News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesub

6858's ticket machine seems unable to issue local daysavers, they had to write it on a ticket roll and stick it to the assault screen.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 03, 2021, 06:05:16 PM
Passanger levels seem to have gone up a little lately which is good.
The 94/95's seemed to all be full this afternoon. Priory Queensway also got blocked up as well when I was on 4919, nothing was moving for a while.
Also didn't see any buses buses displaying 55 today I notice as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: 2206 on September 07, 2021, 06:44:35 PM
The 94/95's seemed to all be full this afternoon. Priory Queensway also got blocked up as well when I was on 4919, nothing was moving for a while.
Also didn't see any buses buses displaying 55 today I notice as well.

I believe a bus had broken down somewhere around priory Queensway/Square Peg as all Walsall services were briefly diverted via James Watt Queensway and Dale End

Trident4590

This 95/94 inter working has been shambles, 3 buses constantly running together

Tony

Quote from: Trident4590 on September 07, 2021, 09:39:41 PM
This 95/94 inter working has been shambles, 3 buses constantly running together

And the awful traffic around this week had nothing to do with it?

Trident4590

Quote from: Tony on September 07, 2021, 10:00:03 PM
And the awful traffic around this week had nothing to do with it?
never said it didn't but no one is being adjusted so if one is late then it's affecting the other route, was never this bad when it was only operated by 1 garage

SK68MEV

Quote from: Trident4590 on September 08, 2021, 01:11:23 AM
never said it didn't but no one is being adjusted so if one is late then it's affecting the other route, was never this bad when it was only operated by 1 garage
it's a high frequency route every 4 mins combined frequency so you will see 2 at one time even when they were operated without inter working they did end up arriving in twos
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

MasterPlan

I like that the X21 has been increased to every 15 mins in the morning peaks but I don't understand why it can't be done in the PM peaks also. I don't know about the X22 (apart from those going the other way), but the X21 loadings are getting more full each day, and not one person got off anywhere around the Uni today. It's only going to get worse when the students all go back in a couple of weeks time.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Trident 4194

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 09, 2021, 05:48:05 PM
I like that the X21 has been increased to every 15 mins in the morning peaks but I don't understand why it can't be done in the PM peaks also. I don't know about the X22 (apart from those going the other way), but the X21 loadings are getting more full each day, and not one person got off anywhere around the Uni today. It's only going to get worse when the students all go back in a couple of weeks time.

I have the journey to look forward to in a couple of weeks

Kevin

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 09, 2021, 05:48:05 PM
I like that the X21 has been increased to every 15 mins in the morning peaks but I don't understand why it can't be done in the PM peaks also.....

Generally always been a thing with most bus services in Brum hasn't it? AM peaks get higher frequency but PM just carries on the daytime service? What with schools and workers together in the morning but more spread out in the afternoon.
Obviously the X21/22 will be a bit of a different case, like the trains at Uni station, busy all times of the day
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on September 10, 2021, 10:38:40 AM
Remove for breaking forum rules by critisising someone who can be identified

Technically that driver acted correctly, if you look at the timetable, the next stop after Solihull town centre is listed as St Peters school, so its right that it goes direct without stopping.

There are of course numerous other services that call at all stops on Blossomfield Road that passengers can change onto in Solihull.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on September 10, 2021, 10:38:40 AM

Remove for breaking forum rules by critisising someone who can be identified

So if he had opened the doors and someone had slipped and fell, he and the company would be liable for the accident.

Nice of you to critisise someone doing the job correctly.

Quote from: Tony on September 10, 2021, 11:46:37 AM
So if he had opened the doors and someone had slipped and fell, he and the company would be liable for the accident.

Nice of you to critisise someone doing the job correctly.
There is a bus stop, at Solihull Swimming baths that hundreds of buses call at.
I will be making a complaint to National Express as it unacceptable and undefendable to take a bus load of passengers a mile down the road to Dingle Lane, in an area which they may not know, where they don't want to go. The X2 and 877 have always called at that stop.

People are obviously going to want to get off there as the X2 normally stops at the station, and this stop is next door.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on September 10, 2021, 12:50:12 PM
There is a bus stop, at Solihull Swimming baths that hundreds of buses call at.
I will be making a complaint to National Express as it unacceptable and undefendable to take a bus load of passengers a mile down the road, in an area which they may not know, where they don't want to go. The X2 and 877 have always called at that stop.

People are obviously going to want to get off there as the X2 normally stops at the station, and this stop is next door.

I've just got off an X13 in Water Orton. It went past a load of stops on Tyburn Road without stopping  Why, because it's not registered to stop there, exactly the same

Quote from: Tony on September 10, 2021, 01:04:52 PM
I've just got off an X13 in Water Orton. It went past a load of stops on Tyburn Road without stopping  Why, because it's not registered to stop there, exactly the same
Then they should register the service to call there, as it goes that way everyday and normally stops.
I don't think it would have done any bad to open the doors at the bus stop let anyone who wants the station off and then continue on its journey.

The X13 is a bit different as it can go multiple routes everyday and clearly not advertised to not stop there and never has stopped there.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk