News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New tram

Started by karl724223, April 02, 2014, 10:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Shaw

Trams out this morning were:04, 05, 06, 09, 10, 11, 12, 16, 20 and 22. 27 was out on test. There have been reports on BBC wm recently about trams breaking down, this suggests it may be problems with the new ones.

Other Walsall Tony

I wonder how the new trams will cope with Stephenson Place in B'ham City Centre? A steep descent followed by a 90' turn? And of course  a steep climb on the way out.
Tony

mikestone

Quote from: Stevo on October 22, 2014, 04:56:20 PM
Another poor experience with the tram-bus 'interchange' - sorry to go on about this! I tried The Crescent as suggested by someone on this forum and at least the bus stop is closer. 582 came up on the 39 about 3 late. When it got to Priestfield it was unable to pick all of those waiting up and 5 people were left in the cold and drizzle on the pavement. We had over 15 standing. There seemed to be only 2 Urboses out - 20 and 22. They were finding the slippery rails difficult.
In West Bromwich bus station the display for the Metro still says it's running to Wolverhampton.
;
Traveline seems to prefer The Crescent and Bilston as second choice

windy miller

New tram out on test today,(Thursday) making several mid-afternoon trips>   Tram 30
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Stevo

31 was on test yesterday Nov 6 but only 2 Urboses out - 20 and 22 again.

Ossie

29 noted out on test in West Bromwich today, seats still covered in plastic and CAF stickers in the window.

New trams seen in service were 18, 22/24/25.

Solo1

Stevo

Just the usual suspects out last Friday - 20 and 22 again, plus 26. 31 and another on test.

windy miller

Q... Has anyone seen new tram 17 recently?... it appears to be one thats off the radar for some reason :-\

Solo1

TRAM 26 AT PREISTFIELD DUE TO TRAM AT ROYALBROKE DOWN   https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/15953306108/

Stevo

20 broke down twice today. I arrived at Snow Hill at about midday and it was refusing to leave. The driver dropped the pantograph, rebooted but with no luck, so everyone was turfed off. 10 took us on after a few minutes. I got back to Snow Hill at about 1630 and 20 was in the platform trying to leave, but couldn't, so 'Everyone off!' again. Actually I don't know if it had been the platform since midday or had been out and back a number of times. Just the other usual suspects out, 22 and 26, plus 19. (And T69s). Does anyone know why they use these cars so much while others never seem to leave the depot?

Eric Shaw

Trams I saw in service today were 04, 06, 08, 09, 10, 12, 16 19, 22 and 26. 24 had the pantograph up and appeared ready for service. I think the three  parked way down the yard were 03, 05 and 11.

windy miller

has anyone seen tram 17 actually IN service during 2014?   and any sign of overhead wire installations on the new extension? :-\

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: windy miller on December 31, 2014, 01:23:34 AM
has anyone seen tram 17 actually IN service during 2014?   and any sign of overhead wire installations on the new extension? :-\

No idea about 17, no signs of knitting over the extension either.

... & don't hold your breath about travelling over the extension next year either!

Stevo

Considering that the first track was laid in Upper Bull Street in November 2013, it's taken well over a year to lay much less than half the track- only one line down in Corporation Street and not for the whole distance, no northbound track in the lower half of Upper Bull Street and no track across New Street down to Stephenson approach. And the curve they've laid from Stephenson Street doesn't look not sharp enough to get round the bend and looks as if it will end up on the pavement or worse.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk