News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH25

Because of the water incident in West Bromwich
I got on the 80 at 5:05 from West Bromwich and it's now 5:48 and I'm only by the Red Cow pub in Smethwick

Really really late

Stu

I know it's not VERY late, but this morning I waited 15 minutes for a 37 from Acocks Green to Birmingham, and as the queue grew at my stop, I hoped and prayed for a double-deck to turn up... but got an OmniLink instead. As the service is normally every 5 mins, you can only imagine the crowds that had built up at the stops further along the route towards Birmingham, and the bus soon got very packed, not helped by the driver letting three buggies on!

To be fair, this rarely happens, and the worst comments I heard from fellow passengers were 'ooh the bus is a bit full this morning'  ;D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jack6101

This morning 3 74 came at the same time the I got was was 4952 and 4964/5 and I forgot the last one all around 11 am
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Kevin

Tyburn rd traffic causing problems on the 66 atm, 1906 was about half hour late at Star City heading to town. Presumably the 67 is having similar issues
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

823 running 15 down on 244 left Halesowen 15:31

Trident 4609

Two 69's came into Wolverhampton Bus Station about 16:30.

4330 left Wolverhampton on the 40 as 1771 entered the station.

the trainbasher

Either 1704 or 1677 must be delayed as both are in merry hill on 276 Dudley

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tara4352

1677 was still there with passengers on at 1750

Kevin

Leaving work in Nechells the live times app was showing two 66s due, just missed the one (7033) which turns out was only slightly late, and only just caught the one behind (1842), by the time we got to town he was half hour late and meant to be in Erdington already so got on the radio and went NIS to try catch some time up.
The next two at the time were showing on the app as being 50 and 52 mins away, which is usual when I'm leaving work.
Such a hopeless service, that and it's only every half hour when workers want to use it no wonder it's losing custom

Also, two full 997s to Walsall left Bull st at 18:26
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Mike K

4 Enviro 400s, 2 on the 82, 2 on the 87 heading down Newhall Street in convoy out of city just now.

Meanwhile I'm going nowhere fast on 5516 around Edmund Street and Margaret Street on the 22.

Not sure if it's any particular incident or the debacle that is Birmingham city centre at the moment given all the roadworks.

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on June 05, 2015, 07:02:59 PM
4 Enviro 400s, 2 on the 82, 2 on the 87 heading down Newhall Street in convoy out of city just now.

Meanwhile I'm going nowhere fast on 5516 around Edmund Street and Margaret Street on the 22.

Not sure if it's any particular incident or the debacle that is Birmingham city centre at the moment given all the roadworks.

leftovers from the lorry that broke down on the M6 at lunchtime blocking 3 lanes and wasn't moved until just before 4pm

Tara4352

Quote from: Matt on June 05, 2015, 06:47:08 PM
Going to wollaston having gone to dudley and back??......
No

Mike K

Quote from: Tony on June 05, 2015, 07:10:06 PM
leftovers from the lorry that broke down on the M6 at lunchtime blocking 3 lanes and wasn't moved until just before 4pm

Thanks Tony. It's taken me 22 mins to get from Colmore Row to the Town Hall on 5516. After several beers after work, and my need to use the toilet, it's going to be a long and painful journey home

Tara4352

Saw it from 1715 and when I was on the way home seen it still parked up

Tony

Quote from: Rhys S on June 05, 2015, 07:11:52 PM
No

Stange, because I have just put a track on 1677 and it shows it at Merry Hill as Matt say at 17:00. Shows it arriving in Dudley at 17:32. Leaving Dudley at 17:43, and at 17:50 was at Buffery Road, nowhere near Merry Hill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk