News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

What gets me with this interworking is, I understand why they do it, but why do it with routes that serve different areas completely like the X51 & 997?

I'd say use routes that run fairly close together, but, given my past experiences with the Dudley to Walsall corridor, it doesn't always work!

Busboy105

Quote from: Westy on December 08, 2019, 08:49:18 PM
What gets me with this interworking is, I understand why they do it, but why do it with routes that serve different areas completely like the X51 & 997?

I'd say use routes that run fairly close together, but, given my past experiences with the Dudley to Walsall corridor, it doesn't always work!
Probably because they operate from the same garage. That's the only logical explanation why they inter work.

Crosville

Quote from: Busboy105 on December 08, 2019, 10:58:12 PM
Probably because they operate from the same garage. That's the only logical explanation why they inter work.

Plus being same frequencies helps, & short 997Es would be some distance from Walsall depot to make driver changes, so assume NXWM think it's more cost effective by interworking the routes 997/997E with X51, same in my area Arriva Birkenhead depot interwork most of the cross river routes to save on driver changes from distant location, as the routes they interwork pass the depot.

PB2938

997/X51 interworking was introduced because of long driving times on 997.

When the 997 revisions in June  2013 was introduced a driver would do a 5hr plus round trip. The trip was

997 Walsall to Birmingham
997E to Pheasey
997 to Birmingham
997E to Pheasey
997 to Birmingham
997 to Walsall

Basic daytime round trip of 5hr. Peak hour could extend to 05h30. In 2015 997 began  interworking with X51 to reduce driving time. The only long interworking now is 934 937 loop a round trip of 4hrs.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Jack

Quote from: PB2938 on December 09, 2019, 07:36:15 PM
997/X51 interworking was introduced because of long driving times on 997.

When the 997 revisions in June  2013 was introduced a driver would do a 5hr plus round trip. The trip was

997 Walsall to Birmingham
997E to Pheasey
997 to Birmingham
997E to Pheasey
997 to Birmingham
997 to Walsall

Basic daytime round trip of 5hr. Peak hour could extend to 05h30. In 2015 997 began  interworking with X51 to reduce driving time. The only long interworking now is 934 937 loop a round trip of 4hrs.
The 997 and X51 started interworking in late 2014, which was when they debrandded the 997's E400's and X51's Gemini's.

University routes seem to be very unreliable this evenining.
6888 was at University, 50 minutes late on an X21 to Woodcock Hill at around 17:20. Also had to leave passengers behind in the City Centre as it got too full.

Also had a 30 minute wait for these routes towards the City Centre, the driver who turned up on 6949 at 17:50 at University, kept sounding the horn and shouting that the bus was too full and there's no room for anyone else to get on. He was also claiming that its a frequent service and there are more buses behind him, though from what I can see there wasn't.
Ended up leaving loads of people behind.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Haha the joys of the university routes. Caught x22 from university to Bartley green. 7515 ended up 33 minutes late by the time we got to field lane. I do feel sorry for the drivers ngl. The whole route is practically a car park constantly in the evening.

Mike K

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 10, 2019, 07:48:24 PM
Haha the joys of the university routes. Caught x22 from university to Bartley green. 7515 ended up 33 minutes late by the time we got to field lane. I do feel sorry for the drivers ngl. The whole route is practically a car park constantly in the evening.

For anyone travelling between the city and Bartley Green they would honestly be better off catching the 23 than the X22. With all the diversions in place the 23 isn't running well right now but buses are generally running between around 5 and 15 minutes late, rather than the ridiculously late running on the Uni routes. Plus it's far more frequent. I feel for people living along the likes of Quinton Road, Jiggins Lane and in Kitwell, having you rely on the X22.

MasterPlan

Quote from: 2206 on December 10, 2019, 07:05:04 PM
University routes seem to be very unreliable this evenining.
6888 was at University, 50 minutes late on an X21 to Woodcock Hill at around 17:20. Also had to leave passengers behind in the City Centre as it got too full.

Also had a 30 minute wait for these routes towards the City Centre, the driver who turned up on 6949 at 17:50 at University, kept sounding the horn and shouting that the bus was too full and there's no room for anyone else to get on. He was also claiming that its a frequent service and there are more buses behind him, though from what I can see there wasn't.
Ended up leaving loads of people behind.

I was on the one behind 6888, which was running near enough empty. At least that may explain why. It's very common though. I don't know what happens to that 16:38 X21 departure from City but it is always late running even before it gets into Priory Queensway coming off whatever it changes from.

Safe to say though that the general reliability of these routes is quite appalling at the moment.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Trident 4194

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 10, 2019, 08:12:21 PM
I was on the one behind 6888, which was running near enough empty. At least that may explain why. It's very common though. I don't know what happens to that 16:38 X21 departure from City but it is always late running even before it gets into Priory Queensway coming off whatever it changes from.

Safe to say though that the general reliability of these routes is quite appalling at the moment.

They have no time is the problem. Stand on priory Queensway the board saying due and it's not even in sight getting up. Then you've got another 2 minutes+ whilst those awful lights change at the bottom to let them up. Then going back down you got another 2+ minutes at the lights. And they seem to change drivers in peak rush hour too, 4pm ish

Jack D

Couldnt 61/63/X20/X21/X22 go up carrs lane to avoid the traffic lights on way in 3rd exit at old sqaure to come onto priory queensway???

Tony

Quote from: Jack D on December 10, 2019, 08:25:51 PM
Couldnt 61/63/X20/X21/X22 go up carrs lane to avoid the traffic lights on way in 3rd exit at old sqaure to come onto priory queensway???

So have to stop at the traffic lights at the top of Carrs Lane, stop at the traffic lights at the top of Upper Bull Street, then have to squeeze past the Harbornes & Suttons which quite often delays the 51s etc going out?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on December 10, 2019, 08:37:25 PM
So have to stop at the traffic lights at the top of Carrs Lane, stop at the traffic lights at the top of Upper Bull Street, then have to squeeze past the Harbornes & Suttons which quite often delays the 51s etc going out?

Is there anything you can do with those lights? Have them on faster sequence?? They seem to take forever? Why do the x1/x2 services also do that thing where they go to go left and then swerve round the traffic lights continuing on?

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 10, 2019, 08:49:14 PM
Why do the x1/x2 services also do that thing where they go to go left and then swerve round the traffic lights continuing on?

It's called a bus gate. That is the proper route

MW

Quote from: Tony on December 10, 2019, 09:31:02 PM
It's called a bus gate. That is the proper route

Damn is that a bus gate? I've always done that in my car lol. Quicker than waiting in the traffic with the rest pmsl.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk