News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Andrew on July 04, 2014, 01:27:01 PM
Quote from: pb2012 on July 04, 2014, 12:12:51 PM
Quote from: Sh4318 on July 03, 2014, 11:08:28 PM
Quote from: 2900 on July 03, 2014, 10:45:29 PM
Talk at west brom garage of new vehicles are of 10 short wheel based adl enviro 200 arriving any day now , later standard lengh enviro and enviro 400 for soho road services , by September 53 new buses that's what I,ve  heard from Union office . Rather surprised by that .

53 new buses should be enough to signal the end of the Mercs, B6s and Darts.
If correct that might explain AG sending it's presidents to dundee, WB gemini's & presidents to replace them?

are Dundee still receiving the 10 Y reg Tridents or are they just having Presidents now

It's looking likely by the recent transfers that 10 x Presidents are now going to Dundee to operate the new Fife School routes

Kiewii

Quote from: Winston on July 04, 2014, 01:40:26 PM
Talk at west brom garage of new vehicles are of 10 short wheel based adl enviro 200 arriving any day now , later standard lengh enviro and enviro 400 for soho road services , by September 53 new buses that's what I,ve  heard from Union office . Rather surprised by that .

If correct that might explain AG sending it's presidents to dundee, WB gemini's & presidents to replace them?

are Dundee still receiving the 10 Y reg Tridents or are they just having Presidents now

It's looking likely by the recent transfers that 10 x Presidents are now going to Dundee to operate the new Fife School routes

That means NXD will need another 10 buses for August 2015 as the Presidents will be too old to operate the Fife school contracts. It also means that 4103 will have to be replaced by January!

winston

Quote from: Kiewii on July 04, 2014, 01:54:48 PM
Quote from: Winston on July 04, 2014, 01:40:26 PM

That means NXD will need another 10 buses for August 2015 as the Presidents will be too old to operate the Fife school contracts. It also means that 4103 will have to be replaced by January!

To be fair it finds a use for 10 x Presidents for another 12 months, by which time NX will be in the process of taking delivery of another 175 new buses which will provide numerous cascade options to send newer deckers to Dundee

Liverpool Street

Could we start to see Presidents in Miller Street soon? :D :D :D
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 04, 2014, 03:44:58 PM

With the number of new buses due next year, I can see most if not all of the President fleet going next year. That quantity + this years deliveries is enough to see off all Solo's/Darts/B6LE/B10L/Mercs/Spectra's & Presidents. Unless any new services are planned next year, I can't see the total fleet increasing. At least the Presidents are likely to find buyers & be sold on for further service etc

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on July 04, 2014, 03:59:45 PM

With the number of new buses due next year, I can see most if not all of the President fleet going next year. That quantity + this years deliveries is enough to see off all Solo's/Darts/B6LE/B10L/Mercs/Spectra's & Presidents. Unless any new services are planned next year, I can't see the total fleet increasing. At least the Presidents are likely to find buyers & be sold on for further service etc

Seems sensible, with the amount of money NX has spent on the Presidents then I don't think they'd be scrapped. Be weird seeing NX-spec Presidents in foreign areas.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 04, 2014, 04:04:40 PM

Seems sensible, with the amount of money NX has spent on the Presidents then I don't think they'd be scrapped. Be weird seeing NX-spec Presidents in foreign areas.

I agree, I have thought they may be quite sought after by smaller companies for school services compared to dual ex London examples. They're already DDA spec as well.

PM

Quote from: Winston on July 04, 2014, 04:17:30 PM

I agree, I have thought they may be quite sought after by smaller companies for school services compared to dual ex London examples. They're already DDA spec as well.

I bet compared to an ex London example they are in far better condition as well with their 2007/8 flooring and repainted/refurbed interiors. Some have even been refurbed twice... Still, will be a shame to see them go as they're some of the best buses in the fleet...

uniquicity

53 new buses? Nice way to celebrate the 100th anniversary of West Bromwich Corporation

winston

Quote from: uniquicity on July 04, 2014, 06:06:00 PM
53 new buses? Nice way to celebrate the 100th anniversary of West Bromwich Corporation

100 would have been even appropriate

Sh4318

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 04, 2014, 04:30:32 PM

I bet compared to an ex London example they are in far better condition as well with their 2007/8 flooring and repainted/refurbed interiors. Some have even been refurbed twice... Still, will be a shame to see them go as they're some of the best buses in the fleet...

Agreed, they are solid buses. Much better than the new crop of Enviros
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

I,ve been reading the adl website I noticed the mmc enviro 400 is also available for volvo/ scania chassis. Just wandering if any part of this 5 year deal will feature alexander volvos , just a thought we do have such buses at west brom/ perry Barr .

winston

Quote from: 2900 on July 06, 2014, 12:00:30 PM
I,ve been reading the adl website I noticed the mmc enviro 400 is also available for volvo/ scania chassis. Just wandering if any part of this 5 year deal will feature alexander volvos , just a thought we do have such buses at west brom/ perry Barr .

I don't think so, as the 5 year deal was agreed with ADL only, if Volvo were involved I'd have expected them to have issued a press release

andy

Quote from: DiamondDart on July 04, 2014, 04:30:32 PM

Unless you are a driver!

CL

Looking at the Brochure .pdf file, all I can say to NX is 'God forbid you brand this bus' - Unless it's the Ticket branding at the upper deck windscreen, Route branding on the Screenwash panel would look a mess. It's so narrow, they'll just about fit the logo on there, even if they'd remove the ADL Badge. Or, they could use some vinyls (they are vinyls aren't they?) on the lower part of the windscreen...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk