses are allocated to as well. I javen't seen too many correct guesses yet!

So far people have guessed at Wolverhampton, Acocks Green, Yardley Wood, Birmingham Central, West Bromwich, Pensnett... so if its none of those I guess its going to be Walsall and Perry Barr again?

For a laugh, I'm going to guess at Coventry!  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

I'll go for Yardley Wood, replacing some of the Presidents or the Tridents. The latter being replaced would be better allowing some Tridents to be cascaded to the likes of WB/PE to replace the Mercs. I don't think it'll be PB as they received the new E400s for the Sutton Routes recently, or WN considering the investment there over the last two years. YW could do with some new double deck buses - no bias in this at all (I use the 76 5 days a week  ;) )

andrew1991

How many of these 100 buses are E400's and how many are E200's ?

Mike K

Quote from: Stu on June 24, 2014, 07:04:46 PM
NXs promise of 100 new buses this year is going to be kept and all 100 should be delivered by the end of September so expect a lot of withdrawals soon including the elimination of three vehicle types?

Several people on here are going to be surprised by where the new buses are allocated to as well. I javen't seen too many correct guesses yet!

So far people have guessed at Wolverhampton, Acocks Green, Yardley Wood, Birmingham Central, West Bromwich, Pensnett... so if its none of those I guess its going to be Walsall and Perry Barr again?

Paddy Power have given me 100-1 on the E400s going to Bordesley Green.

monkeyjoe

Yardley wood 6 or 2/3 or just to be further into randomness BY 55

winston

Quote from: Mike K on June 24, 2014, 08:17:06 PM

That's good odds considering they'd have to be open toppers.....

Liverpool Street

Hahaha! The 8 going to rerouted to allow for Double Deck usage! Confirmed: here and  here @Mike K, @Tony, @Winston, @BN
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on June 24, 2014, 09:05:58 PM

No problems on the 8 with low bridges! Now the 17 errr.

Hahaha! The 8 going to rerouted to allow for Double Deck usage! Confirmed: here and  here @Mike K, @Tony, @Winston, @BN

Jay

Quote from: Liverpool Street on June 24, 2014, 09:05:58 PM

i do like them link @Liverpool Street
My The Force Be With You PN Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/train_nut/

Lukeee

WB for the 82/87 and or 61/63 Bristol road would be good to see. As for the three vehicle types to be withdrawn, I reckon Solos, Darts and Liberators.

D10

Quote from: Lukeee on June 24, 2014, 10:12:35 PM
WB for the 82/87 and or 61/63 Bristol road would be good to see. As for the three vehicle types to be withdrawn, I reckon Solos, Darts and Liberators.

The Solos and Darts are definitely going. The UK Bus Director confirmed this recently in one of his weekly e-mails to staff. 14 Short E200s going to WB and PB to replace these.

Tony

Quote from: D10 on June 25, 2014, 08:46:24 PM
Quote from: Lukeee on June 24, 2014, 10:12:35 PM

The Solos and Darts are definitely going. The UK Bus Director confirmed this recently in one of his weekly e-mails to staff. 14 Short E200s going to WB and PB to replace these.

There is a possibility of one surviving as a replacement for the poorly 241

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk