News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

I managed to get 50 minutes late on the 907 this afternoon. 2.10pm relief, came off 3.02pm. Even on the first 2 trips of my 101 late night duty I was running 15 minutes late (I've never been that late on the 101 even at rush hour, it took me until 9.30pm to get back on time). Traffic horrendous in Birmingham especially, but was heavy everywhere.

Both yesterday and today, even some 110s have been running in pairs. Yesterday 2 arrived in Tamworth together, and I passed 2 together on the drive home, and I passed 2 this afternoon passing the Horse & Jockey heading for Birmingham

MrBevan2000

On Thursday 4306 on the 934 terminated at Kingstanding Circle instead of Walsall due to late running and the fact the driver needed to get back before his hours ran out. So he went empty back to Walsall.

John

The 33s and 907s were struggling again today. Most of the 33s I saw were in pairs, plus some were adjusted, and the 907s nearly running together was well.  And there was me trundling along on the 952!

Liberator9

Sounds like a pain there John - even though you weren't on the 28 still having traffic problems! Do you have a favourite route John at PB - in terms of duties, buses or areas?

John

Quote from: Liberator9 on December 21, 2014, 09:06:29 PM
Sounds like a pain there John - even though you weren't on the 28 still having traffic problems! Do you have a favourite route John at PB - in terms of duties, buses or areas?

I bet it was a pain for the 907s, I know what New Oscott is like at this time of year rom when I done the 907 a few Sundays ago. I was lucky today, didn't get the traffic, the 952 is quiet on Sundays, the only bit of traffic was around by Hotel Latour with people queuing on Park Street for the Bullring car parks. The 66 was ok too, only around Star City was it busy with both traffic and passengers

I'll PM you, saves clogging up the thread

Trident 4194

John

There was 5 33s nearly all in a row at Perry Barr Pheasey Bound this afternoon. Also 907s, 997s and 93*s running in pairs or triplets

My second bus was 30 minutes late which is understandable, but typically the radio wasn't working so I could not get adjusted. So busy in the day, but luckily, after round 5pm it went very quiet, so only managed to finish 10 minutes late

Matt.N0056

957s two pairs running together and I think there's only 4 buses on a Sunday!

Trident 4609

2 79's (4609 and 4548) arrived at West Bromwich Bus Station together about 3pm this afternoon

the trainbasher

246 had a 20-25 minute gap earlier heading Stourbridge bound

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Kevin

A34 is doing pretty bad this morning. Looks like everyone wanting M6 southbound from J9 is doing Broadway and Birmingham road, but then just staying on down Walsall road into town. Guessing the M6 is actually nice and smooth as a result but I've been stood at Tower Hill for over half an hour and the only two buses to go past have been 952s full to the brim, with one 51 but that was quite early on when I thought it wouldn't be too long to wait
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

old50niner

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on January 12, 2015, 07:57:02 AM
A34 is doing pretty bad this morning. Looks like everyone wanting M6 southbound from J9 is doing Broadway and Birmingham road, but then just staying on down Walsall road into town. Guessing the M6 is actually nice and smooth as a result but I've been stood at Tower Hill for over half an hour and the only two buses to go past have been 952s full to the brim, with one 51 but that was quite early on when I thought it wouldn't be too long to wait

Yes, the Highways Agency have managed to completely screw the 51/X51 services up. Scott Arms to City is running as well as a normal peak, and from where the Bus Lane Starts near Merrions Close down to the Scott Arms the buses are managing to do all right thanks to the Bus Lanes, But getting into where the bus lane starts from the Broadway is horrendous with most 51/X51 currently running up to 30 minutes late

Tony

All services in the 97, 17, 60, 50, 35 areas including the 1 and 8 are all suffering late running up to an hour at the moment, no idea why.

B.C Driver

97s being diverted down Fazeley St, but even that was bumper to bumper at 6pm - never seen it like that.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk