News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sayeed

Век живи - век учись

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Sayeed on December 11, 2014, 02:57:50 AM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 10, 2014, 07:31:50 PM
The 99 has totally collapsed this evening.
How bad was it?

40-60mins late, I think the whole PVR was running close together at one point. I witnessed 4 together to Halesowen in a short space of time. And then one broke down on the diversion route, never noticed any obvious defects, it was causing major traffic at Metchley Lane
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

5402 and 2062 running together through Wednesfield on WN59. Something you don't often see on a Sunday.....

Trident 4609

Gridlock on Pipers Row (Wolverhampton) was causing problems for services departing the bus station. Several 59's/69's/89's were taking 10-15 mins to get round the City Centre loop instead of the usual 5 minutes. Several buses on the 2 and 126 were sent via Ring Rd, Broad St, Princess Square then back onto Lichfield St to avoid the congestion.

John

I've now experienced how bad the roadworks on the 28 route are seriously screwing the service up. All of the lanes were open but the traffic was horrendous. Was supposed to take over at 4.32pm, it never came till nearly 5.45pm, all other drivers I spoke to were at least an hour late. Started off Scott Arms bound, left there 1 hour 5 minutes late, then the traffic was gridlock from before the Bagot island, all the way down to the M6 bridge. By that point, there was 4 of us nearly together. Got to Heartlands again over an hour late, with the other 3 buses (there might have even been 4 others by then), with 2 Small Heath bound buses running together. Luckily I ran dead to garage from Heartlands instead of in service to Dyas Rd. Still over 20 minutes late finishing, but better than well over an hour

Liberator9

Sounds like a nightmare John - can't be fun waiting pretty much 1 hour 15 mins for your duty bus. Must be rather tedious sitting in gridlock as well. You'd think they would not be attempting roadworks in what is coming into the busiest time of the year - how long are the roadworks going to last for?

John

Quote from: Liberator9 on December 17, 2014, 08:51:26 PM
Sounds like a nightmare John - can't be fun waiting pretty much 1 hour 15 mins for your duty bus. Must be rather tedious sitting in gridlock as well. You'd think they would not be attempting roadworks in what is coming into the busiest time of the year - how long are the roadworks going to last for?

It was a nightmare. More-so for the drivers on the 28 rota though having to put up with it 5 days a week. I'm glad I only had to suffer it for one trip. I should have been on the 66 with another driver, but was asked to do this trip instead

They have been on since around June, and are should be on till at least next Summer I think. The last time I done the 28 before today ( good few months since), it wasn't that bad. Even in the daytime, I was hearing drivers were still finishing around 45 minutes late. Luckily I didn't have to come back in service that way, but the Chester Road didn't look too bad heading back towards Erdington

Kevin

Man they really need to sort the 28 out in general, I get it towards work occasionally (65 from short heath instead of from town, I like the change of scenery sometimes) in the morning but anything from afternoon school rush onwards I wouldn't touch the service with a barge pole, so unreliable.
I remember it tried it once home from Erdington and waited 45 mins for a real 28 instead of the 4 I let pass terminating at Dyas.
Although I do think something particular was up maybe around Tyburn rd / Chester Rd cause the 67 seemed sporadic this evening as well
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liberator9

Quote from: John on December 17, 2014, 09:04:32 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on December 17, 2014, 08:51:26 PM

It was a nightmare. More-so for the drivers on the 28 rota though having to put up with it 5 days a week. I'm glad I only had to suffer it for one trip. I should have been on the 66 with another driver, but was asked to do this trip instead

They have been on since around June, and are should be on till at least next Summer I think. The last time I done the 28 before today ( good few months since), it wasn't that bad. Even in the daytime, I was hearing drivers were still finishing around 45 minutes late. Luckily I didn't have to come back in service that way, but the Chester Road didn't look too bad heading back towards Erdington

Feel sorry for the drivers who have to put up with that 5 days a week - must be a real tiring, tedious rota to be on at the moment. Probably have to put up with some passengers complaining as well, which hardly makes the trips any better. The length of the works is ridiculous - bet you will all be glad when they're done!  ;)

Kevin

Quote from: Liberator9 on December 17, 2014, 09:21:08 PM
...Probably have to put up with some passengers complaining as well, which hardly makes the trips any better...

I dunno I reckon most passengers are used to it on the 28 by now
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

There were 244 due to Hayley green when in halesowen bus station, one in six mins and one in seven mins

Rob H

2 71's running within 5 minutes of each other heading for Sutton Coldfield seen in Sheldon by Mardon Road @ 10am
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

All services have been running late this afternoon??

Tony

Quote from: 979 on December 19, 2014, 06:28:07 PM
All services have been running late this afternoon??

Not far off, when I looked at 4pm just before coming home very few routes from any garage hadn't got late running on them

Quote from: Matt on December 18, 2014, 10:30:05 PM
21:15 241 from Dudley a no show, gave up waiting at half 9 and got the 243. It did not seem to be tracking either so Tony may have difficulty investigating this one
Might be a bit difficult to investigate this one as there are three main services on one running board.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk