News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Ced on December 28, 2014, 04:09:34 PM
Quote from: Will on December 28, 2014, 03:38:50 PM
Quote from: Ced on December 28, 2014, 03:28:50 PM
Quote from: Will on December 28, 2014, 02:58:46 PM
Quote from: Winston on December 28, 2014, 02:56:28 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on December 28, 2014, 02:53:09 PM
Quote from: Will on December 28, 2014, 02:49:02 PM
Not exactly Diamond related however my mate has heard that allegedly Diamond have said to Shropshire Council that they will operate the 125 commercialize without they're funding I don't know whether to believe it or not but if it is true that will certainly knacker Central Buses I know exactly why Diamond have done that it's because they are scared of Centrals presence in Kidderminster

Seems unlikely hearsay but we will see.

It wouldn't actually suprise me given Diamond's response to TGB 62 in RH & Iago's 145

Exactly Winston in anycase my mate has been told that on good authority
Will  does your mate work for diamond ? as he seams to know a lot of what is supposed to be going on. and some of it seams like stuff that he should not be disclosing  for competitors  to see

We all have people in the know Cedric!! They don't necessarily have to work for the company......
will one question jf your friend is so much in the know  where do they get there information from  ?   this is my last word on this   ,

It doesn't matter!

Cedric

Quote from: Will on December 28, 2014, 04:12:31 PM
Not exactly Diamond related however my mate has heard that allegedly Diamond have said to Shropshire Council that they will operate the 125 commercialize without they're funding I don't know whether to believe it or not but if it is true that will certainly knacker Central Buses I know exactly why Diamond have done that it's because they are scared of Centrals presence in Kidderminster

It wouldn't actually suprise me given Diamond's response to TGB 62 in RH & Iago's 145

Will  does your mate work for diamond ? as he seams to know a lot of what is supposed to be going on. and some of it seams like stuff that he should not be disclosing  for competitors  to see

We all have people in the know Cedric!! They don't necessarily have to work for the company......
will one question jf your friend is so much in the know  where do they get there information from  ?   this is my last word on this   ,

It doesn't matter!
? What  does not  matter  will
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Ced on December 28, 2014, 04:25:56 PM

It doesn't matter!

It doesn't matter where my information comes from

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on December 28, 2014, 04:28:30 PM

It doesn't matter!

It does because even Simon Dunn has commented in the past that some of it is complete rubbish. Some of the things you have posted in the past from 'your mate' have been wrong and misleading. You've been right a lot as well but I try to follow a policy of don't post unless you actually know.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on December 28, 2014, 05:18:19 PM
Quote from: Will on December 28, 2014, 04:28:30 PM

It doesn't matter!

It does because even Simon Dunn has commented in the past that some of it is complete rubbish. Some of the things you have posted in the past from 'your mate' have been wrong and misleading. You've been right a lot as well but I try to follow a policy of don't post unless you actually know.

I ain't getting into a slanging match because I really cba but believe what you wanna believe I know what I've been told!!!

Simon Dunn

Will

Like I have previously said, your information source and our supposed motivations are wrong

Everything is always for sale, and as a public company the whole company is in effect always for sale

However, Redditch and Kidderminster are very much in our plans.  We have recently changed the structure in Kidderminster to put in more focused overhead and should someone want to buy them both I can assure you the starting price would be north of £10 million, not £1.5 million

Rotala is very much in the acquisition mode, if you have read our PLC announcements you will see we have tens of millions for acquisitions.  Why therefore would we sell unless we received a ridiculous offer

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Tony on December 27, 2014, 08:51:55 AM
Quote from: Will on December 26, 2014, 10:29:09 PM
Quote from: Winston on December 26, 2014, 10:17:22 PM
Quote from: Will on December 26, 2014, 08:24:29 PM
Quote from: Winston on December 26, 2014, 08:16:57 PM
Quote from: Will on December 26, 2014, 07:03:13 PM
Quote from: LM 172 on December 26, 2014, 05:23:32 PM
Quote from: jc on December 26, 2014, 04:29:15 PM
30859 at Kidderminster today, sat next to 30516.

Yes I saw 30859 WX58FSC Wright Eclipse as we'll today and took some pictures :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/111243429@N03/16111883195/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/111243429@N03/15492206513/

I wouldn't look too much into it - it's probably in Kidderminster for MOT work I very much DOUBT it's moved to KR indef tbf I don't think Simon Dunn would be too pleased if he knew one of those had been transferred over...

Would it not be for the KR's 002 working on Sat?

Oh yes I never thought of that actually I've just had an epiphany perhaps it's going to be the assigned 192 bus??..

KR might get some B7RLE in about 2020, until then I wudn't  get too excited

Will Diamond/Rotala still exist by then?...

For someone who says he would like to work for them again you do post some strange comments on a forum the management read!
Tony

I couldn't have put it better myself

Simon

111 Roughley

If Simon Dunn denies that Diamond will be running a 125 against Central's 125, then fair enough. However I think it was reasonable speculation that they might. Is this the Diamond that a few months ago registered and ran a 62 two minutes earlier than Green Bus? Is this the Diamond that runs its 149 and 145A against igo's 145? If you know these routes, you would know that having competitive services on them is laughable. Moreover is this the Diamond which defeated the mighty First in Redditch? They didn't do it by pussyfooting around. Was Kidderminster's own 1 service capable of sustaining two operators? What was Diamond's motivation in doing all this? Central itself is very competitive and I can hardly think its arrival in Kidderminster is welcome to Diamond. Pleasing though Simon Dunn's appearance on this board is, we must not suspend our common sense.   

iamwilljh92

Quote from: 111 Roughley on December 29, 2014, 09:26:43 AM
If Simon Dunn denies that Diamond will be running a 125 against Central's 125, then fair enough. However I think it was reasonable speculation that they might. Is this the Diamond that a few months ago registered and ran a 62 two minutes earlier than Green Bus? Is this the Diamond that runs its 149 and 145A against igo's 145? If you know these routes, you would know that having competitive services on them is laughable. Moreover is this the Diamond which defeated the mighty First in Redditch? They didn't do it by pussyfooting around. Was Kidderminster's own 1 service capable of sustaining two operators? What was Diamond's motivation in doing all this? Central itself is very competitive and I can hardly think its arrival in Kidderminster is welcome to Diamond. Pleasing though Simon Dunn's appearance on this board is, we must not suspend our common sense.

I couldn't of put it better myself!

Cedric

Quote from: 111 Roughley on December 29, 2014, 09:26:43 AM
simple answer to your question about the no 1  is no and the same goes for the rest of Kidderminster services not enough work for two operators
the only operators that used too be hear  apart from BMMO , where whittles on the 125 (which they have operated for as long as I can remember in my 64 years) and a few market day services, and  a few small operators doing market day service whittles only started operating more bus  services in a larger way in the EYMS days . in my mind that started the whittles down fall
diamond 8\10/125/292

j789

Surely the problem with putting an estimation of £10+ mill on a business like Redditch and Kiddy is that who exactly would pay that for those areas? The only feasible purchaser would be a similar sized company to Rotala who would not be in a position to start competing routes and also it is hardly enticing territory. The bigger groups (particularly Arriva/Stagecoach) could set up an operation in Redditch and put buses on the 2/3 key routes for far less than £10 million. The withdrawal of West Midlands routes against NXWM (granted the 302 is an exception) suggests to me as well that Diamond are trying to keep them sweet so as to prevent them competing in Redditch as they have been interested in the past. This is my personal opinion and may be complete tosh but based on the known facts is at least a possible scenario!

pb2012

The 10+million there saying, if you want kiddy/redd thats what they'd have to pay for rotala to consider selling but there not going to sell hence the price quoted?

111 Roughley

When Simon Dunn mentioned £10m+, I admit I was surprised. Profitability must be pretty good. Even Kidderminster can't be so poor a bus area as some imply. I have in mind the £1.5m Diamond paid First just a couple of years ago. It's a little unfair to compare those figures because Diamond had the value of an existing business in Redditch. It also didn't buy many buses from First. Since then Whittles has withdrawn from the 3, the 1, the 2a/c, and virtually closed, and Diamond has gained the 7 and 192, all of which improve its position. Still, quite impressive in a couple of years, isn't it? At the current share price, Rotala is valued at about £21.5m. To buy it, someone would have to pay more. I've no idea what that figure would be, but it would be at least £25m. I expect the Directors would say more. Are Redditch and Kidderminster two-fifths of Rotala's activities? And the best bits? That is, £10m out of £25m? Of course, it's profitability, not size, that would determine its price and we don't know the profit make-up. I am just trying to see if the £10m+ is in the ballpark. As has been said, Redditch and Kidderminster are susceptible to someone choosing to compete. With the bigger groups that's also true, but they're not going to get competition in all their areas.

Cedric

Quote from: 111 Roughley on December 29, 2014, 02:54:20 PM
When Simon Dunn mentioned £10m+, I admit I was surprised. Profitability must be pretty good. Even Kidderminster can't be so poor a bus area as some imply. I have in mind the £1.5m Diamond paid First just a couple of years ago. It's a little unfair to compare those figures because Diamond had the value of an existing business in Redditch. It also didn't buy many buses from First. Since then Whittles has withdrawn from the 3, the 1, the 2a/c, and virtually closed, and Diamond has gained the 7 and 192, all of which improve its position. Still, quite impressive in a couple of years, isn't it? At the current share price, Rotala is valued at about £21.5m. To buy it, someone would have to pay more. I've no idea what that figure would be, but it would be at least £25m. I expect the Directors would say more. Are Redditch and Kidderminster two-fifths of Rotala's activities? And the best bits? That is, £10m out of £25m? Of course, it's profitability, not size, that would determine its price and we don't know the profit make-up. I am just trying to see if the £10m+ is in the ballpark. As has been said, Redditch and Kidderminster are susceptible to someone choosing to compete. With the bigger groups that's also true, but they're not going to get competition in all their areas.
Saturday is whittles last day of running bus services that's 7/15/125/192 which are there only ones left
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 111 Roughley on December 29, 2014, 02:54:20 PM

Dear All,

1.  I had hoped when qouting the figure it would prove our resolve in not wanting to selling the two depots. 

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk