News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Alexander Dennis Enviro400 Discussion

Started by Stuharris 6360, May 01, 2014, 09:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Mike K on August 01, 2014, 08:05:04 PM
Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 01, 2014, 04:23:40 PM
Typical once again West Brum as if Harborne are lacking newer vehicles and investment (same old same old). Not even like those routes have much competition. Resource in same old same old. WTF is going on with this management. Invest is same areas and generate profits and make no investments in area where people have no &^^%$ choice. Makes me sooooooo angry.  I am glad about the WB soho rd ones though :).  Right back to work to have another argument over trading terms with a certain supermarket chain.

I told you the 24 needed new buses. I'm led to believe that management had to act fast to combat the threat posed by Discount Travel Solutions on the Harborne corridor.

Hahahahaha! This post pleases me!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

monkeyjoe

Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 02, 2014, 11:56:19 AM
Typical once again West Brum as if Harborne are lacking newer vehicles and investment (same old same old). Not even like those routes have much competition. Resource in same old same old. WTF is going on with this management. Invest is same areas and generate profits and make no investments in area where people have no &^^%$ choice. Makes me sooooooo angry.  I am glad about the WB soho rd ones though :).  Right back to work to have another argument over trading terms with a certain supermarket chain.

I told you the 24 needed new buses. I'm led to believe that management had to act fast to combat the threat posed by Discount Travel Solutions on the Harborne corridor.

Quick to react, is it new management these days? They have  done ££&*( all to react to certain other corridors. 16 one I will name for a change lol.

Sayeed

Век живи - век учись

John

Quote from: Sayeed on August 02, 2014, 05:05:07 PM
Is Coventry due to have new E400's too?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/45060815@N07/14801954944/

If the date is right, they must be. They might be to replace Mercedes, or even to displace some deckers to a WM garage

pb2012

Quote from: Sayeed on August 02, 2014, 05:05:07 PM
Is Coventry due to have new E400's too?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/45060815@N07/14801954944/
I would say CV is to get some if not all the remaning balance of E400 due?
There is a 14 plate stagecoach in the group of pics taken?

Liberator9

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 02, 2014, 12:02:31 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on August 02, 2014, 11:56:19 AM

Quick to react, is it new management these days? They have  done ££&*( all to react to certain other corridors. 16 one I will name for a change lol.

NX has invested over recent years on corridors and more minor services - they invested in the 6 and 37 back in 2010, 2011 involved new buses for PB's 33 route, WA's 51, and BC's Harborne services. Then in 2012 much deserved new single deckers went to PE, WN, AG and BC. There was also the new Enviro 200s for the 99, 222 and some WB services. In 2013 there was the 900 and 957 Enviro 400s, which had not seen new buses for a while, the Sutton routes which allowed good condition E400s to get to YW (replacing some Tridents there) plus there were new Wrights and Enviros for CV. WB is now getting its turn for much needed new buses, and seemingly CV could be due some more. PB already last year received a bunch of new buses for the Sutton lines - they can't just receive another load of new buses the year after in a large amount. I could equally moan about the lack of new buses at YW currently, but I am sure NX will get round to getting some in the near future - they need to basically balance out the number of new buses for each depot.

The previous comment regarding the fact NX always invest in the same old areas - well that's not really true - they seem to spread it out fairly evenly really - remember all those Scania Omnilinks on the Chelmsley Wood and Lea Hall services back in 2008. Those at BY/PB were meant to replace some of the older buses in East Birmingham, which included the likes of the 97, 16 and others. They will get their turn again I am sure one day.

Stuharris 6360

Take it PE may be due some new Enviro 400s for the 246 then, with GRS being such strong competition (Not)  ;) ;) ;)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

JB93

I do have to agree with the comments about Harborne being given maybe too much of the attention - the majority of buses running through Harborne are already brand new and to pass up a chance to invest in corridors that desperately need new buses to upgrade yet another Harborne service (which already regularly sees Enviro400s and hybrids anyway) seems like a wasted opportunity to me. A much used example is the 94. NX is competing with brand new, clean and attractive looking buses run by Claribels on the Washwood Heath Rd. corridor, and they still haven't responded with newer buses to combat it, instead using decade old buses on a route that hasn't seen any investment in over a decade. I understand there's method to their madness but it would just be nice to see NX really spreading the investment fairly over their services.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: JB93 on August 04, 2014, 03:18:58 AM
I do have to agree with the comments about Harborne being given maybe too much of the attention - the majority of buses running through Harborne are already brand new and to pass up a chance to invest in corridors that desperately need new buses to upgrade yet another Harborne service (which already regularly sees Enviro400s and hybrids anyway) seems like a wasted opportunity to me. A much used example is the 94. NX is competing with brand new, clean and attractive looking buses run by Claribels on the Washwood Heath Rd. corridor, and they still haven't responded with newer buses to combat it, instead using decade old buses on a route that hasn't seen any investment in over a decade. I understand there's method to their madness but it would just be nice to see NX really spreading the investment fairly over their services.

Yeighhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Someone actually agrees with me. What a start to a Monday lol.

Trident 4194

I went on hybrid 24 on Saturday and there was a quite a few aswell as a enviro 400. I don't think they need them.

Solo1

When will the wb ones be in service i know they r on the way
back to the west midlands

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on August 04, 2014, 01:37:01 PM
When will the wb ones be in service i know they r on the way
back to the west midlands

They're not on their way down yet. I have just photographed 4 in service in Glasgow today. At least a week before any venture south yet

Eric Shaw

I would have thought the Enviro's in Glasgow would be needed for the V Festival.

CL

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 04, 2014, 07:58:18 AM

Yeighhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! Someone actually agrees with me. What a start to a Monday lol.

I probably would've said otherwise... But it does seem fair, Harborne gets a fair share of current unbranded E400s, not to mention the whole ex-WN B5s being branded for services 22/23/24 and maybe 29... But 94 is a PB service. I think I remember somebody saying they were going to BC (and WB), which would make sense to upgrade the Pershore Road, or maybe Bristol Road.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Sh4318

Quote from: clayderman on August 04, 2014, 08:34:37 PM
Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 04, 2014, 07:58:18 AM

I probably would've said otherwise... But it does seem fair, Harborne gets a fair share of current unbranded E400s, not to mention the whole ex-WN B5s being branded for services 22/23/24 and maybe 29... But 94 is a PB service. I think I remember somebody saying they were going to BC (and WB), which would make sense to upgrade the Pershore Road, or maybe Bristol Road.

BC are getting ten, which wouldn't be enough to upgrade either of those corridors.
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk