News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Them lights are really annoying for the 16 particularly heading towards the markets as when you finally get through on green you often get caught at the next set also (unless your Diamond who sometimes like to run red lights lol)

MasterPlan

City Centre is gridlocked this evening. There'll be lots of late running services everywhere. Seen 4 number 7s in and around City just.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on December 12, 2019, 05:56:53 PM
City Centre is gridlocked this evening. There'll be lots of late running services everywhere. Seen 4 number 7s in and around City just.

The 3 I got home this evening (1913) was 37 minutes late according to the POS screen as I got off. Got on at about 18:10 and foolishly assumed it was the 18:00 journey ten minutes late.  ::)

Eased my annoyance somewhat as another 3 (4382) had gone straight past me just a couple of minutes earlier, though it didn't look that full.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

John

Took me nearly 45 minutes to get down the Expressway into City

Michael Bevan

I heard over a radio call that it was due to a broken down Arriva bus at the Children's Hospital. I think it was 4600 by the looks of it...But literally everything was stuck around Old Square etc for 20 minutes...

MasterPlan

Quote from: Michael Bevan on December 13, 2019, 09:11:35 AM
I heard over a radio call that it was due to a broken down Arriva bus at the Children's Hospital. I think it was 4600 by the looks of it...But literally everything was stuck around Old Square etc for 20 minutes...

Constitution Hill was the same. I just got off the 16 and walked.

6839 was operating 30 minutes late on the 10H today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sh4318

Yesterday around 2pm, 6109 & 6941 were following each other on the 12 to Dudley, on Warley Road
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

MasterPlan

Not sure what's caused it this time but Priory Queensway and Old Square have become gridlocked again.

The Pagoda Island was like a car park at half 2 this afternoon nothing moved for a good 5 minutes as every exit was blocked. I was on an 80 and had to run dead back to WB to avoid being RTA'd.

fleetline6477

Quote from: WB Driver on December 19, 2019, 06:27:13 PM
The Pagoda Island was like a car park at half 2 this afternoon nothing moved for a good 5 minutes as every exit was blocked. I was on an 80 and had to run dead back to WB to avoid being RTA'd.

RTA'd, can you please explain what this term means. Assume something to do with being out of hours.

Solo1

Think it's rta running time allowed u do so many hours before you have to have break which is legaled required 

MW

As a bus driver, you can drive no more than 5hr30 without a 30 min break (sometimes 45 mins, depending on other stuff)

If it's approaching 5 hours and he's still in City, it leaves him 30 mins to get back to his relief point. (West Bromwich presumably). He has to run dead to make it.

If it gets to 5hr 30, and he's still in City, his depot will have to send someone over to a) pick him up and b) pick the bus up. He then must have his break (which must be an actual break with access to toilets/food, and not just on the journey back to depot by his colleague); something which NX tried to put onto me to which I put my middle finger up to them.

metrocity

Quote from: MW on December 19, 2019, 11:57:17 PM
As a bus driver, you can drive no more than 5hr30 without a 30 min break (sometimes 45 mins, depending on other stuff)

If it's approaching 5 hours and he's still in City, it leaves him 30 mins to get back to his relief point. (West Bromwich presumably). He has to run dead to make it.

If it gets to 5hr 30, and he's still in City, his depot will have to send someone over to a) pick him up and b) pick the bus up. He then must have his break (which must be an actual break with access to toilets/food, and not just on the journey back to depot by his colleague); something which NX tried to put onto me to which I put my middle finger up to them.

Not correct

MW

Quote from: metrocity on December 20, 2019, 06:54:56 AM
Not correct

So correct me then. What use is your post to anyone if all you say is Not correct.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk