News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VIP

Started by danny, April 30, 2012, 01:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fleetline6477

Quote from: Ash on October 24, 2012, 08:19:18 PM
When VIP first started they aquired the ex travel london darts which are newish buses but more recently they seemed to have aquired buses that are around 15 years old and most without proper destination blinds for me they seem to be aquiring and expanding too quickly similar to ampm travel. Never used VIP so not sure what there actually like as the point of view of a passenger.

VIP were an established Coach and private hire minibus and mechanical operation before they acquired the first Darts to operate the Birmingham Day centre contracts previously operated by Zak's / Central Connect and a small amount of Rail Replacement work. The additional number of vehicles acquired recently has been fairly low just now they are operating bus services they are seen more.

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Peter123 on October 13, 2012, 02:41:34 PM
Its horrendous and totally unacceptable. Why on earth do centro just let on the basis of cost-they should monitor quality etc and have stringent requirements so only the decent companies can run services.

I agree and disagree with you. I have experienced vip on the 425 caught it 5 times in a month. Every time it turned up late and last week didnt even turn up at all and im grateful that its now a wmst route. But on the other hand the 425 is a silly route as its so quite so I can understand giving the route to a company may be bad but cheaper but im sure the average jo would be more bothered about the extra cost on the council tax for a better company. I know I would prepfer to put up with not very good driver and terrible buses if it keeps my bills from going up anymore! But I do agree they are bad!!
campaigning for better transport for all

BU07 LGO

Ive had two counts of road rage with bullying VIP drivers, one tried to force his ay throuigh on my side of the road round aprked cars and the other cut a mini island with no attempt to go round it!

MidlandJoe75

Public Inquiry (45335) to be held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL, on 15 November 2012 commencing at 14:00 (Previous Publication:(2160))
PD0001724 SI
VIP CONTRACTS LTD
DIRECTOR(s): SARBJIT SINGH RAJU, USHA RAJU .
WHARF STREET, HOCKLEY , BIRMINGHAM B18 5HS, GB
PSV - S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV - Sch.3 - Consideration of Transport Managers Repute under Schedule 3 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV - S28 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act 1985)

swifty

Quote from: MidlandJoe75 on November 06, 2012, 08:46:37 PM
Public Inquiry (45335) to be held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL, on 15 November 2012 commencing at 14:00 (Previous Publication:(2160))
PD0001724 SI
VIP CONTRACTS LTD
DIRECTOR(s): SARBJIT SINGH RAJU, USHA RAJU .
PSV - S17 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 17 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV - Sch.3 - Consideration of Transport Managers Repute under Schedule 3 (The Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981)
PSV - S28 - Consideration of disciplinary action under Section 28 (The Transport Act 1985)
Oh dear oh dear, well it was shite while it lasted lol
No I don't go to F**KING SMETHWICK!!!!!!!

John

VIP new addition 'X532 UAT' ex London Dart on the 71 today
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/8175895633/

suavegarv

Regarding the notice of public enquiry. Is the decision / outcome made available to the public? If so, where would it be published?

MidlandJoe75

andy

Any news on whether any ruling was made against another of our PCV parasites?

John

mikestone

from todays N&P
;
Public Inquiry (45335) held at The Public Inquiry Room, 38 George Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 1PL on 15 November 2012 at 14:00(Previous Publication:(2141)
)PD0001724 SI
VIP CONTRACTS LTD
DIRECTOR(s): SARBJIT SINGH RAJU , USHA RAJU .
Whilst the good repute of the operator has not been formally lost under Section 17 1 (a) and Section 17 ZA (2) (b) of the Act, repute is severely tarnished. The strongest form of formal warning is recorded against the operator.
Sarbjit Singh Raju has lost both his repute and professional competence as a transport manager. He is disqualified from holding or applying for any position as transport manager for a period of 5 years. Additionally, prior to his being accepted in any new position as transport manager he must pass fresh CPC examinations.
Dennis Rolls is accepted as a replacement transport manager on the operator's licence for VIP Contracts Ltd.

fleetline6477

Caught VIP Dart X 532 UAT on 966 between Airport and Erdington yesterday and the journey ran to time throughout. Whilst the driver was rather casual in appearance his standard of driving was excellent and his courtesy towards passengers good. he took the journey steadily, was prepared to stop where passengers were at stops and wait for elderley to sit down.

Kevin

Two separate occasions on the 424 recently, one was as you described a fairly decent journey, the other pretty much the exact opposite. Turned up late, very jerky ride, yes it stopped wherever ther was someone on the hail and ride sections but when I pressed the button to get off at a recognised bus stop on Rocky Lane he didnt seem to notice
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Kevin on February 10, 2013, 10:48:26 PM
Two separate occasions on the 424 recently, one was as you described a fairly decent journey, the other pretty much the exact opposite. Turned up late, very jerky ride, yes it stopped wherever ther was someone on the hail and ride sections but when I pressed the button to get off at a recognised bus stop on Rocky Lane he didnt seem to notice
every bus company has the good the bad and the ugly. its just I think we tend to notice more with the little company because of there small size?
campaigning for better transport for all

D10

There is a article on the Traffic Commissioners decision in todays Bus & Coach week. Apparently VIP employed a convicted sex offender as a driver.

I will spare you the particulars of the case,  but basically the Commissioner decided that VIP should have done more checks before employing him in such a public facing job, therefore the Traffic Manager lost his repute and they had to get  a new one in.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk