News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

New tram

Started by karl724223, April 02, 2014, 10:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Stevo on September 25, 2014, 12:26:24 PM
I  agree, notepanel. But there's no substitute for a proper dedicated bus service. At the moment Stagecoach Supertram in Sheffield is providing two bus shuttles, one for a planned blockage and another because of a hole that's appeared by the track. They don't just tell passengers to board a scheduled service.

(Other Tony - I like your Walsall photo - those were the days!)

Wolverhampton have got 3 Tridents each day just doing shuttles to Bilston as Tram replacements

Solo1

Which new trams r out 2 day

Solo1

Was told 6 were out when I asked one
Of the tram staff

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on September 27, 2014, 08:37:47 PM
Was told 6 were out when I asked one
Of the tram staff

I saw 20-24(5)

Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Stevo

Quote from: Tony on September 25, 2014, 09:31:55 PM
Quote from: Stevo on September 25, 2014, 12:26:24 PM
I  agree, notepanel. But there's no substitute for a proper dedicated bus service. At the moment Stagecoach Supertram in Sheffield is providing two bus shuttles, one for a planned blockage and another because of a hole that's appeared by the track. They don't just tell passengers to board a scheduled service.

(Other Tony - I like your Walsall photo - those were the days!)

Wolverhampton have got 3 Tridents each day just doing shuttles to Bilston as Tram replacements

Where do they run from? Where is the publicity for these?

Tony

They just run as required as 79Es between Bilston & Wolverhampton

mikestone

There are posters facing the street by the coach stop door. I didn't go inside there, but did notice that both the travel centre and wall mounted racks had the normal tram timetables on display.

Stevo

Quote from: Tony on September 28, 2014, 09:34:20 PM
With respect, that's not really a dedicated shuttle service which should be purely for tram passengers and run non-stop between tram stops - it's just an enhancement of an existing service.

SMK

Quote from: Stevo on September 29, 2014, 07:00:57 PM
With respect, that's not really a dedicated shuttle service which should be purely for tram passengers and run non-stop between tram stops - it's just an enhancement of an existing service.
Isn't there also a shuttle service displaying "ML1" in addition to the 79Es?
I saw one parked up on stand U in the bus station when I was last there.
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

Other Walsall Tony

26 out on test today, still with plastic covers on seats etc.
Tony

Trident 4609

Quote from: SMK on September 30, 2014, 11:11:12 PM
Quote from: Stevo on September 29, 2014, 07:00:57 PM
Isn't there also a shuttle service displaying "ML1" in addition to the 79Es?
I saw one parked up on stand U in the bus station when I was last there.

ML1 is no longer used from my observations. All display 79E-Bilston

Solo1

another new trAM OUT TODAY number 25  https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/15504156231/

Please can you actually tell is which vehicle is in your posts instead of just putting loads of anonymous posts deliberately to boost your views

JIM H

Trams 26 & 27 both out on test today.

Stevo

Another poor experience with the tram-bus 'interchange' - sorry to go on about this! I tried The Crescent as suggested by someone on this forum and at least the bus stop is closer. 582 came up on the 39 about 3 late. When it got to Priestfield it was unable to pick all of those waiting up and 5 people were left in the cold and drizzle on the pavement. We had over 15 standing. There seemed to be only 2 Urboses out - 20 and 22. They were finding the slippery rails difficult.
In West Bromwich bus station the display for the Metro still says it's running to Wolverhampton.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk