News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

4768 was about 15 late into town just now for the last X51 to Walsall. Meaning everyone piled onto 4857 when it turned up as a 51, which of course was made late with the volume of people and overtaken by an empty X51 in Newtown... Bugger
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

j789

I had the pleasure of driving through perry Barr this morning and the traffic was horrendous down the Walsall Road from Scott Arms, I am surprised nobody has mentioned any delay.

Tony

Quote from: j789 on September 22, 2014, 08:07:32 PM
I had the pleasure of driving through perry Barr this morning and the traffic was horrendous down the Walsall Road from Scott Arms, I am surprised nobody has mentioned any delay.

And it was even worse coming in down College Road/Aldridge Road (33, 907, 997 etc). The traffic lights in that area lost communications with the control room and were doing their own thing

Stu

My 37 got held up in bad traffic this morning on the Warwick Road through Tyseley; left Acocks Green about 8:35am and got to just before Camp Hill Island about 9:15am, presumably just because people were slowing down to rubber-neck down Reddings Lane which had been closed off because of the arson attack last night. Once we passed there, the traffic suddenly became free-flowing. However the bus got seriously rammed.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

The 1905 81 ex Wolverhampton departed 12 down...arrive merry hill 13 late.. 841

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Kevin

Yeah I mentioned on the Walsall garage thread. X51s were on form that morning, buses heading dead into town to pick up timetable, ergo the next bus sailed past full etc...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: Kevin on September 30, 2014, 11:15:47 AM

Yeah I mentioned on the Walsall garage thread. X51s were on form that morning, buses heading dead into town to pick up timetable, ergo the next bus sailed past full etc...

Least you won't get my sister moaning now she has a West Bromwich job,  unless the 4 starts playing up?

karl724223

Everything up the Hagley road was late today due to 4 way light at Wolverhampton road and road ripping up Hagley road outbound by the dog to Wolverhampton road

Stu

Yesterday morning I think it was, I saw two 3s following each other towards Birmingham in Sparkbrook. Then in the evening, I saw two 5s following each other out of town down the Stratford Road.

That same morning, although a 37 arrived just as I got to the stop in Acocks Green village, I'm guessing there had been a bit of a gap, as there were large crowds of people at stops further along the route, and the bus ended up getting quite rammed. Annoyingly, there was a large crowd at the ALDI stop in Sparkbrook, quite why they couldn't have just got on one of the two 3s just in front baffles me.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

domino.99

4310 was running 15 mins late at the Daisy bank timing point on WN82 at about 16:12.

the trainbasher

The 9 has been in pairs and threesomes all afternoon

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 03, 2014, 07:21:08 PM

they really ought to consider putting the 9 on it's own rota and have crew change at Halesowen, then when the Hagley Road was problematic, it would mean you could put in some 9Es just between City and Halesowen to help the late running.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

andrew1991

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 03, 2014, 09:07:27 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on October 03, 2014, 07:21:08 PM

they really ought to consider putting the 9 on it's own rota and have crew change at Halesowen, then when the Hagley Road was problematic, it would mean you could put in some 9Es just between City and Halesowen to help the late running.

2 lanes closed due to roadworks on hagley road causing the problems

Trident 4609

There were two WN1's (Both 540* examples) ruining up Wolverhampton Rd East about 21:05-21:10 last night going towards Dudley

domino.99

the 15:50 82 ex wolves left 25 mins late and got into roseville with the next right behind it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk