News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 111 Roughley on December 29, 2014, 09:26:43 AM
If Simon Dunn denies that Diamond will be running a 125 against Central's 125, then fair enough. However I think it was reasonable speculation that they might. Is this the Diamond that a few months ago registered and ran a 62 two minutes earlier than Green Bus? Is this the Diamond that runs its 149 and 145A against igo's 145? If you know these routes, you would know that having competitive services on them is laughable. Moreover is this the Diamond which defeated the mighty First in Redditch? They didn't do it by pussyfooting around. Was Kidderminster's own 1 service capable of sustaining two operators? What was Diamond's motivation in doing all this? Central itself is very competitive and I can hardly think its arrival in Kidderminster is welcome to Diamond. Pleasing though Simon Dunn's appearance on this board is, we must not suspend our common sense.

Dear Sir,

I havent said, we werent going to be running the 125.

I was implying our motivations were incorrectly stated.  We had waited registering an option, whilst we saw the outcome of the 125 tender.  Since then another registration has gone in, and that same operator has won the 125 tender.

Simon 

111 Roughley

Simon
I'm not quite sure as to whether £10m+ is a serious valuation, or just a way of saying it's not for sale. It might be better not to mention a figure if it's the latter. As to the 125, I did of course notice that you had not said exactly whether you would running a 125, and that why I used the word 'If'. I was hoping to tease that out. You've told us that another company has registered the 125, but you still haven't told us whether you will or won't be running such a service. Your 62 did get rid of Green Bus.
Regards, Andrew

winston

Quote from: 111 Roughley on December 29, 2014, 06:14:20 PM
Simon
I'm not quite sure as to whether £10m+ is a serious valuation, or just a way of saying it's not for sale. It might be better not to mention a figure if it's the latter. As to the 125, I did of course notice that you had not said exactly whether you would running a 125, and that why I used the word 'If'. I was hoping to tease that out. You've told us that another company has registered the 125, but you still haven't told us whether you will or won't be running such a service. Your 62 did get rid of Green Bus.
Regards, Andrew

Simon's clearly stated that Rotala do not want to sell RH & KR, therefore it ends there! Winston

Dear All,

1.  I had hoped when quoting the figure it would prove our resolve in not wanting to selling the two depots.

111 Roughley

Quote from: Winston on December 29, 2014, 06:20:04 PM
Simon
Regards, Andrew

Simon's clearly stated that Rotala do not want to sell RH & KR, therefore it ends there! Winston

Dear All,

1.  I had hoped when quoting the figure it would prove our resolve in not wanting to selling the two depots.
Winston,
If you don't want any discussion on the value of these operations, then Simon doesn't have to come on this thread and say that someone would have to pay 'north of £10m' to buy them. I've no objection to Simon coming on this thread, but I wouldn't want it to inhibit fair comment.

The £10+ Million plus offer was to reiterate that Rotala has no desire to sell, everyone else gets it....... Winston

Simon Dunn

It seems easier if I dont comment on anything other than direct questions in the future

111 Roughley

Quote from: 111 Roughley on December 29, 2014, 06:33:07 PM
Simon
Regards, Andrew

Dear All,

Winston,
If you don't want any discussion on the value of these operations, then Simon doesn't have to come on this thread and say that someone would have to pay 'north of £10m' to buy them. I've no objection to Simon coming on this thread, but I wouldn't want it to inhibit fair comment.

The £10+ Million plus offer was to reiterate that Rotala has no desire to sell, everyone else gets it....... Winston
All I see, Winston, is that you want to close down discussion, and you seem to have succeeded. You even edit my post to make your own comment.

No, I want you to accept what Rotala's Chief Exec is telling you. When's it going to register??? There's nothing to discuss. Yes and I can also delete as well, Winston

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 29, 2014, 06:43:14 PM
It seems easier if I dont comment on anything other than direct questions in the future

Simon  May I wish you and all at  Diamond /Rotala  a happy and prosperous 2015, and may I say  in the 21 months  since diamond took over in Kidderminster how the reliability of the bus network  has improved by  90%   less buses missed out and more arrive on time. before anyone else says I am wrong , I am speaking from my own personal  experience. look forward to the larger vehicles arriving here, the only moan I have is since  the December timetable  changes, there being no bus between 9.50  and 10.40 where there used to be one at 9.40,10.14.10.40.   I been on the 10.40 twice since the changes, and would just like to say how pleasant and patient  your drivers where with everone    moaning at them because the 9.50 had not come, the first time the lady driver was pleasant and kept smiling , the second time  the young male driver had to leave a lady with a buggy and a second young there was no way it could have been fold or stored the spaces where taken up , and when we got futher round The route the bus got that full he could not take anymore people standing . and he stopped at every stop telling people he was sorry he could not take anymore as the bus would be overloaded  which I thought was decent of him, both the drivers where having a lot of verbal  abuse thrown at them . but  the where both very polite to everyone. one. I never moan at a driver because they might be the next bus on time. If I feel I want to complain I contact the customer car regards Cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

111 Roughley

Quote from: 111 Roughley on December 29, 2014, 07:11:24 PM
Simon
Regards, Andrew

Dear All,

Winston,

All I see, Winston, is that you want to close down discussion, and you seem to have succeeded. You even edit my post to make your own comment.

No, I want you to accept what Rotala's Chief Exec is telling you. When's it going to register??? There's nothing to discuss. Yes and I can also delete as well, Winston
There's no point in taking part in these discussions, if we cannot discuss legitimate topics.

Tony

Quote from: 111 Roughley on December 29, 2014, 07:39:38 PM
Quote from: 111 Roughley on December 29, 2014, 07:11:24 PM
Simon
Regards, Andrew

Dear All,

Winston,

There's no point in taking part in these discussions, if we cannot discuss legitimate topics.

We have had a long and meaningful discussion on it and the person who knows the answer had given a definitive answer, the same question doesn't need asking again

PM

Don't know how well the new 2 timetable is working/will work.

The 1210 from Exchange Street today, 20361, whilst perfectly on time and a well-presented MPD, we had a full seated load before even reaching Swan Centre where more boarded.

If the timetable has been slightly reduced, fair enough but larger buses are needed at certain times of the day or peak extras.

However, I saw at least one full size dart on the more lightly used 2L and 20849 on the 295.

Town services seem to have more MPDs on them than they had the last time I was over KR. I saw 20032 on the 3, full seated load coming in, MPDs on the 1 and 4A, fair enough, light loads on both.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 30, 2014, 07:59:30 PM

The 1210 from Exchange Street today, 20361, whilst perfectly on time and a well-presented MPD, we had a full seated load before even reaching Swan Centre where more boarded.

If the timetable has been slightly reduced, fair enough but larger buses are needed at certain times of the day or peak extras.

However, I saw at least one full size dart on the more lightly used 2L and 20849 on the 295.

Town services seem to have more MPDs on them than they had the last time I was over KR. I saw 20032 on the 3, full seated load coming in, MPDs on the 1 and 4A, fair enough, light loads on both.

Any pictures mate?

PM

Quote from: Will on December 30, 2014, 08:03:37 PM

Any pictures mate?

Nope, sorry.

Overall, Diamond have got a high standard of operation in terms of timekeeping, quality of driving and vehicles and I only saw 20849 not in blue. All vehicles were clean inside but those on country services looked pretty dirty on the outside but that's inevitable on those types of route at this time of the year.

To further improve though, I'd like to see more excess capacity for growth as the 2 should have a lot of potential with just the one operator serving a greater area. If not by increasing the frequency as with the 3's but by using slightly bigger buses.

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 30, 2014, 08:11:19 PM
Quote from: Will on December 30, 2014, 08:03:37 PM

Any pictures mate?

Nope, sorry.

Overall, Diamond have got a high standard of operation in terms of timekeeping, quality of driving and vehicles and I only saw 20849 not in blue. All vehicles were clean inside but those on country services looked pretty dirty on the outside but that's inevitable on those types of route at this time of the year.

To further improve though, I'd like to see more excess capacity for growth as the 2 should have a lot of potential with just the one operator serving a greater area. If not by increasing the frequency as with the 3's but by using slightly bigger buses.
the services around here have been running Saturday services until after new year and been school holidays that's proberley why it was so full unless last one was stuck in traffic as the Kidderminster to bewdley road is always extra busy in holidays they could do with putting it back to every30 min or even 20 mins. and as for the 4a from Monday when it gains part of the 7 should have a few more on
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

True!

The 7 seemed decently used from my observations, far more so than 4A so as you say, evening out the services makes sense.

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 30, 2014, 08:57:49 PM
True!

The 7 seemed decently used from my observations, far more so than 4A so as you say, evening out the services makes sense.
the bit of the 7 that is going on to the 4A  it will be better for the passangers  for that bit no longer going around parts of kiddeminster going away from there  it is a more direct route to Fairfield , the old 4/5 in first days used to go there this way it has only been since whittles took over the routes  it changed
apart from two early morning run
diamond 8\10/125/292

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk