News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

4490 is one of the worst and has still not been done! Saw it one night with the paint all of the roof with one headlight working! it looked shocking especially for nxwm!

Tony

4055, 4486 & 4801 all currently have their seats being retrimmed at Miller Street

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Still seems just such a needless expense to refurb PE Enviro's when there is so, so, so many other buses in the fleet that are crying out for a refurb, all of WN's 126 Tridents for example and so many of the Dudley Road Gemini's that are 8 years old compared to the Enviro's 3! And how about WB and PE's still huge allocation of Merc's? Surely some of them need to be done as there is no news of another 150+ bus order in the next year or so to replace them

John

Quote from: BU07 LGO on September 14, 2012, 01:11:51 PM
4490 is one of the worst and has still not been done! Saw it one night with the paint all of the roof with one headlight working! it looked shocking especially for nxwm!

Yes, it's awful. 4477 and 4478 have also seen better days. 4481, 4303 and 4246 are also very tired looking.

Stu

Noticed today while walking past 4112 parked up in Acocks Green that not only has it been repainted, its also had all its seats retrimmed.

I guess that means that the Presidents still have a long-term future, have any other Presidents also had new seats?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on September 14, 2012, 07:06:25 PM
Noticed today while walking past 4112 parked up in Acocks Green that not only has it been repainted, its also had all its seats retrimmed.

I guess that means that the Presidents still have a long-term future, have any other Presidents also had new seats?

Yes several. every bus repainted for at least the last year has been retrimmed except 1833.

John

They must have a good few years left in service somewhere in the West Midlands (Pensnett could have some for the 246, and other local routes that need double deckers).

Did 4025 get the grey seats? Looking at my picture, it looks like it still has the dark blue seats as well.

John

Quote from: Winston on September 13, 2012, 11:08:31 PM
The last B6LE to be refurbished was some time ago, the 30 x Midis due in Dec will see off more of the these, so unlikely any more will be treated

584 and 661 are the latest withdrawals from Coventry, replaced by 1635/6.
That makes 48 left in service according to my fleetlist. Most are in NXWM/NXC livery (apart from 648, 650, 652 and 674) and most will be refurbished already inside, 648 and 674 are refurbished inside with dark blue seats, both still in TWM livery.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on September 14, 2012, 07:27:13 PM

Yes several. every bus repainted for at least the last year has been retrimmed except 1833.

Odd, because 4112 is the first repainted President at AG that has had the new seat trim. Or at least the first one I've seen!

The Presidents will still be around a lot longer than the Spectras I hope!  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ashley

Every bus since late 2010 has had new seats upon repaint, the exceptions being 4610,4503,4256,1677,1833

MW

Has 4025 got the new trim? I dont think so but can't remember.

John

Quote from: Michael on September 15, 2012, 05:59:05 AM
Has 4025 got the new trim? I dont think so but can't remember.

I don't think it has, Looking at my picture, it still has the dark blue it was refurbished with in 2007.

Ashley

There may be a few others that haven't had new trim since it became almost standard, im not sure

Discodave

whats going on with the 46** seires tridents at wolves just being left and are tatty everything else seems to be being done some which are a lot older

Rob H

4678 now back in service on the 31 this morning
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk