News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

Overheard a conversation today between an elderly couple in Wednesfield about the new 9 service replacing the section of the old WN60 route.....

Old man: "Thay've chayinged the buzzes agen, ay thay luv?!"

Old woman: "Arr, thay cor layve anythin alowun cun thay? Yow day av this with the owd Corporation buzzez!"

Old man: "Arr know, burrate least thayve gid us them new single decka buzzez - thaym berra than them old grey dubble deckaz!"

Amazing how passengers perceive 12 year old Scanias are better than the younger Platinums that occasionally strayed onto the route!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Pat

Quote from: bbs on September 02, 2021, 10:41:22 AM
Today 41/46 are fully double decker now.
A decker is much easier to make the tight left turn from Woodland Road onto Bunbury Road

Steve3229vp

Route 8 (Walsall) route change from 5th September.
During Sunday daytime, buses will be reinstated to run past Brownhills to Burntwood and Lichfield.
https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/service-8-route-change-from-sunday-5th-september-2021?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Orlo

Sh4318

I imagine the loss of a Sunday service in Burntwood hasn't gone down well. Credit for NX for moving swiftly
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

MasterPlan

Passanger levels seem to have gone up a little lately which is good. The 4:40 X21 to "Woodcock Hill" was particularly full throughout, although after it's previous Shenley Fields Drive terminus there was only one passenger remaining. Is it perhaps that people aren't aware of the new route? I'm guessing the stops around Bartley Green haven't been updated yet. Or maybe because it was displaying Woodcock Hill they may have thought it wasn't doing the full route.

It's not like it wasn't asked for by the residents...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/new-bus-service-connecting-bartley-21420693

Also noticed the X21 and X22 don't appear to be tracking on the app or boards in City Centre anymore. Not to mention they're quoting incorrect times.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

bususer28

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 03, 2021, 06:05:16 PM
I'm guessing the stops around Bartley Green haven't been updated yet.
Yup nothing as of today. Interesting also they say on the displays that they terminate in Bartley Green even though they terminate at the same stop as the X22 in Woodgate.

MasterPlan

Quote from: bususer28 on September 03, 2021, 06:10:08 PM
Yup nothing as of today. Interesting also they say on the displays that they terminate in Bartley Green even though they terminate at the same stop as the X22 in Woodgate.

Really? I thought it was supposed to terminate where the 18 does?

Mike K

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 03, 2021, 06:23:39 PM
Really? I thought it was supposed to terminate where the 18 does?

That's what the NX website says - via Adams Hill, Wood Lane and Field Lane to its junction with Romsley Road. Despite it showing Woodgate, the X22 terminus is also in Bartley Green - it's only one stop away from the Romsley Road 18 terminus. The old number 12 route terminated where the X22 does now for donkey's years and showed Bartley Green.

Strange fact, but of the various routes that have terminated at the Field Lane / Wood Lane turning point over the years, the following destinations have been used:

Bartley Green (12, 25)
Woodgate (23, X22)
Kitwell (22)

Westy

Quote from: Sh4318 on September 03, 2021, 05:02:00 PM
I imagine the loss of a Sunday service in Burntwood hasn't gone down well. Credit for NX for moving swiftly

What about the X3?

MasterPlan

Quote from: Mike K on September 03, 2021, 07:10:18 PM
That's what the NX website says - via Adams Hill, Wood Lane and Field Lane to its junction with Romsley Road. Despite it showing Woodgate, the X22 terminus is also in Bartley Green - it's only one stop away from the Romsley Road 18 terminus. The old number 12 route terminated where the X22 does now for donkey's years and showed Bartley Green.

Strange fact, but of the various routes that have terminated at the Field Lane / Wood Lane turning point over the years, the following destinations have been used:

Bartley Green (12, 25)
Woodgate (23, X22)
Kitwell (22)

Don't forget X64 Woodgate lol.

Mike K

ellspurs

Quote from: Westy on September 03, 2021, 07:36:28 PM
What about the X3?

I guess the people of Shenstone aren't as bothered. I've never seen anyone waiting at the stops on the A5127. Hill Hook at least has train stations for the Sundays?

PB2938

Quote from: Sh4318 on September 03, 2021, 05:02:00 PM

Staffordshire council gave funding for the 8 so quickly reinstated.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lichfieldlive.co.uk/2021/09/03/sunday-bus-service-in-lichfield-and-burntwood-is-reinstated/
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

PB2938

Quote from: PB2938 on September 04, 2021, 12:39:44 PM

Stafford hire council gave funding for the 8 so quickly reinstated. As for the X3 most of route covered by rail links and never in the X12 112 has there been a Sunday on this corridor from when I can remember.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lichfieldlive.co.uk/2021/09/03/sunday-bus-service-in-lichfield-and-burntwood-is-reinstated/
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on September 04, 2021, 12:25:51 PM
I guess the people of Shenstone aren't as bothered. I've never seen anyone waiting at the stops on the A5127. Hill Hook at least has train stations for the Sundays?

They've got a station at Shenstone as well, haven't they?

I don't remember, the couple of times I've been past there, much housing in that bit of the route.

There's a retail or business park I think, of some description.

Does Hill Hook have some sort of Sunday link with Four Oaks Station?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk