News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VIP

Started by danny, April 30, 2012, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uniquicity

I didn't see a reg unfortunately. Only got a side view of it from my office.

nitromatt1

Quote from: uniquicity on September 09, 2013, 06:57:11 PM

I'm not disbelieving what you say of course, but did you see it displaying 99 on the blinds, or just saw the bus going past? As the time you gave (10am) it doesn't fit with a VIP 99 working and would have to be either about 2 hours late or 1 hour early

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 09, 2013, 10:15:46 PM
Quote from: uniquicity on September 09, 2013, 06:57:11 PM

I'm not disbelieving what you say of course, but did you see it displaying 99 on the blinds, or just saw the bus going past? As the time you gave (10am) it doesn't fit with a VIP 99 working and would have to be either about 2 hours late or 1 hour early

I agree, I'm not calling you a liar but I'm positive you'll need a route change as those trees have some serious branches and the front windows will be in for a good banging.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

driver

it was on the 99 saw it in halesowen about 10

Kevin

I'm not particularly worried about those trees on wheeleys road, personally wincing at the thought of a decker going round Welsh House Farm, it's nightmarish in a car sometimes
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

So you put a double deck on a tendered route with a low bridge on so you miss a big chunk out on Sunday?
Then try and pull a load of trees down with one the next day?
hmm sensible!

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Tony on September 09, 2013, 10:34:22 PM
So you put a double deck on a tendered route with a low bridge on so you miss a big chunk out on Sunday?
Then try and pull a load of trees down with one the next day?
hmm sensible!

But they did seem to run an extra journey on Sunday! A bus left Sutton at 17:47 shortly followed by Diamond. The VIP bus did sit at the stop for a few minutes - probably to appear 'on time'!

nitromatt1

To be honest I don't understand the timetabling of the VIP 99, but looking at the one on NWM, the Trident would've gone out of service at 15:18 in Harts Green at Welsh House Farm Road. The service seems to take a break around peak time for some reason. Whether it would've come back on in the evening I have no idea, only saw one 99 this evening and it was that T51 KLD Dart.

uniquicity

Quote from: driver on September 09, 2013, 10:28:15 PM
it was on the 99 saw it in halesowen about 10

Hurrah! I'm not going mad then. I can't remember the exact time I saw it because I was working and didn't think to note it down.

To answer Tony, it did have 99 Birmingham on the side. It had a flip dot side blind.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Kevin on September 09, 2013, 10:34:11 PM
I'm not particularly worried about those trees on wheeleys road, personally wincing at the thought of a decker going round Welsh House Farm, it's nightmarish in a car sometimes

Kevin, Welsh House Farm Road is nothing. A B7RLE goes round so a 10metre decker is no issues.

Saying that the trees around that estate aren't pruned really either!! Must've had a serious tree-bar on the top deck.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Kevin

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 09, 2013, 10:51:35 PM

Kevin, Welsh House Farm Road is nothing. A B7RLE goes round so a 10metre decker is no issues.

Saying that the trees around that estate aren't pruned really either!! Must've had a serious tree-bar on the top deck.

Was thinking more about the parking, makes passing any other vehicle a nightmare

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Kevin on September 09, 2013, 10:53:19 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 09, 2013, 10:51:35 PM

Was thinking more about the parking, makes passing any other vehicle a nightmare

Decker will fit through no problem. The only 'issue' would be the left/right turn out of Rilstone Avenue. There was usually a red hatchback parked right on the purpose-dropped curb. But nothing a decker can't handle.

In fact, the VIP deckers are shorter then NX E200's I believe.
until it cought fire

Kevin

Hang on.... Just thought.....
Previous talk of VIP putting a decker on the 71? Thought they didn't run the 71 anymore?
Or am I just going spare, because I can't find their timetable on the NWM website, got Diamond, NX, Claribel and Sunny travel but not VIP

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Kevin on September 09, 2013, 11:02:43 PM
Previous talk of VIP putting a decker on the 71?
Thought they didn't run the 71 anymore?

Explained earlier in the thread: I believe it was operated commercially (Sutton-Solihull), which was canceled, and they then must have won the emergency tender from Centro (Sutton-Chelmsley).

Nathan4775

Quote from: neale95 on September 09, 2013, 11:06:05 PM
Quote from: Kevin on September 09, 2013, 11:02:43 PM
Previous talk of VIP putting a decker on the 71?
Thought they didn't run the 71 anymore?

Explained earlier in the thread: I believe it was operated commercially (Sutton-Solihull), which was canceled, and they then must have won the emergency tender from Centro (Sutton-Chelmsley).

So there is not a bus now From Solihull - Sutton or visa-versa
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk