News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

What is the pvr of the Kidderminster depot

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

The 3's are being increased in frequency to provide a 10 min combined frequency with the hourly X3 from 2nd June

Diamond's new 1 service operates 11 mins in-front of Whittle's 1 on the same 40 min frequency

http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/WorcestershireServiceChanges_220.html

PM

Quote from: Winston on April 28, 2014, 08:31:22 PM
The 3's are being increased in frequency to provide a 10 min combined frequency with the hourly X3 from 2nd June

Diamond's new 1 service operates 11 mins in-front of Whittle's 1 on the same 40 min frequency

Good news on both counts then!! Is there also roon for diamond to have a go on the 2A/C as MRW ran both the 2 and 2A/C?

Cedric

Diamond service 1 is running  a different route to whittles  it is going from Kidderminster-Stourport rd -Rifle Range- general hospital- swan centre-Kidderminster . and  the 3 is going to be running in a loop from stourport to arley kings
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 28, 2014, 08:53:57 PM

Good news on both counts then!! Is there also roon for diamond to have a go on the 2A/C as MRW ran both the 2 and 2A/C?
when MRW ran on the 2/2A/2C they where different routes to what they are now  and there was also a 2B as well the difference where was
at the bark hill, hales park and Queensway areas . the 2  then was  really what is the 2A now but ran to both hales park and  bark hill  ,  can not remember the exact routes of the 2a/2b/2c but I know 2 of them ran round the Queensway   think 2c  did run around crossley park for a time, but it did be come a early evening service via habberley  different route to how the 2 does it now. 
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: bowler on April 28, 2014, 10:07:11 PM

Diamond service 1 is running  a different route to whittles  it is going from Kidderminster-Stourport rd -Rifle Range- general hospital- swan centre-Kidderminster . and  the 3 is going to be running in a loop from stourport to arley kings

Thanks Bowler, I'm not that familiar with Kidderminster so never clocked it

StourportSam

Be warned Diamond, with the best will in the world a higher frequency on the 3 WILL NOT WORK. First tried the same thing back in 2011/12 (after losing the contract for evening buses they had to do something with the spare drivers) and it failed miserably with 2, 3 and even 4 buses at one point bunching up and running round the route together. And that was only a 12 minute frequency. The timetable looks ill-planned in terms of the impact of traffic and there will be a lot of waiting time in places. Good luck keeping passengers from Whittle on the Walshes as they will be waiting for the bus to come the other way! People will also miss the bus on a Sunday for some time on the Walshes as it will be running 10 mins earlier in the opposite direction! However I think the route change in Areley Kings is long needed to save doubling back on yourself and wasting valuable time as currently. Whilst I welcome the (15 mins) later bus from Kidderminster M-F at 2005 I think Diamond would be better off spending the money you are on 3 additional buses during the day on 1 extra bus in the evening to provide trips back from Kidderminster at 2105, 2205 and 2305. In summary, I wish Diamond the best in trying to improve the 3, the morning and evening peak service looks much, much improved but I really feel a ten minute off-peak frequency will be a waste and money would be better spent on evening services which would encourage more people to travel, paying people.

I think the route for the 1 is very sensible traffic-wise and will work well. Whittle's service looks unlikely to survive sadly. Hopefully Diamond can make some success of the 1.

I think it is safe to say Diamond are determined to see Whittle off the 1 and 3. Hopefully it will be more of a success than, ahem, Worcester.

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on April 28, 2014, 11:47:13 PM

Be warned Diamond, with the best will in the world a higher frequency on the 3 WILL NOT WORK. First tried the same thing back in 2011/12 (after losing the contract for evening buses they had to do something with the spare drivers) and it failed miserably with 2, 3 and even 4 buses at one point bunching up and running round the route together. And that was only a 12 minute frequency. The timetable looks ill-planned in terms of the impact of traffic and there will be a lot of waiting time in places. Good luck keeping passengers from Whittle on the Walshes as they will be waiting for the bus to come the other way! People will also miss the bus on a Sunday for some time on the Walshes as it will be running 10 mins earlier in the opposite direction! However I think the route change in Areley Kings is long needed to save doubling back on yourself and wasting valuable time as currently. Whilst I welcome the (15 mins) later bus from Kidderminster M-F at 2005 I think Diamond would be better off spending the money you are on 3 additional buses during the day on 1 extra bus in the evening to provide trips back from Kidderminster at 2105, 2205 and 2305. In summary, I wish Diamond the best in trying to improve the 3, the morning and evening peak service looks much, much improved but I really feel a ten minute off-peak frequency will be a waste and money would be better spent on evening services which would encourage more people to travel, paying people.

I think the route for the 1 is very sensible traffic-wise and will work well. Whittle's service looks unlikely to survive sadly. Hopefully Diamond can make some success of the 1.

I think it is safe to say Diamond are determined to see Whittle off the 1 and 3. Hopefully it will be more of a success than, ahem, Worcester.

Comparing timetables for the 3 it seems a big improvement for me. Whittles do not do as well on the 3 as diamond from my observations though I think a bargain return on the 3 and 1 and also 2 could also help start the fight back against the market share first gave over  to Whittles. I still think copycatting Whittles versions of the 2 could be a good call...

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 28, 2014, 11:52:15 PM

Comparing timetables for the 3 it seems a big improvement for me. Whittles do not do as well on the 3 as diamond from my observations though I think a bargain return on the 3 and 1 and also 2 could also help start the fight back against the market share first gave over  to Whittles. I still think copycatting Whittles versions of the 2 could be a good call...

Whittle aren't helping their cause by using MPDs on the 3 (although I notice Diamond had one on there too today). I think the MPDs should be kept on the 1, 7/580 & 15 keeping the 3 full size buses only

PM

Quote from: Matt on April 29, 2014, 12:02:53 AM

Whittle aren't helping their cause by using MPDs on the 3 (although I notice Diamond had one on there too today). I think the MPDs should be kept on the 1, 7/580 & 15 keeping the 3 full size buses only

I am really surprised they are still using MPDs and not competing on quality with the alx300's. Tbf when the frequency is every 10 mins diamond could probably get away with MPDs.

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 29, 2014, 08:06:31 AM
Quote from: Matt on April 29, 2014, 12:02:53 AM

I am really surprised they are still using MPDs and not competing on quality with the alx300's. Tbf when the frequency is every 10 mins diamond could probably get away with MPDs.
diamond are  altering there route slightly   so  will be interesting to see how things go   it is going to be in a loop from Stourport to areley kings and back to stourport then as now
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

PD0001374/301 - DIAMOND BUS COMPANY LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Variation Accepted: Operating between Kidderminster Town Hall and Kidderminster Town Hall given service number 10 effective from 23-Jun-2014. To amend Timetable.

PM

Quote from: Winston on May 02, 2014, 12:30:10 PM
PD0001374/301 - DIAMOND BUS COMPANY LTD, HALLBRIDGE WAY, TIPTON ROAD, TIVIDALE, WARLEY, B69 3HW

Variation Accepted: Operating between Kidderminster Town Hall and Kidderminster Town Hall given service number 10 effective from 23-Jun-2014. To amend Timetable.

More review changes coming then!  :)

the trainbasher

I've heard rumours that kiddy may be doing dead runs to Stourbirdge soon.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk