News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Perry Barr underpass is flooded. All the A34 and Aldridge Rd traffic is going round the Wellington Rd roundabout.
Chaos. Queues back to Scott Arms.
I got to the bus stop at the usual time (7:20) to find the morning X56 was still 5 mins away, half an hour late. Couple that with the inevitable problems for the 65/67 getting onto Park Road in Aston it's gonna be an impressive lateness to work for me
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4609

Forgot to say that 4132 and 4532 were running within minutes of each other on WA69 last Friday

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on October 14, 2014, 07:38:40 AM
Perry Barr underpass is flooded. All the A34 and Aldridge Rd traffic is going round the Wellington Rd roundabout.
I got to the bus stop at the usual time (7:20) to find the morning X56 was still 5 mins away, half an hour late. Couple that with the inevitable problems for the 65/67 getting onto Park Road in Aston it's gonna be an impressive lateness to work for me

And it is still back to the Scott Arms. X51 towards Birmingham being diverted down the M6 if anyone fancies a fast bus ride

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on October 14, 2014, 12:24:56 PM

And it is still back to the Scott Arms. X51 towards Birmingham being diverted down the M6 if anyone fancies a fast bus ride

Mental traffic! Eventually got into town 10 past 9, that journey is due in 7:17.... 1hr 40min to get from Tower Hill to Wellington Rd... Granted I could have walked, but I fancied the excitement

Would love to see an X51 on the motorway,  probably no chance by 7 when I'm on my way home though

wbdriver

the 5's were screwed as well. took me 1 hour 20 minutes to get from Pheasey Church to Asda Queslett, normally takes 2-3 minutes. :) left sutton at 09:02 and got back to West brom at 11:11, instead of 09:49. (along with 10 other 5s within the space of 5 minutes, considering there were 13 on the road at the time......)
an empty bus is a happy driver.

Tony

Quote from: wbdriver on October 14, 2014, 02:55:49 PM

the 5's were screwed as well. took me 1 hour 20 minutes to get from Pheasey Church to Asda Queslett, normally takes 2-3 minutes. :) left sutton at 09:02 and got back to West brom at 11:11, instead of 09:49. (along with 10 other 5s within the space of 5 minutes, considering there were 13 on the road at the time......)

That was quick, I have just checked and a couple of buses took more than 2 hours!

John

It was even affecting the 16s. Absolute nightmare this morning. On my second run from Hamstead, around 8.15am, it took me half an hour to get to Hamstead Village from the terminus, then the traffic was awful, all the way to Hockley Circus, then I was supposed to be the 9.03am departure from the markets, never left there until 9.50am. That was supposed to heave Hamstead at 9.35, 10.25am I left. Left city the next time at 11.11am (should have been 10.24am). I finished up 41 minutes late handing over the bus to the next driver.

Some City bound X51s and 51s are using the 16 route this afternoon

Its starting to get gridlocked down there again now. It took me 10 minutes to get the car out of the garage, and reach the Greyhound track at the end of Wellhead Lane, glad I'm not on the 33 today!

Kevin

Anyone got a clue what the 11 has been like today? Because that's gonna hit the worst of the diversions traffic as well surely?

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on October 14, 2014, 06:12:59 PM
Anyone got a clue what the 11 has been like today? Because that's gonna hit the worst of the diversions traffic as well surely?

Doesn't seem to have been too bad this morning, Not too good tonight, but that isn't that unusual either!

P419 EJW

Birmingham Mail wrote the article about the flood, looking at the picture of the flood - all I can say is bloody hell!  :o The traffic must be that bad. http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/your-perry-barr-a34-traffic-7934546

Tony

And now something seems to have happened on the Soho Road, buses are taking over an hour to get from Boulton Road to Island Road

Westy

Good job my sister don't work in Brum no more.

I would never hear the last of it!

P419 EJW

Updated at 17:52.

Quote from: Birmingham Mail
Meanwhile on the buses, delays continue on services 997, 934, 935, 936, 33, 28, 46, 654 and 907.

Services 51 and X51 are being diverted to city right at Old Walsall Road though Hamstead Village, Hamstead Road to Villa Road, left Villa Road onto Lozells Road to Six Ways, right to normal line of route.

Service 424 WMSNT is not operating into city at present, while Service 61 Central Buses is currently delayed by around 30mins.

Updated at 20:00.

Quote from: Birmingham Mail
The A34 Birchfield Road Underpass is still closed - but it is now hoped the road will reopen before Wednesday morning rush hour.

Sh4318

Were the (WB) 46's affected? I could've sworn I saw two Enviro 200s on Manor Road running in pairs to West Bromwich
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

John

Quote from: Sh4318 on October 14, 2014, 09:06:05 PM
Were the (WB) 46's affected? I could've sworn I saw two Enviro 200s on Manor Road running in pairs to West Bromwich

I would think they were with Scott Arms being gridlocked (I did see a 46E to Hamstead today), along with most other North Birmingham services I dare say. I wonder how the 28s coped as well with the roadworks at the Vale also affecting them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk