News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VIP

Started by danny, April 30, 2012, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

I saw one of the VIP tridents on Bilston Street island in Wolverhampton at around 16:45 today

John

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 27, 2013, 06:02:47 PM
I saw one of the VIP tridents on Bilston Street island in Wolverhampton at around 16:45 today

Private hire maybe

monkeyjoe

http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/18August13.aspx

Emergency contract  for the 71 service does this mean that they are going down the plug hole or are in trouble.

PM

Quote from: monkeyjoe on August 02, 2013, 01:24:20 PM
http://www.networkwestmidlands.com/bus/servicechanges/ServiceChangesPages/18August13.aspx

Emergency contract  for the 71 service does this mean that they are going down the plug hole or are in trouble.

I would have thought diamond/connect would get this one as they already run part of the 71 dont they. Maybe theyre not going down the plug hole-that would be too much to hope for  :P -but maybe performance has been monitored on this route and found to not be satisfactory-they were told to improve and have withdrawn or they have decided its a loss maker-they bid too low and anyway they would surely face penalties for this ridiculous behaviour or c theyre just going full stop. This type of thing doesnt happen often though does it?

a220

You can't throw a Centro contract back in.

PM

Quote from: Arriva WD on August 02, 2013, 07:45:25 PM

Well surely you must be able to-you could just stop operating couldnt you? There must be a penalty system in place though but centro surely cant force an operator to run and obviously you can throw a contract back in as that is what has happened. VIP has decided to stop unless they are on the brink of collapse or performance on the route has been bad

Stu

I didn't catch the fleet number or registration unfortunately, but I saw an old red single-decker parked up just beyond the bus stop outside Acocks Green Bowl yesterday evening with its rear engine door open; I can only presume it was a VIP bus, possibly been operating on the 40 that had run into difficulties.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Peter123 on August 02, 2013, 07:54:59 PM

Well surely you must be able to-you could just stop operating couldnt you? There must be a penalty system in place though but centro surely cant force an operator to run and obviously you can throw a contract back in as that is what has happened. VIP has decided to stop unless they are on the brink of collapse or performance on the route has been bad

I believe it was commercially operated, but I'm not sure. VIP re-registered the 71 between Sutton and Chelmsley so seem to have won the emergency contract?

Quote from: Stu on August 02, 2013, 08:36:00 PM
I didn't catch the fleet number or registration unfortunately, but I saw an old red single-decker parked up just beyond the bus stop outside Acocks Green Bowl yesterday evening with its rear engine door open; I can only presume it was a VIP bus, possibly been operating on the 40 that had run into difficulties.

The 40 isnt operated by VIP anymore, it's now operated by WMSNT

PM

Quote from: neale95 on August 02, 2013, 09:29:23 PM

I believe it was commercially operated, but I'm not sure. VIP re-registered the 71 between Sutton and Chelmsley so seem to have won the emergency contract?

Really? I was sure it was a centro tendered route and have they since reregistered it and won the contract?

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Peter123 on August 02, 2013, 09:35:33 PM

Really? I was sure it was a centro tendered route and have they since reregistered it and won the contract?

I know it was tendered when it ran between Sutton and Chelmsley only. It was then extended to Solihull and I remember reading on the NWM site something about commercial registration including former tender journeys (or something like that).

They re-registered it on the 30th July:

PD0001724/26 - VIP CONTRACTS LTD, WHARF STREET, HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM, B18 5HS
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Sutton Coldfield
Finish Point: Chelmsley Wood
Via:
Service Number: 71
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 24-AUG-2013
Other Details: Sundays only except bank holidays, xmas and new year

Stu

Oops yes you're right, forgot about that!

Still, it was a battered old red bus, wasn't a Joe's Travel one either...
My locals:

Stu

Looks like they didn't want to operate the full route on Sunday, hence why they've now only registered the Sutton to Chelmsley Wood section.

Network West Midlands timetable section on their website isn't working at present, don't Diamond also operate the 71 on Sundays?

My locals:

vinh1000

Quote from: Stu on August 03, 2013, 07:23:11 PM
Looks like they didn't want to operate the full route on Sunday, hence why they've now only registered the Sutton to Chelmsley Wood section.

Network West Midlands timetable section on their website isn't working at present, don't Diamond also operate the 71 on Sundays?
Only between 18:32 every half hour to 23:32
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Steveminor

Not surprised really as they were timed 5 mins after NXWM between chelmsley & solihull

Solo1

Any one see their 966 today as I diddmt
see 1206 into Solihull unless it was late

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk