News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on May 02, 2014, 08:13:35 PM
Kidderminster Update

Today VX54 MUC (Still in Barbie), KU52 RYN and LG02 FFE were noted inside the bays having work done. All looked routine, I presume VX54 MUC is being prepared for repainting as it has been in the garage for some time.

T71 JBA has been moved next to S378 TMB, which is being stripped for spares.

S405 JUA had an engineer working on it from a van today and is indeed VOR, although was noted in service at least as recent as 29/04/14 by me, and others as reported elsewhere.

Three new stored buses have arrived, making the total up to 13 at Kidderminster. They were:
T445 EBD (Black Diamond)
Royal Bath MPD (Unidentifiable but presumed to be one of V653/656/660 HEC) Lots of parts, seat bits, etc.  inside.
'The Eightes' livered Green and Cream Wessex Connect ALX200 Short. Had Stagecoach seats so I believe it is Y254 KNB. Looked to be in good condition so unsure why it is here?

VX54 MUP was parked up in the depot when I visited but all other Kidderminster allocated vehicles were in use today.

What time was you there mate?

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on May 02, 2014, 08:21:09 PM
Kidderminster Update

Today VX54 MUC (Still in Barbie), KU52 RYN and LG02 FFE were noted inside the bays having work done. All looked routine, I presume VX54 MUC is being prepared for repainting as it has been in the garage for some time.

S405 JUA had an engineer working on it from a van today and is indeed VOR, although was noted in service at least as recent as 29/04/14 by me, and others as reported elsewhere.

Three new stored buses have arrived, making the total up to 13 at Kidderminster. They were:
T445 EBD (Black Diamond)
Royal Bath MPD (Unidentifiable but presumed to be one of V653/656/660 HEC) Lots of parts, seat bits, etc.  inside.
'The Eightes' livered Green and Cream Wessex Connect ALX200 Short. Had Stagecoach seats so I believe it is Y254 KNB. Looked to be in good condition so unsure why it is here?

VX54 MUP was parked up in the depot when I visited but all other Kidderminster allocated vehicles were in use today.

Roughly between 1755 and 1805!

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on May 02, 2014, 08:31:13 PM
Kidderminster Update

T445 EBD (Black Diamond)

Surprised you didn't see me as I was around there then

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on May 02, 2014, 08:34:26 PM
Kidderminster Update

T445 EBD (Black Diamond)

No, there was no-one else staring at buses!

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on May 02, 2014, 08:40:39 PM
Quote from: Will on May 02, 2014, 08:34:26 PM
Kidderminster Update

T445 EBD (Black Diamond)

No, there was no-one else staring at buses!

lol which side were you by Asda? or by the coumcil yard

PM

It will be Y254KNB indeed ex Wessex, still in Eighties livery. Previously at Tividale, along with 20656 which was also at Tividale, in Royal Bath livery. In answer to Sam's question, there are already enough small vehicles so no need for 20254 to re-enter service.

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 02, 2014, 10:56:19 PM
It will be Y254KNB indeed ex Wessex, still in Eighties livery. Previously at Tividale, along with 20656 which was also at Tividale, in Royal Bath livery. In answer to Sam's question, there are already enough small vehicles so no need for 20254 to re-enter service.

I agree there are too many small vehicles but, dependent on the work required to make it serviceable, 20254 looks much nicer for a passenger than, for example, 20654.

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on May 02, 2014, 11:00:50 PM

I agree there are too many small vehicles but, dependent on the work required to make it serviceable, 20254 looks much nicer for a passenger than, for example, 20654.

I'd have to disagree there. The MPD shows a lot more thought in terms of interior layout than the mini alx200's. If you've sat at the back, over the rear axle there is a massive "box" for the wheels and the steps to the back of the bus are steeper than on a pointer. Back is also very poorly laid out and the front seems to have more handrails than seats.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: StourportSam on May 02, 2014, 11:00:50 PM

11 MPDs all together Sam but with JBA being out of use this brings the total to 10.

14 full size Darts all together but with S405 JUA being pulled from service (yet again god I could curse Diamond!!) and MUC also being off road that brings the total to 12.

iamwilljh92

Contrary to what I wrote last night about S405 JUA it would occur to me that the VOR was only for yesterday as it was this afternoon parked up on the front row where they all line up of an evening so it would occur to me that it will be back on runs from Tuesday (unless there are buses on Monday I haven't a clue) but yes as far as I am aware it is not off road again and in my opinion nor should it be.

nitromatt1

Quote from: Will on May 03, 2014, 04:57:09 PM
Contrary to what I wrote last night about S405 JUA it would occur to me that the VOR was only for yesterday and was this afternoon parked up in on the front row where they all line up of an evening so it would occur to me that it will be back on runs from Tuesday (unless there are buses on Monday I haven't a clue) but yes as far as I am aware it is not off road again and in my opinion nor should it be

I think it'll be Sunday service on Monday.

Cedric

Quote from: Matt on May 03, 2014, 05:03:55 PM
Contrary to what I wrote last night about S405 JUA it would occur to me that the VOR was only for yesterday and was this afternoon parked up in on the front row where they all line up of an evening so it would occur to me that it will be back on runs from Tuesday (unless there are buses on Monday I haven't a clue) but yes as far as I am aware it is not off road again and in my opinion nor should it be

I think it'll be Sunday service on Monday.
Matt it is sunday service Monday and  that means Kidderminster is shut as Redditch runs the 3/x3 on sunday  (or did do)
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Contrary to what I wrote last night about S405 JUA it would occur to me that the VOR was only for yesterday as it was this afternoon parked up on the front row where they all line up of an evening so it would occur to me that it will be back on runs from Tuesday (unless there are buses on Monday I haven't a clue) but yes as far as I am aware it is not off road again and in my opinion nor should it be.

S405 JUA was on the 10 this morning (Sat 03 May).

Cedric

something  I just thought of  with the 10 timetable being amend ,  wonder if the 2 will  be the next one to be announce as the majority of the
day the 10 is linked with the 2. (  after a vehicle has done a 10 it  does a 2  for those who do not know the area) 
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Kidderminster Update

Had a look around the depot today (from behind the perimeter fence).
There was no sign of T418 MNH. It could well be inside one of the bays, I will report back if I see it.
Apart from 30930 and 30445, all service buses at Kidderminster are now in standard Diamond Blue livery.

S405 JUA is, as reported by Will, parked up with the buses ready for service.

FJ08 Enviro 300 and PO54 NNM made a welcome appearance on the 3/X3 yesterday and today respectively, last Sunday was even KX08 HMZ. Makes a welcome change from the recent stream of Streetlites.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk