News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Changes August 29th 2021.

Started by 2206, July 15, 2021, 04:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Programing blinds takes about 1 minute & can easily be done while the bus is being fuelled or de vaulted by a shunter or other ancillary engineer. There simply is no excuse fir the wrong destinations on this scale. A lot of critism has to be laid at them as well timetables not changed flags not changed. We're in a poor place industry wise in getting passengers back onto bus & having faith in public transport again. This shoddy show is not going to help that cause at all.

Stu

Quote from: Steveminor on August 31, 2021, 08:40:37 PM
There simply is no excuse fir the wrong destinations on this scale. A lot of critism has to be laid at them as well timetables not changed flags not changed. We're in a poor place industry wise in getting passengers back onto bus & having faith in public transport again. This shoddy show is not going to help that cause at all.

Wrong destinations on buses is down to the operator. Bus stop flags/timetables not being updated is down to TfWM.

Criticism has to be fairly dished out. Have your bus stop flags that you serve been updated?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steveminor

j789

Quote from: Steveminor on August 31, 2021, 08:40:37 PM
Programing blinds takes about 1 minute & can easily be done while the bus is being fuelled or de vaulted by a shunter or other ancillary engineer. There simply is no excuse fir the wrong destinations on this scale. A lot of critism has to be laid at them as well timetables not changed flags not changed. We're in a poor place industry wise in getting passengers back onto bus & having faith in public transport again. This shoddy show is not going to help that cause at all.

Yes this isn't ideal for passengers but it's a few days, people will cope. And let's not forget that no company is perfect. I'd hardly think passengers benefitted when Claribels cut the 55 route or had a non sensical 94 timetable. I don't think your company had passengers best interests at heart then. Also, didn't your company run buses in dealer white for a few weeks with no company name on so passengers had no clue who they were dealing with. See no one is perfect, and a bit of understanding wouldn't go amiss.

If this is still the case in a weeks time you have a point but a few days is not the end of the world.

Steveminor

Withdrawing a loss making service that is adequately covered by another operator has not left passengers confused about timing of buses or left anyone not knowing what was happening & was communicated through on bus notices a month in advance.

Likewise buses with no branding (because the plan with tfwm was to increase contract to euro 6 with an uplift in tender costs which never materialised) but buses were blinded up & at stop timet& bus stop plates were there so that passengers knew which number bus & at what time.
We now have a situation where people some of whom have not even been out of their homes for months are getting to bus stops with incorrect timetables incorrect route numbers & then to top it off buses from the same company are running the same route with two different route numbers or showing the incorrect destinations.

So no I really don't think you can compare the 2 can you.

It is also a traffic commissioner requirement that buses should show the correct route number & destination. Would he accept the excuse "we got too many buses to do".

metrocity

Quote from: j789 on August 31, 2021, 09:26:03 PM
Yes this isn't ideal for passengers but it's a few days, people will cope. And let's not forget that no company is perfect. I'd hardly think passengers benefitted when Claribels cut the 55 route or had a non sensical 94 timetable. I don't think your company had passengers best interests at heart then. Also, didn't your company run buses in dealer white for a few weeks with no company name on so passengers had no clue who they were dealing with. See no one is perfect, and a bit of understanding wouldn't go amiss.

If this is still the case in a weeks time you have a point but a few days is not the end of the world.
What a complete load of drivel...

Westy

Has anyone noted slightly incorrect timetable information, where the destinations haven't been updated?

For example Walsall 8 & 9 are still showing their old terminal points of Brownhills & Bloxwich respectively, rather than Lichfield & Wolverhampton!

The actual timetables are correct  though!

(Only noticed because I had to sort out a copy for my sister, despite printing off a copy of the TfWm version & highlighting the relevant stops for her, but she still found it difficult to read! (Rolls eyes!))

j789

Quote from: metrocity on August 31, 2021, 09:45:32 PM
What a complete load of drivel...

Excuse me! Do you work in the industry for a large company? Have you any idea the sort of technical or logistical issues can that pop up without any warning throwing plans into disarray. I do because I've been there plenty of times where things haven't gone to plan. It's fortunate most people understand this reality even though it is clear one or two on here have no clue about what they are talking about.

Passengers (on the whole!) aren't stupid, if they see a bus running on a route with a number not seen before most would hail it down and ask the driver. They can cope with this because they have brain cells. In the same way, professional drivers will make sure that they take extra care if they know of an issue with service changes or incorrect numbers - they are trained to perform their duties to a high standard. You always get the odd one who doesn't but I guarantee most of those drivers on the 55/95 etc would have made sure they took extra notice of any passengers who may have been confused and helped them out. That is called GOOD customer service.

As usual bus spotters showing absolutely no understanding of the realities of large scale operational management!

BBS

Quote from: Stu on August 31, 2021, 08:27:33 PM
Because those routes don't need double decks?

How do you know what the allocation is anyway?
I've heard a rumour on insta that 41 will be e200mmc allocated
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack

Quote from: bbs on August 31, 2021, 11:28:09 PM
I wouldn't buy into the rubbish posted on Instagram, and what has been operating the 41 lately...

Steveminor

Quote from: j789 on August 31, 2021, 10:32:12 PM
As usual bus spotters showing absolutely no understanding of the realities of large scale operational management!

How do you know some people who make comments are not from the industry or even management of operators.

The point still stands the traffic commissioner would take a poor view of an operator running with incorrect service numbers & or destinations & would not accept "we got too many buses" or "something else came up". If you got too many buses to manage then its simple don't run as many buses & well there's no answer to something more important than basic operations. Remember some passengers haven't been out for months we need to win them back & we need to attract people out of cars. That isn't going to happen if people do not have basic information as to where the bus is going or what the route number is. Would even be better if every bus on the route was displaying the wrong number but this is just a pick & mix & we ain't running woolworths

Stu

Quote from: bbs on August 31, 2021, 11:28:09 PM

Rumours are not facts. However there are currently 6 buses out on the 41 / 46 which are all E200s, so it would appear this is correct.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JoNi

Quote from: Stu on September 01, 2021, 07:23:08 AM
Rumours are not facts. However there are currently 6 buses out on the 41 / 46 which are all E200s, so it would appear this is correct.

Perception is reality.......Tony Blair

BBS

Quote from: Stu on September 01, 2021, 07:23:08 AM
4529 on the 41 now

BBS

Today 41/46 are fully double decker now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk