News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 04, 2014, 09:17:01 PM
Quote from: clayderman on August 04, 2014, 08:34:37 PM
Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 04, 2014, 07:58:18 AM
Quote from: JB93 on August 04, 2014, 03:18:58 AM
I do have to agree with the comments about Harborne being given maybe too much of the attention - the majority of buses running through Harborne are already brand new and to pass up a chance to invest in corridors that desperately need new buses to upgrade yet another Harborne service (which already regularly sees Enviro400s and hybrids anyway) seems like a wasted opportunity to me. A much used example is the 94. NX is competing with brand new, clean and attractive looking buses run by Claribels on the Washwood Heath Rd. corridor, and they still haven't responded with newer buses to combat it, instead using decade old buses on a route that hasn't seen any investment in over a decade. I understand there's method to their madness but it would just be nice to see NX really spreading the investment fairly over their services.

Yeighhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Someone actually agrees with me. What a start to a Monday lol.

I probably would've said otherwise... But it does seem fair, Harborne gets a fair share of current unbranded E400s, not to mention the whole ex-WN B5s being branded for services 22/23/24 and maybe 29... But 94 is a PB service. I think I remember somebody saying they were going to BC (and WB), which would make sense to upgrade the Pershore Road, or maybe Bristol Road.

BC are getting ten, which wouldn't be enough to upgrade either of those corridors.

Why are people still questioning this?!?!?! BC are getting TEN for the TWENTY FOUR.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Sh4318

Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 04, 2014, 09:26:33 PM
I do have to agree with the comments about Harborne being given maybe too much of the attention - the majority of buses running through Harborne are already brand new and to pass up a chance to invest in corridors that desperately need new buses to upgrade yet another Harborne service (which already regularly sees Enviro400s and hybrids anyway) seems like a wasted opportunity to me. A much used example is the 94. NX is competing with brand new, clean and attractive looking buses run by Claribels on the Washwood Heath Rd. corridor, and they still haven't responded with newer buses to combat it, instead using decade old buses on a route that hasn't seen any investment in over a decade. I understand there's method to their madness but it would just be nice to see NX really spreading the investment fairly over their services.

Yeighhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Someone actually agrees with me. What a start to a Monday lol.

I probably would've said otherwise... But it does seem fair, Harborne gets a fair share of current unbranded E400s, not to mention the whole ex-WN B5s being branded for services 22/23/24 and maybe 29... But 94 is a PB service. I think I remember somebody saying they were going to BC (and WB), which would make sense to upgrade the Pershore Road, or maybe Bristol Road.

BC are getting ten, which wouldn't be enough to upgrade either of those corridors.

Why are people still questioning this?!?!?! BC are getting TEN for the TWENTY FOUR.

I'm not questioning anything, I'm just making the point that ten wouldn't be enough for the Bristol Road or Pershore Road corridor
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

wbdriver

was thinking about this last night. Just me thinking out loud now:

33 new enviros to WB
54 plate and some 53 plate Geminis to WA
Tridents from WA to WN
Spectras withdrawn.

OR

new enviros to WB
ALX400 and Geminis to PB
Scanias from PB to YW and WA
B10s withdrawn

any other possibles?
an empty bus is a happy driver.

winston

Quote from: wbdriver on August 05, 2014, 10:17:38 AM

33 new enviros to WB
Tridents from WA to WN
Spectras withdrawn.

OR

new enviros to WB
ALX400 and Geminis to PB
B10s withdrawn

any other possibles?

AG are currently down 5 x Deckers i.e Presidents 4025/6, 4103, 4111 & 4112, something will need to replace these come end of August/early Sept

JB93

33 new enviros to WB
Tridents from WA to WN
Spectras withdrawn.

OR

new enviros to WB
ALX400 and Geminis to PB
B10s withdrawn

any other possibles?

PB need their Scanias to operate their single deck routes.

Sh4318

Quote from: Winston on August 05, 2014, 10:35:59 AM

33 new enviros to WB
Tridents from WA to WN
Spectras withdrawn.

OR

new enviros to WB
ALX400 and Geminis to PB
B10s withdrawn

any other possibles?

AG are currently down 5 x Deckers i.e Presidents 4025/6, 4103, 4111 & 4112, something will need to replace these come end of August/early Sept

AG could get their 46**s back from WB and send 3 Presidents to Dundee, or 5 Presidents could transfer from WB to AG
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

Quote from: Sh4318 on August 05, 2014, 02:25:59 PM
Quote from: Winston on August 05, 2014, 10:35:59 AM

33 new enviros to WB
Tridents from WA to WN
Spectras withdrawn.

OR

new enviros to WB
ALX400 and Geminis to PB
B10s withdrawn

any other possibles?

AG could get their 46**s back from WB and send 3 Presidents to Dundee, or 5 Presidents could transfer from WB to AG

To add to that, Dundee will still need another 5 Presidents to fulfill their new Fife School Bus contracts by end of August

CL

Sorry LS. Hadn't read a few pages. Although this was a rumour a while back? Nice to see we're getting new buses for the 24... Makes for a difference to school, but I can assure myself it will get boring after a while... Better cherish the Tridents while I can. As long as they don't stick anything in the rear windows. NX have got a tendency of doing this more recently... ::)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

Alexander Dennis haven't wasted any time.
at 09:30 I was still photographing this batch in Glasgow. When I got back to Walsall 4940 was in the paintshop

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on August 05, 2014, 08:00:48 PM
Alexander Dennis haven't wasted any time.
at 09:30 I was still photographing this batch in Glasgow. When I got back to Walsall 4940 was in the paintshop

Is there going to be any sort of big launch for these buses or will it just be a case of into service asap Tony?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Mike K

Quote from: clayderman on August 05, 2014, 07:46:04 PM

Sorry LS. Hadn't read a few pages. Although this was a rumour a while back? Nice to see we're getting new buses for the 24... Makes for a difference to school, but I can assure myself it will get boring after a while... Better cherish the Tridents while I can. As long as they don't stick anything in the rear windows. NX have got a tendency of doing this more recently... ::)

Clayderman. The words 'cherish' and 'Tridents' don't belong in the same sentence. That is all.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

in the grand scheme of things, the earlier Tridents haven't got that long left before withdrawl, after all with deckers when the Spectra's and Presidents have gone, they are next.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

CL

Quote from: Mike K on August 05, 2014, 08:17:24 PM
Quote from: clayderman on August 05, 2014, 07:46:04 PM

Clayderman. The words 'cherish' and 'Tridents' don't belong in the same sentence. That is all.

You say that now, but when they're gone, you'll regret it! Mark my words... ;) lol, jk. But I will miss them on the 24, much like the Presidents.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Kevin

33 new enviros to WB
Tridents from WA to WN
Spectras withdrawn.

OR

new enviros to WB
ALX400 and Geminis to PB
B10s withdrawn

any other possibles?

I reckon they could refurb some WB Geminis and use them as a bit of an upgrade of sorts for the 94
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk