News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

And the 9/141 is still recovering slowly from it now!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

P419 EJW

1421 is 25 minutes late, should have done the 12:15 departure from Wolverhampton Bus Station but departed at 12:40.

1436 is 15 minutes late, should have done the 15:55 departure from Walsall Bus Station but departed at 16:10.

Alex

@P419 EJW 1421 still running late, should've done the 1735 41 ex Willenhall, hasn't reached terminus as of 1748!
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Stu

What was up with the 37 this morning? I got to the stop a little later than normal, and there was already a large crowd waiting, then I checked the app...

The 'due' bus left Acocks Green village at 8:30am with a full standing load, and further down the route there were large crowds at stops, and the driver, to quote Elton John, had to 'deny the passengers who want to get on'.

I'm only guessing here, but looking at some of the faces of people I recognise who seem to catch the bus at certain times, I reckon there had been at least a 20 minute gap.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on June 09, 2015, 06:17:02 PM
What was up with the 37 this morning? I got to the stop a little later than normal, and there was already a large crowd waiting, then I checked the app...

The 'due' bus left Acocks Green village at 8:30am with a full standing load, and further down the route there were large crowds at stops, and the driver, to quote Elton John, had to 'deny the passengers who want to get on'.

I'm only guessing here, but looking at some of the faces of people I recognise who seem to catch the bus at certain times, I reckon there had been at least a 20 minute gap.

Don't know the actual reason, but Solihull ground to a halt for 30 minutes trapping lots of buses

OH25

Two 89's are in Oldbury both heading for Blackheath meaning one of them is late

John

Quote from: Tony on June 09, 2015, 06:20:44 PM
Don't know the actual reason, but Solihull ground to a halt for 30 minutes trapping lots of buses

Just like Carr's Lane/Albert Street area this morning. I was stuck on Moor Street for about 15 minutes around 7.15 this morning. A problem with a set of traffic lights AVL said.

Buses leaving Albert Street (Bristol Road Pershore Road, Stratford Road etc.) were stuck because buses (Birchfield Road, Suttons etc.) were queuing up Moor Street, and they could not swing out of Albert Street into the left lane on Moor Street

Tony

Quote from: John on June 09, 2015, 08:55:40 PM
Just like Carr's Lane/Albert Street area this morning. I was stuck on Moor Street for about 15 minutes around 7.15 this morning. A problem with a set of traffic lights AVL said.

Buses leaving Albert Street (Bristol Road Pershore Road, Stratford Road etc.) were stuck because buses (Birchfield Road, Suttons etc.) were queuing up Moor Street, and they could not swing out of Albert Street into the left lane on Moor Street

I wonder why no-one contacted Traffic light control room then?

Kevin

I saw a few buses yesterday morning giving up on Albert Street completely and going up to the Square Peg to come back down Priory and round to Moor st.

Didn't look fun though, I just managed to see it in time and got off the X51 by Hotel La Tour. Christ knows which idiot allowed roadworks on Dale End when there's so much extra traffic using it at the moment
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

P419 EJW

1436 is 40 minutes late. Should be departing Walsall Bus Station at 14:40 but we are at Chasetown, The Clock. I think the services are affected by the roadworks in Rushall.

GeminiFan1991

Got off my 11C yesterday, looked back and I saw 5 11(s) ! 3 were full route workings while 2 were "E" workings. I waited a good deal for my bus as well. Such is the nightmare that is traffic !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

MW

Quote from: BusFan on June 12, 2015, 06:03:44 PM
Got off my 11C yesterday, looked back and I saw 5 11(s) ! 3 were full route workings while 2 were "E" workings. I waited a good deal for my bus as well. Such is the nightmare that is traffic !

This is an everyday occurrence lol,

On school days anyway.

domino.99

Can @Tony let me know what happened to the 17:20 WN82 off Dudley please, didn't turn up!

BU07 LGO

The pershore road stop is annoying when 3 buses try to squeeze on, they block carrs lane

RobQuinton

1945 & 1951 following each other round the Number 1 route this afternoon. Wonder why NX could not turn one of them round? But then that would provide a better service.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk