News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Refurbs

Started by John, May 07, 2012, 11:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Must admit looking at the one photo Tony linked to, its a shame the missing connection bars make the fleetname look off centre!

John

Quote from: Winston on September 19, 2012, 10:29:49 PM
NXC's attempt to remove the WM bit off interim logo's & some Travel Coventry fleetnames also seems a half hearted attempt

I do agree with that. You need to look at Dundee's fleet, I think all of their buses either in new red/white livery or old low floor livery all have the National Express Dundee fleetnames and they look a whole lot better.

Coventry's attempt actually make them look worse with some buses not having any fleetnames at all and a few of the Mercedes having a non standard NXC logo with the twin peaks logo and the 'part of' removed, so the logo reads 'Coventry National Express' on 2 lines. Some have just has the twin peaks removed, but still look just as bad.

winston

Quote from: Westy on September 19, 2012, 10:35:24 PM
Must admit looking at the one photo Tony linked to, its a shame the missing connection bars make the fleetname look off centre!

It's in exactly the same position as all the latest repaints / fleetnames (with small connection bars) i.e. first full panel after the front wheelarch

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4475-4699/4619.html

Ash

Quote from: John-s-91 on September 19, 2012, 10:40:08 PM
NXC's attempt to remove the WM bit off interim logo's & some Travel Coventry fleetnames also seems a half hearted attempt

I do agree with that. You need to look at Dundee's fleet, I think all of their buses either in new red/white livery or old low floor livery all have the National Express Dundee fleetnames and they look a whole lot better.

Coventry's attempt actually make them look worse with some buses not having any fleetnames at all and a few of the Mercedes having a non standard NXC logo with the twin peaks logo and the 'part of' removed, so the logo reads 'Coventry National Express' on 2 lines. Some have just has the twin peaks removed, but still look just as bad.

Quite a few of Coventry bendi buses still have the travel coventry logos but in the new NX Coventry colour.

winston

Quote from: John-s-91 on September 19, 2012, 10:40:08 PM

Surely it would have took them longer to remove parts of the old fleetnames than just whipping off the whole thing & replacing it with the current one

monkeyjoe

Why can't other garages learn from the benchmark AG has set. Personally i think it's cringe worthy on behalf of NXWM or whatever they are calling themselves.

Perry Barr especially shoddy looking fleet, from what i witness.

B.C Driver

4444 is back from refurb at BC
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

John

Quote from: Ash on September 19, 2012, 10:44:18 PM
Quite a few of Coventry bendi buses still have the travel coventry logos but in the new NX Coventry colour.

I think that is because they are printed onto the glass and are not like how the logo's are applied to the normal buses.

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 20, 2012, 12:03:34 AM
Perry Barr especially shoddy looking fleet, from what i witness.

Oh yes, I quite agree.

John

Quote from: Winston on September 19, 2012, 10:04:32 PM
Just noticed 4182 its actually a YW Trident, when I saw that automatically assumed it was a BC one

I thought that as well, must be the amount of older Trident's Central have had refurbed lately.

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on September 20, 2012, 01:21:25 AM

Cool, thanks. 4238 should not be long then.
The next refurb I really need to find is 4141, never seen it even though it was completed over 2 months ago. Do you know if it is out and about?

John

Quote from: Tony on August 05, 2012, 02:55:11 PM
4372 will probably be the next YW one

4372 is now back in service, I have heard today.

Tony

Quote from: John-s-91 on September 20, 2012, 02:03:36 PM
Just noticed 4182 its actually a YW Trident, when I saw that automatically assumed it was a BC one

I thought that as well, must be the amount of older Trident's Central have had refurbed lately.

The next refurb I really need to find is 4141, never seen it even though it was completed over 2 months ago. Do you know if it is out and about?
4238 was on the 94 today. Photograph on the main site in about 5 minutes

andy

Quote from: Tony on September 25, 2012, 10:00:31 PM
Quote from: John-s-91 on September 20, 2012, 02:03:36 PM

4238 was on the 94 today. Photograph on the main site in about 5 minutes

Nice to see one of these getting the full treatment....will they be working through the others or are they clearing the Geminis first?

Ashley

I've also heard 4372 is back

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

1645 seen fitted with Digital blinds even though it is still in its first ever livery with white gap behind front wheels and some of the tattiest seats going, presume its got to be one of PE's next refurbs otherwise where's the sense in putting in digital blinds

John

Quote from: andy on September 26, 2012, 10:57:38 AM
Nice to see one of these getting the full treatment....will they be working through the others or are they clearing the Geminis first?

It would make sense to do refurbs in age order, but the Gemini's, especially the ex-33 ones may be more worn out inside than the B7 ALX400's. A lot more Gemini's are been refurbed than ALX400's recently.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk