News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2019, 09:50:03 AM
They struggled with the 36 because they drove safely and to the speed limits and didn't just miss random bits out off their own free will like Igo were doing
Whenever I see the 36 come down Millhouse Road towards Heartlands Hospital, drivers usually go pretty fast if the road is clear. And I always wonder what would happen if a car pulls in late in front of the bus.

Wumpty

Quote from: Busboy105 on November 07, 2019, 12:20:11 PM
Whenever I see the 36 come down Millhouse Road towards Heartlands Hospital, drivers usually go pretty fast if the road is clear. And I always wonder what would happen if a car pulls in late in front of the bus.

When you say "pretty fast" what do you estimate the speed to be? Give there's speed humps along this section, I doubt a bus would achieve a great turn of speed - I'm sure if any of the NXWM drivers were driving other than in accordance with the prescribed limits then their Trafficlog reports would alert their depot management and a subsequent discussion would ensue.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Busboy105

Quote from: Wumpty on November 07, 2019, 12:24:27 PM
When you say "pretty fast" what do you estimate the speed to be? Give there's speed humps along this section, I doubt a bus would achieve a great turn of speed - I'm sure if any of the NXWM drivers were driving other than in accordance with the prescribed limits then their Trafficlog reports would alert their depot management and a subsequent discussion would ensue.
20-25 maybe? Some drivers go pretty fast but not too fast.

Solo1

If the 36 is struggling with the time how come network west Midlands didn't change the times to every hour

Kevin

Waiting in Lyndon to ride the 32 to Shirley
11:30 complete no show, 12:30 also as at 12:45 when I gave up and caught the 58 instead

And then attempting the 10H, it came through Ladywood 45 late at 15:28 towards QE and didn't even stop for me. Now there's one sure fire way to make sure a route is withdrawn, don't bother picking up passengers so the numbers show no one uses it
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

Quote from: Kevin on November 08, 2019, 12:43:52 PM
Waiting in Lyndon to ride the 32 to Shirley
11:30 complete no show, 12:30 also as at 12:45 when I gave up and caught the 58 instead

And then attempting the 10H, it came through Ladywood 45 late at 15:28 towards QE and didn't even stop for me. Now there's one sure fire way to make sure a route is withdrawn, don't bother picking up passengers so the numbers show no one uses it

Disgraceful. Don't remember Igo having such problems when they ran the proper 10H. Funny how seniors of the forum ignore comments like this, yet there quick enough to critique any other time.

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 08, 2019, 09:25:34 PM
Disgraceful. Don't remember Igo having such problems when they ran the proper 10H. Funny how seniors of the forum ignore comments like this, yet there quick enough to critique any other time.

Difficult to check what's going non when I am driving a bus down the My for 10 hours. How many days did you monitor the I go 10H to know they didn't have problems?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on November 08, 2019, 09:56:17 PM

Difficult to check what's going non when I am driving a bus down the My for 10 hours. How many days did you monitor the I go 10H to know they didn't have problems?

I used to travel on it pretty much everyday from QE to harborne, and it was only ever 5 minutes late

CBBUser

The X12 city bound through Castle Brom around 7:45pm was missing, leaving a 90 min gap in service

Trident 4194

Never have I encountered such awful traffic as on the x22 too Woodgate this evening. Queuing all up the Quinton road, and then ended up queuing all the way up to the island near the ASDA. Ended up taking 30 mins from university to field lane.

MasterPlan

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 12, 2019, 07:14:55 PM
Never have I encountered such awful traffic as on the x22 too Woodgate this evening. Queuing all up the Quinton road, and then ended up queuing all the way up to the island near the ASDA. Ended up taking 30 mins from university to field lane.

Nothing new for the Quinton Road / Northfield Road really. Used to get quite bad from what I remember with the 22/23/29 getting stuck in it.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Mike K

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 12, 2019, 07:14:55 PM

At least it's limited stop  :D

Stu

2 and 3 have been in a right mess the last couple of days, not helped by four-way control temporary traffic lights being installed AGAIN at the Swanshurst Lane / Yardley Wood Road island. They were only supposed to be there until yesterday (13th) while Severn Trent carried out repairs, which were reported as 'complete' on the 12th, yet they were still up and in operation this evening. To make matters worse, ANOTHER set of temporary traffic lights have now appeared on Yardley Wood Road, just up from the entrance to Moseley Bog.

The 3 I got on this morning at 7:55am was already 23 minutes late, while the 3 I got home this evening - which I assumed was six minutes late when I got on in Sparkbrook - was showing as 26 minutes late when I got off in Billesley.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

5 11A in a row, within 5 mins between first and last. Service is awful!

Kevin

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 19, 2019, 08:58:12 AM
5 11A in a row, within 5 mins between first and last. Service is awful!

A bus route that crosses every single major trunk route into Birmingham at rush hour being late?
Never...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk