News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Matt on May 05, 2015, 06:39:44 PM
4H left Halesowen at 18:29 (due at 05)

Sure it weren't running early?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Matt on May 05, 2015, 06:48:09 PM
No, it's not Diamond! The next one left a few mins later

Diamond only leave early if there is another bus that wants the stand. As NX like to hoard halesowen bus station stands, causing major congestion. I believe they are only allowed 3 minutes on a stand before having to depart

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 05, 2015, 06:59:06 PM
Diamond only leave early if there is another bus that wants the stand. As NX like to hoard halesowen bus station stands, causing major congestion. I believe they are only allowed 3 minutes on a stand before having to depart

You have defeated your own argument there! If Diamond are on the stand but are forced to leave early, then it is that bus that is hogging the stand as that bus obviously managed to get onto an empty stand! And if that bus leaves 3 or more minutes early then it was obviously on the stand more than 3 minutes before departure<

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on May 05, 2015, 07:02:43 PM
You have defeated your own argument there! If Diamond are on the stand but are forced to leave early, then it is that bus that is hogging the stand as that bus obviously managed to get onto an empty stand! And if that bus leaves 3 or more minutes early then it was obviously on the stand more than 3 minutes before departure<

Ok to put into context:
The 241 arrived at 09 one day last week, but was not due to leave till 14 past. And the 4H came down at 11 past and waited for a minute before pulling round onto the 9 stand. The 9 was then behind and caused a major back log as he was waiting to get on the stand that the 4H was currently loading for. This happens lots of times with different operators picking up from different stands.
I am by no means saying diamond are clean, but matt was the one having the dig to start with.
I also understand that halesowen bus station is not fit for the purpose.

Why I said that is because the 4H sometimes goes onto stand early due to the lack of layover spaces, which then causes a 99 to actually pull slightly in front of the 4H and get the passengers to walk in front of the 4H to load onto the 99.

Just saying

John

12.40pm - There was 3 82s with an 87 within a few minutes on The Priory Queensway

Trident 4194

1783 on 4H is running 15 minutes late

Trident 4609

Just waited 25 minutes for a 59! Not good for a service supposed to be every 5 mins.

Chris2301

Saw a 255E Womborne Green Lane around half 3 at merry hill

sonic84

Spotted last week on Wednesday I think about 5.30 there were 2 X64's running together in Bartley Green towards to Woodgate terminus.

Tara4352

John

Washwood Heath Road was mad this morning. I was heading into City around half 8, and within 5 minutes, I had passed 5 94s all stuck in traffic.

Also for the whole of my last trip, I was in a trio of 94s (A 55 and 70 joined in from the Fox inwards to City too!)

Midday, there was 2 54s together in One Stop too

Tara4352

2 222s virtually together on Russell's Hall Road about 6 mins ago

Dudley road services have gone completely to pot for the last two days short workings galore, major water works by city hospital, maines have been leaking for ages but they decide to repair at the same time as complete closure of summer row is enforced genius I say. Dudley rd by Heath St down to one lane chaos.

Ashley 60171

4 green leaves on the 1 Dudley bound noted on Pipers Row together approx 1505

Ronnoc

The 07:18 76 to Solihull Station from Kings Heath came 1 minute after the arrival of the next 76 (07:31) to the same destination.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk