News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Quote from: John on October 14, 2014, 09:23:31 PM
Quote from: Sh4318 on October 14, 2014, 09:06:05 PM
Were the (WB) 46's affected? I could've sworn I saw two Enviro 200s on Manor Road running in pairs to West Bromwich

I would think they were with Scott Arms being gridlocked (I did see a 46E to Hamstead today), along with most other North Birmingham services I dare say. I wonder how the 28s coped as well with the roadworks at the Vale also affecting them

Saw 4 in convoy near Kingsbury road so I'm guessing bad

John

The Washwood Heath Road and the Coleshill Road were congested way worse than usual in yesterdays afternoon peak. I was supposed to do one trip as overtime on the 94 yesterday, but it took me nearly half an hour to get from the Fox & Goose to the Clock Garage, plus another 10 minutes to get from Wright Rd to Drews Lane. These made me nearly half an hour late getting into Chelmsley Wood (there were another 2 94s a few minutes behind me), so I had 15 minutes to run dead back into City for the next driver.

Spitfire Island was gridlocked as well, and this was half 6 last night, so the 28s wouldn't have stood a chance to be on time

Trident 4609

Two WA69's within less than a minute of each other pulled into Wednesfield High St @ 18:25.

Didn't catch the fleet no. of the first bus but the one behind was 1782

domino.99

About 6 529's just coming down to Bilston st (metro Island) really bad delays across that area!

P419 EJW

Quote from: NXDom on October 18, 2014, 10:59:47 AM
About 6 529's just coming down to Bilston st (metro Island) really bad delays across that area!

Same with the 82, although not as worse as the 529, 845 and 601 were following all the way to Wolverhampton Bus Station from my bus stop. The Bilston Street Island has a temporary closure on one part next to A41 due to the workers working on the tram tracks. It "should" be finished at 06:00 on 20th October.

domino.99

Quote from: P419 EJW on October 18, 2014, 12:39:15 PM

Same with the 82, although not as worse as the 529, 845 and 601 were following all the way to Wolverhampton Bus Station from my bus stop. The Bilston Street Island has a temporary closure on one part next to A41 due to the workers working on the tram tracks. It "should" be finished at 06:00 on 20th October.
Absolute horror around Wolverhampton today MOST routes are delayed inc. 1,27,82,529. 82's are running either in pairs or just 25-30 mins late.

Alex

Quote from: NXDom on October 18, 2014, 02:45:48 PM

Absolute horror around Wolverhampton today MOST routes are delayed inc. 1,27,82,529. 82's are running either in pairs or just 25-30 mins late.
Saw 2 40's on the Wolverhampton road about 2 minutes behind each other, and one already in the bus station
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Tony

Quote from: ARJ2901 on October 18, 2014, 04:36:48 PM
Quote from: NXDom on October 18, 2014, 02:45:48 PM

Saw 2 40's on the Wolverhampton road about 2 minutes behind each other, and one already in the bus station

You might well have seen two running together after the chaos in Wolverhampton (4331 & 4305) but there was never a third one anywhere near them!

Mike K

A reminder to myself as to why I don't use the bus much anymore. Arrived at the War Lane / Fellows Lane stop for a 22/23 to City at 18.04. Supposed departures at 18.07, 18.13, 18.21 and 18.27 and 18.36 failed to show. 4 passed not in service. Finally a bus turned up at 18.39. During that time 8 went past in the opposite direction. I should have walked to Harborne baths but you know the minute you start walking every Hybrid bus in the ****ing fleet will come round the corner.

Not saying it's anyone's or anything's fault but not much fun when you've arranged to meet someone.

Sayeed

Quote from: Mike K on October 24, 2014, 06:40:50 PM
A reminder to myself as to why I don't use the bus much anymore. Arrived at the War Lane / Fellows Lane stop for a 22/23 to City at 18.04. Supposed departures at 18.07, 18.13, 18.21 and 18.27 and 18.36 failed to show. 4 passed not in service. Finally a bus turned up at 18.39. During that time 8 went past in the opposite direction. I should have walked to Harborne baths but you know the minute you start walking every Hybrid bus in the ****ing fleet will come round the corner.
No way, I was at the same stop, been waiting for 10 minutes then decided to walk and caught 99 at war lane/milford rd and it was strange for me to see double deck at tennal rd.
Век живи - век учись

Tony

Not saying it's anyone's or anything's fault but not much fun when you've arranged to meet someone.

The cause was someone who decided to drive their car into the central crash barrier on the M6 at around 3pm, closing the M6 for several minutes and reducing it to one lane for over an hour. Quehe was soon back to Birmingham City Centre along the Aston Expressway, all through the tunnels back to Bristol Street. Once this happens people come out of the tunnels and start using Paradise Circus and completely screw the whole of Birmingham City Centre up. And because it is being caused by the Motorway there is not a lot Birmingham Urban Traffic Control room can do. People taking the alternative route up Walsall Road to Junction 7 soon overloaded the Walsall Road and the queue back from the Scott Arms traffic lights (Sandwell) was back beyond Perry Barr and people queued inbound along the Tyburn Road to Salford Circus also screwing up service from Sutton & Castle Vale

j789

I had to come down Tyburn Road today to the M6 and round to the M5. Getting to Worcestershire from North Birmingham is a nightmare at rush hour as every route is bad. There were 2 lanes open when I went past about 4.20pm but it had taken me over 40 mins to get from near the Fort up to the motorway itself. It looked a bad accident as the car had had its roof cut off. There were two 67 bendibuses together inbound already full I passed so I can only imagine how bad the outbound journey from the city must have been.

Trident 4609

4565 was running together with 4539 on WN59 tonight

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on October 24, 2014, 08:17:29 PM

The cause was someone who decided to drive their car into the central crash barrier on the M6 at around 3pm, closing the M6 for several minutes and reducing it to one lane for over an hour. Quehe was soon back to Birmingham City Centre along the Aston Expressway, all through the tunnels back to Bristol Street. Once this happens people come out of the tunnels and start using Paradise Circus and completely screw the whole of Birmingham City Centre up. And because it is being caused by the Motorway there is not a lot Birmingham Urban Traffic Control room can do. People taking the alternative route up Walsall Road to Junction 7 soon overloaded the Walsall Road and the queue back from the Scott Arms traffic lights (Sandwell) was back beyond Perry Barr and people queued inbound along the Tyburn Road to Salford Circus also screwing up service from Sutton & Castle Vale

Thanks Tony, I assumed there was some logical explanation. At least the ex WN B5s don't feature the voice of Phil Upton, that might have pushed me over the edge last night.

Sayeed - agreed, strange seeing a B5 come down Tennal Rd, assume that one must have come off a 24?

Trident 4609

At least 4 1's in convoy going through Wolverhampton City Centre going towards Dudley this afternoon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk