News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 11, 2015, 07:56:17 PM
When the 11 is rid of the Presidents then it might happen, but no point in fitting them with wi-fi equipment with only months/year left at the most.
Do not think many will last a year with sone already having depated,to reserve put the equkment in the recently refurbed an reprinted Geminis .
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

John

Three Dudley bound 1s have passed through Lichfield Street together

John

Traffic on the Birchfield Road very slow all the way back to One Stop. I guess the M6 being closed is not helping the situation at Newtown either. I dread to think what the Suttons will be like this afternoon

BK63 YWP

Quote from: John on August 14, 2015, 12:29:10 PM
Traffic on the Birchfield Road very slow all the way back to One Stop. I guess the M6 being closed is not helping the situation at Newtown either. I dread to think what the Suttons will be like this afternoon

@John the traffic is awful inbound on the A34 towards Birmingham im currently on 935 towards city crawling speed just after perry barr
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: John on August 14, 2015, 12:29:10 PM

The Suttons aren't too bad at the moment stragely enough. Birchfield Road, Soho Road and services that go near Junction 5 (28/67/71/966) are the bad ones

John

Just came off 25 minutes down, not bad considering I was at tops 45 minutes behind at one point. Come off with another 914 following me all the way from Sutton. Plus passed another two together as well. One of those head spinner days I think!

Another driver has heard that some 51s were running 2 hours late, and most others up to an hour

A34 chokka out of City now, 952s and 907s not using the underpasses.

karl724223

Glad I was on locals and finished at 1200 midday

BU07 LGO

I just came off 4801 2 hours late! I was 30 mins down getting into town (after leaving wellhead lane on time!) due to the temporary lights, told to run dead to Walsall and spent 2 hours getting from perry barr to junction 7!

John

Quote from: Chris on August 14, 2015, 12:48:21 PM
@John the traffic is awful inbound on the A34 towards Birmingham im currently on 935 towards city crawling speed just after perry barr

Well it's just taken me an hour to get home on the 997, usually a 15 minute journey. Can't see the traffic dying down soon. Not sure if the Motorway is open yet

Stuharris 6360

M6 northbound opened at 17:00 and southbound reopened at 17:30.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Don't worry, the rest of the bus network in and out of Birmingham gets screwed up too!  :D

In particular, the 37 is in meltdown, mainly due to the city centre traffic, but also not being helped by some ridiculous 4-way controlled temporary lights on Warwick Road at Knights Road junction in Tyseley, as well as the diversion through Acocks Green due to the closure of Warwick Road.

I'm glad I'm home now, and don't need to catch another bus until Monday! I shall be making a complaint to my local councillor, as these works in Tyseley and Acocks Green weren't meant to start until after 7pm. Also, the diversion info on the NX website appears to be wrong, as the Warwick Road is closed in both directions.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on August 14, 2015, 07:14:48 PM
Don't worry, the rest of the bus network in and out of Birmingham gets screwed up too!  :D

In particular, the 37 is in meltdown, mainly due to the city centre traffic, but also not being helped by some ridiculous 4-way controlled temporary lights on Warwick Road at Knights Road junction in Tyseley, as well as the diversion through Acocks Green due to the closure of Warwick Road.

I'm glad I'm home now, and don't need to catch another bus until Monday! I shall be making a complaint to my local councillor, as these works in Tyseley and Acocks Green weren't meant to start until after 7pm. Also, the diversion info on the NX website appears to be wrong, as the Warwick Road is closed in both directions.
The roadworks in Castle Vale @Stu have been causing buses to run late all week on the 28, 71 and 67 .
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: John on August 14, 2015, 06:25:24 PM
Well it's just taken me an hour to get home on the 997, usually a 15 minute journey. Can't see the traffic dying down soon. Not sure if the Motorway is open yet

I think when the m6 gets close they should open the m6 toll free for traffic during the closure. Would help the people that want to by pass birmingham therefore it will ease the pressure on the west midlands roads which aren't meant to cope with motorway traffic coming through.
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Last two evenings have been dire never once been on time Friday we all now about m6 closure plus a premier league game at villa, last nite Dudley rd services were screwed cause of the hot air balloon rides and fun fair at Victoria park, as I about exit West Bromwich bus station a chap has seizure on the zebra crossing that cost 20 minutes, then I get to the blue gates smethwick more delays, while on the 89 I come into oldbury heading to city I get round of applause for turning up cause  the 87,s had gone missing some people claimed to be waiting nearly hour and half, well I thought it's better than abuse, then later on in the evening blue gates smethwick is closed by police after a bad rtc brilliant I couldn't turn the bus round so I escaped using the side roads not appropriate for bus, I,ve seen class two rigid trucks go up in the past , fingers and toes crossed I made it to Devonshire rd then stony lane back on route and into city eventually,last journey to west brom blue gates still closed , so on to the smethwick bypass I,m dropping of passengers at ASRA then this old lady comes to me I need to get to Devonshire rd I can't walk very far I have this stick you see, she then proceeded to give directions on how to get there , I call traffic explaining the situation, I,m basically told use my best judgement on getting this old lady home , so now I,m heading towards Devonshire rd as if I,m going towards city now old dear now done and dusted , now I,ve got to travel the entire length of Devonshire rd to  littlemore hill island to turn round and head back as normal , I now pull into west brom bus round 0010 I forgot to erase my blinds before entering, a chap comes to me thinking I,m still in service told him I,m done ,he said where's the 2308 83 it still eh come, by this time I,ve no patience for any more crap, I don't know, closed the doors and left, I still finished nearly 20 minutes late , a nite to forget , I,ve switched my land line and mobile off so no from west brom traffic can contact me asking can I help last second.com.  I is gona chill today now I,ve got that off me chest.

Kevin

Yeah I saw two 80s leaving brum within minutes of each other last night, figured it was to do with the Balloons thing
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk