News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Here's a controversial idea ..........

E400s to WB to replace all Mercs and cascade 10 B7TL to AG to replace Presidents.
E400s to BC (10 for the 24 @Liverpool Street!!) and cascade 10 Tridents (old) to WN to replace Mercs (fabulous if they were ones which were at PL when new!!)
E400s to Coventry to replace all Mercs
E400s to PE to replace Mercs

Any Mercs in NX livery in good condition with long MOTs could replace any TWM livery ones left at PL.

E200s to WL, PL, WB and YW to replace B6 and B10 (suggested on basis type training may be happening at PL @nathan)

NB all of this is total conjecture and possible fantasy based on little pointers given in various posts recently. I would also expect the remaining Presidents at AG and early Tridents at BC to be reallocated to reduce the numbers at these depots and thus allow a more orderly and even replacement programme - thus a final allocation of 20 at each depot (including Dundee) would deal with this.

Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

winston

Quote from: don on August 06, 2014, 11:17:58 PM

E400s to WB to replace all Mercs and cascade 10 B7TL to AG to replace Presidents.
E400s to BC (10 for the 24) and cascade 10 Tridents (old) to WN to replace Mercs (fabulous if they were ones which were at PL when new!!)

Any Mercs in NX livery in good condition with long MOTs could replace any TWM livery ones left at PL.

E200s to WL, PL, WB and YW to replace B6 and B10 (suggested on basis type training may be happening at PL).

NB all of this is total conjecture and possible fantasy based on little pointers given in various posts recently. I would also expect the remaining Presidents at AG and early Tridents at BC to be reallocated to reduce the numbers at these depots and this allow a more orderly and even replacement programme - thus a final allocation of 20 at each depot (including Dundee) would deal with this.

All pretty plausible except E400s to PE to replace Mercs & I think the B10L's could see in the new year

Ashley

As I wrote in another thread, why send Gemini's from WB to AG to replace their Presidents when WB could use said Gemini's to replace their own Presidents. That would be a better attempt at upgrading the 5

don

Quote from: Winston on August 06, 2014, 11:29:17 PM

E400s to BC (10 for the 24) and cascade 10 Tridents (old) to WN to replace Mercs (fabulous if they were ones which were at PL when new!!)

E200s to WL, PL, WB and YW to replace B6 and B10 (suggested on basis type training may be happening at PL).

NB all of this is total conjecture and possible fantasy based on little pointers given in various posts recently. I would also expect the remaining Presidents at AG and early Tridents at BC to be reallocated to reduce the numbers at these depots and this allow a more orderly and even replacement programme - thus a final allocation of 20 at each depot (including Dundee) would deal with this.

All pretty plausible except E400s to PE to replace Mercs & I think the B10L's could see in the new year

Curious to know why re PE? I'm presuming possibly 86 E400s making up 100 vehicles with 14 short E200s received so far. I tend to agree re B10 and this may apply to some B6 also. It looks like top priority is replacement of Mercs.

Trident 4609

There won't be 86 E400's as more E200's are due for WN. But there was a pic on Flickr taken on1st August 2014 showing a E400 on the production line at the Falkirk ADL factory but in sky blue livery. Are CV having E400's soon?

monkeyjoe

Wow East brum might get some of the new shaped 400's then next year.

don

Quote from: Ashley on August 06, 2014, 11:32:16 PM
As I wrote in another thread, why send Gemini's from WB to AG to replace their Presidents when WB could use said Gemini's to replace their own Presidents. That would be a better attempt at upgrading the 5

Because AG will need 10 buses to replace Presidents going to Dundee and I would have thought reducing the imbalance of Presidents at AG and early Tridents at BC will become a problem and skew vehicle age profiles at depots if all 100 odd are replaced in the same period of time. Reallocating would avoid this.

don

Quote from: Nathan on August 06, 2014, 11:38:10 PM
There won't be 86 E400's as more E200's are due for WN. But there was a pic on Flickr taken on1st August 2014 showing a E400 on the production line at the Falkirk ADL factory but in sky blue livery. Are CV having E400's soon?

Do you know how many E200s? Generally PL have had about 18 Mercs, presuming this is what will be replaced.

I based the suggestion of E400s to Coventry on that pic and the fact they have quite a few Mercs (and have withdrawn a couple in TWM livery recently)

winston

Quote from: don on August 06, 2014, 11:34:12 PM
Quote from: Winston on August 06, 2014, 11:29:17 PM

Curious to know why re PE? I'm presuming possibly 86 E400s making up 100 vehicles with 14 short E200s received so far. I tend to agree re B10 and this may apply to some B6 also. It looks like top priority is replacement of Mercs.

PE have had a decent intake of new buses the past couple of years, I think cascaded Tridents at the most may release any Mercs from PE in poor condition for withdrawal. PE could get something new next year, possibly new E400's for the Hagley Rd if that become a gold corridor to coincide with Sprint in the future?

Don't forget there are also LWB E200's due, with approx 10 destined for WB in addition to the 10 x SWB examples

the trainbasher

Could Coventry be gaining enviros to replace the Volvo/Alexanders they have, to cascade them to west bromwich (or Gemini's to Acocks Green?)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 07, 2014, 02:50:13 PM
Could Coventry be gaining enviros to replace the Volvo/Alexanders they have, to cascade them to west bromwich (or Gemini's to Acocks Green?)

Somehow I don't think WB will be needing any cascades

lauren1993

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 07, 2014, 02:50:13 PM
Highly unlikely as 4420 has just gone for repaint/refurb and 4422 has just recently been repainted/refurbed. I think they would have waited if they were planning to transfer them, and the geminis are needed at CV, otherwise there would be no decent buses left!!
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

JoNi

At yesterday's "Your Public Transport Matters" event in Coventry a NX senior manager openly stated the new Enviros due for Coventry are for route 13, initially not branded. So who knows the Gemini's might be off!

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on August 08, 2014, 10:28:30 AM
At yesterday's "Your Public Transport Matters" event in Coventry a NX senior manager openly stated the new Enviros due for Coventry are for route 13, initially not branded. So who knows the Gemini's might be off!

There is only one Gemini on the 13 today. Coventry are getting 4983-4995 (13 Enviro 400s) which will be enough to fully convert the 13 to new buses. It needs more than 10 buses so currently cannot be fully Gemini anyway

Wolves256

So that's 56 Enviro 400s accounted for so far, is this the complete order for 2014?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk