News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

PD0001374/329 - DIAMOND BUS COMPANY LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW
    Variation Accepted: Operating between Kidderminster Town Hall and Kidderminster town Hall given service number 4A effective from 25-Nov-2014. To amend Route.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on October 08, 2014, 10:22:15 PM
I saw what looked like MW52 PZP in the depot round the back today. Could have just been 30500 though.

W906 JNF has left the VOR lineup once more, preumably for repaint unless its back in the garage.

The 3 has started becoming unreliable. At least two buses never turned up yesterday, one in the morning and one in the evening.

Sam, yes I can confirm it is indeed MW52 PZP not really surprising that's arrived here but tbh I think I would of preferred KU52 RYK because then we would have all of the ex-Yourbus long Darts in KD mindshew theres nothing to say it won't come down as yet because it could.

Futhermore in anycase W906 JNF has indeed departed for re-spray and will be back shortly.

Cedric

has the Kidderminster allocation increased, or just a lot of transfers
in the last two weeks only there are quite a few different buses here
and in black diamond livery and one in the white and red livery
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: Ced on October 24, 2014, 10:09:27 AM
has the Kidderminster allocation increased, or just a lot of transfers
in the last two weeks only there are quite a few different buses here
and in black diamond livery and one in the white and red livery

Diamond may be moving additional buses in to KR in preparation for the outcome of Whittle's fate being decided.

StourportSam

There has been a Heathrow liveried Solo at the back of the depot for a week or two now, along with several Diamond liveried buses. One registration number appears to end in JNF but the bus has a Plaxton Pointer body, will have a closer look if I get the chance.

30512 S377 TMB is indeed operating from Kidderminster, once again we have a Red and White dart.

30852 BU08 DBV has made a welcome change on the 3/X3 the previous two Sundays.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on October 29, 2014, 09:56:16 PM
There has been a Heathrow liveried Solo at the back of the depot for a week or two now, along with several Diamond liveried buses. One registration number appears to end in JNF but the bus has a Plaxton Pointer body, will have a closer look if I get the chance.

30512 S377 TMB is indeed operating from Kidderminster, once again we have a Red and White dart.

Sam,

I am told that there's more buses to come aswell! And that JNF Dart you mention the reg number is W936 JNF it is a former Stagecoach (SOUTH DOWNS) #33387

I have also been told by a close driver friend of mine that the Optare is going to be resprayed and enter service at some point!

And as for 30512 (S377 TMB) I saw it last for the first time last Thursday so it must of arrived early last week

I have been told the 2 ex-Stagecoach ALX Darts are being re-trimmed, re-sprayed and having work done to them and once completed they will enter service as 30202/30203 (V463 TVV and V464 TVV) respectively

I am unaware of whats happened with 30516 (W906 JNF) it hasn't re-appeared in Kidderminster so I'm not sure currently what the status is of it.

And finally as for MW52 PZP I reckon that was here for an MOT or routine work because I have not seen it in service here or even parked up behind the garage at Kidderminster for about 3-weeks so I assume it has returned to Redditch.

PM

Quote from: Will on October 29, 2014, 10:23:46 PM

Sam,

I am told that there's more buses to come aswell! And that JNF Dart you mention the reg number is W936 JNF it is a former Stagecoach (SOUTH DOWNS) #33387

I have also been told by a close driver friend of mine that the Optare is going to be resprayed and enter service at some point!

And as for 30512 (S377 TMB) I saw it last for the first time last Thursday so it must of arrived early last week

I have been told the 2 ex-Stagecoach ALX Darts are being re-trimmed, re-sprayed and having work done to them and once completed they will enter service as 30202/30203 (V463 TVV and V464 TVV) respectively

I am unaware of whats happened with 30516 (W906 JNF) it hasn't re-appeared in Kidderminster so I'm not sure currently what the status is of it.

And finally as for MW52 PZP I reckon that was here for an MOT or routine work because I have not seen it in service here or even parked up behind the garage at Kidderminster for about 3-weeks so I assume it has returned to Redditch.

Another MPD?! When there are withdrawn ones parked up at RH and LAC?!

I think 30516 is away for repaint Will as I know it was at LAC with patched up panels a couple of weeks back

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 29, 2014, 10:59:29 PM

Sam,

I think 30516 is away for repaint Will as I know it was at LAC with patched up panels a couple of weeks back

Haven't Rotala got enough MPD's in their existing fleet without the need to buy more externally particularly W-reg??? Lucky old KR.....

Here's W906JNF at Long Acre on 18th Oct
https://www.flickr.com/photos/115199517@N06/15559851321/

30202/30203 have since being re-numbered 31083/4 - here's 31084 at Long Acre under final prep
https://www.flickr.com/photos/115199517@N06/15376920860/

What happened to KR being standardized on Darts? The Solo might be 20818 as 20815 is allover white

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on October 29, 2014, 11:09:49 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on October 29, 2014, 10:59:29 PM

Sam,

Haven't Rotala got enough MPD's in their existing fleet without the need to buy more externally particularly W-reg??? Lucky old KR.....

Here's W906JNF at Long Acre on 18th Oct
https://www.flickr.com/photos/115199517@N06/15559851321/

What happened to KR being standardized on Darts? The Solo might be 20818 as 20815 is allover white
could be something to do with  a whittles route  it is one that is just 2  runs a day  some of it is down country lanes  a solo  or a mpd would be ok  on ,  I may be wrong . but it does not look as if a buyer has been found yet
diamond 8\10/125/292

D10

Quote from: Will on August 15, 2014, 10:08:43 AM
Quote from: StourportSam on August 15, 2014, 10:04:34 AM
Just caught a glimpse of a Solo in the yard, just a glance but could have been MX09 HJG.

It will probably only be here temporarily while W904 JNF is out of use

No sign of W904 JNF coming back into use, saw it parked up at Long Acre today.

B61 ANDREW

A quick check on Busview shows that W936JNF is/was a Minstral demonstrator/loan/hire vehicle and has worked for a variety of operators in its time.  And also, not seen by me in it's 14 year existence.  ;D

winston

Quote from: D10 on October 30, 2014, 09:19:07 PM
Quote from: Will on August 15, 2014, 10:08:43 AM
Quote from: StourportSam on August 15, 2014, 10:04:34 AM
Just caught a glimpse of a Solo in the yard, just a glance but could have been MX09 HJG.

It will probably only be here temporarily while W904 JNF is out of use

No sign of W904 JNF coming back into use, saw it parked up at Long Acre today.

Doubt it will, it's been parked up with the scrappers for the past two months.

StourportSam

Just to confirm what others have said, I caught two Diamond buses yesterday and both were driven by former Whittle drivers who must have moved very recently.

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on November 01, 2014, 11:52:32 AM
Just to confirm what others have said, I caught two Diamond buses yesterday and both were driven by former Whittle drivers who must have moved very recently.
rekcon  there could be more soon , and those that went from diamond to whittles recently will be  coming back to diamond,
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: Ced on November 01, 2014, 12:13:13 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on November 01, 2014, 11:52:32 AM
rekcon  there could be more soon , and those that went from diamond to whittles recently will be  coming back to diamond,

Diamond KR must currently be over staffed at present, unless they didn't have enough drivers previously

Surprised it's still so quiet on the proposed Whittle's sale or closure.

Have their been any further additions to KR's allocation the past week? Other than 30512 S377TMB?

Was W936JNF already repainted allover blue?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk