News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VIP

Started by danny, April 30, 2012, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt.N0056

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 26, 2013, 05:53:03 PM
Quote from: John on September 26, 2013, 05:52:07 PM
Quote from: a220 on September 26, 2013, 05:47:49 PM
Not possible, a vehicle cannot inherit a mark newer than the vehicle itself.

They have defiantly have swopped registrations though

I believe you John, knowing VIP!

They've done this before with an LGH dart and T51 KLD, although last time I saw T51 KLD it was on the correct bus. And I doubt it would have been a case of putting the wrong plate onto a bus, if they took them off for some reason, as the rear ones were different shapes!

trident4370

Yes I remember VIP Swapping number plates over before.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Tony on September 25, 2013, 07:44:01 PM
W228 DNO has been in service now for over a week with a window with big cracks in it held together with duct tape - Quality.
Photo attached

There's a reregistered EL Trident  (believed T804') out on the 966 today with a similar 'repair' to the upper deck n/s screen....

Reading recent posts about this bunch of cowboys, i'm finding it hard to discount something I heard about them!

PM

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on September 27, 2013, 02:44:37 PM
Quote from: Tony on September 25, 2013, 07:44:01 PM
W228 DNO has been in service now for over a week with a window with big cracks in it held together with duct tape - Quality.
Photo attached

There's a reregistered EL Trident  (believed T804') out on the 966 today with a similar 'repair' to the upper deck n/s screen....

Reading recent posts about this bunch of cowboys, i'm finding it hard to discount something I heard about them!

Thank goodness theyre not winning any more centro contracts. This company seem dangerous and the most unprofessional. No wonder they beaat diamond on tenders for routes like the 424-diamonds tenders took into account paying drivers not in cash and also that any buses would be properly repaired. It can't go on like this.

Tony

I photographed the vehicle carrying registration BU05 HFT today, I don't think that is the genuine vehicle either! If it is it has had the platform changed, a button on the outside of the bodywork removed and various outher changes made to it as well!

PM

Quote from: Tony on September 27, 2013, 06:14:08 PM
I photographed the vehicle carrying registration BU05 HFT today, I don't think that is the genuine vehicle either! If it is it has had the platform changed, a button on the outside of the bodywork removed and various outher changes made to it as well!

This is actually ridiculous. Whats their game-fooling VOSA-maybe the 05 dart has an mot/insurance etc and the 02 one doesnt so stick the reg of the 05 one onto the 02 one and no ones any the wiser. Well only us lot!

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 27, 2013, 06:35:08 PM

This is actually ridiculous. Whats their game-fooling VOSA-maybe the 05 dart has an mot/insurance etc and the 02 one doesnt so stick the reg of the 05 one onto the 02 one and no ones any the wiser. Well only us lot!

I have put both an offside and nearside shot taken today on this page
http://wmbusphotos.com/VIP/bu06hft.html
with photos taken previously of both sides below

Who wants to play spot the difference?

nitromatt1

Quote from: Tony on September 27, 2013, 06:44:05 PM

I have put both an offside and nearside shot taken today on this page
http://wmbusphotos.com/VIP/bu06hft.html
with photos taken previously of both sides below

Amusingly the metal plate around the onside front headlights & indicator is hanging off!

John

Abellio Logo above door
Blue/white advert on window
Alexander Dennis badge on grille
White writing on side
Pole colour
interior
Black Destination surround

And the hanging off headlight surround made me laugh

Tony

There is also the yellow Disabled help button by the front door that has gone missing, a catch below the cab window on the offside for the lower flap has appeared.

What I cannot work out yet is which vehicle this genuinely is

John

Both the 'BU05' and the 'LG02' were out yesterday

trident4370

Nice to see its been "upgraded" to urban 90s! Oh and the Dashboard Camera has been moved ;)

Stu

Quote from: John on September 27, 2013, 06:48:39 PM

Abellio Logo above door
Blue/white advert on window
Alexander Dennis badge on grille
White writing on side
Pole colour
interior
Black Destination surround

And the hanging off headlight surround made me laugh

Different seats!

Also noticed afterwards it has different wheels (front wheels missing those yellow plastic things round the wheel nuts)

And the 'pod' on the front dashboard (which I guess would usually house a CCTV camera) is in a different location.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Isle of Stroma

Check out the quality repair to the n/s upper windscreen.

I believe this board does school trips either side of its 966 duties, frightening isn't it?

Tony

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on September 27, 2013, 07:57:12 PM
Check out the quality repair to the n/s upper windscreen.

I believe this board does school trips either side of its 966 duties, frightening isn't it?

Obviously run out of duct tape now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk