News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New tram

Started by karl724223, April 02, 2014, 10:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For anyone interested who doesn't know, Horsencart82 regularly posts on Flickr on the Tram extension progress:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dofartshavelumps/15952064535/
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Solo1

When will tram 17 & the rest of the trams that have
arrived be in service

uniquicity

Saw tram 18 today for the first time in a while.

Stevo

30 was still being tested on Wednesday.

Liberator9

Finally got on one of the new trams today - Tram 18.

Actually really like them - very smart design inside and out - the cab seems to very roomy for the driver. Tram was smooth riding and quick to pick up speed. Seats aren't great - they're ok, but not much padding on them. Some of the seats I noticed facing each other seemed to lack legroom, but the pair of seats at the front are very good. Good trams although will miss the heating, motors and seats on the older Trams.

wembley86

Quote from: Liberator9 on January 24, 2015, 10:22:09 PM

Actually really like them - very smart design inside and out - the cab seems to very roomy for the driver. Tram was smooth riding and quick to pick up speed. Seats aren't great - they're ok, but not much padding on them. Some of the seats I noticed facing each other seemed to lack legroom, but the pair of seats at the front are very good. Good trams although will miss the heating, motors and seats on the older Trams.

NX have buses with hard seating some of the Eviro 400 have them at the front and i think the rear seats are like it.

Alex

Quote from: wembley86 on January 25, 2015, 03:54:34 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on January 24, 2015, 10:22:09 PM

NX have buses with hard seating some of the Eviro 400 have them at the front and i think the rear seats are like it.

I think only the early batch of E400's (47xx) have the hard seating at the back, as i was on 4812 today and it doesn't have hard seats at the back, only the front
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

JIM H

Tram 33 on mileage accumulation trip today, through Jewellery Quarter at 14.30.

Other Walsall Tony

Tram 31 on trial today. Also, something failed this morning causing delays...
Tony

Stevo

I notice I posted that 31 was on test in November. Just how much testing do they need?

Roy

Quote from: Stevo on February 14, 2015, 10:43:14 AM
I notice I posted that 31 was on test in November. Just how much testing do they need?
Each one has to complete a set number of problem free miles before it is accepted.  I can't remember what that number is.

Eric Shaw

Trams running this morning were :19, 20, 22, 23, 31, 18, 04, 09, 25 and 16. No 05 had joined in by this afternoon, it may have replaced 22 or 23. My personal opinion I that the new trams are very suitable for street running e.g. from Five Ways to Curzon Street but for an interurban route like Birmingham to Wolverhampton more seats and more comfortable seats are needed.

Stevo

Was 31 in normal service? It must have completed its trouble free mileage at last.

Eric Shaw

I believe 31 was in service. It appeared to be one of the ten running in the morning.

uniquicity

The info screens were working on tram 20 tonight. Showing stop information and passenger info, but no CCTV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk