News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

At 9am, I have had to do Newtown - Small Heath Station (Anderton Road). I found it quicker to go through the city centre, around the back of the ring road, down into Sparkbrook and back up Walford Road/Golden Pillock Road than just taking the ring road and Small Heath Highway.

They really should prioritise getting that Sprint work completed. It's the main cause of traffic jams in the area at the moment.

If NX had the driver/bus capacity, I'm sure they'd lay on additional buses between the Swan and Solihull. Perhaps change a couple of the 60s into the old 57/57A routes to alleviate the pressure?

Stevo

Golden Pillock Road - I like that!

Steveminor

S16 & 58 are always shunned by passengers in favour of the X2 as they believe it to be a much quicker option to Solihull when in fact there is very little time difference between any of the routes between swan & Solihull

mesub

Quote from: Steveminor on September 23, 2021, 07:03:24 PM
S16 & 58 are always shunned by passengers in favour of the X2 as they believe it to be a much quicker option to Solihull when in fact there is very little time difference between any of the routes between swan & Solihull

I mean I can see where they're coming from, considering that the X2 is 'express' (your point is valid though).
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Quote from: mesub on September 23, 2021, 10:08:00 PM
I mean I can see where they're coming from, considering that the X2 is 'express' (your point is valid though).
I guess the X2 is also the well established service as well, as it originates from 57/57A/957.
X2 is probably really only about 5 minutes faster I would guess, the 58 goes round the Olton area as well. 58 is better if you want a seat in the peaks though.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

4631 is on the 94/95 today, in service operating as a 55. 4 weeks later.

Sh4318

Are the hybrids no longer used on Sundays? Enviro400s and Platinums are on the 61/63s today, and were last Sunday
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

The 07.54 journey from Yardley Swan to Solihull. Is now newly operated by 2 buses it seems. 4919 was the duplicate to the platinum today.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on October 12, 2021, 09:07:17 AM
The 07.54 journey from Yardley Swan to Solihull. Is now newly operated by 2 buses it seems. 4919 was the duplicate to the platinum today.

The 07:54 Starts at the Swan and runs to St Peters School.
There's an 07:41 journey from City due at the Swan at 07:56 which terminates at Solihull Station same as last week

Quote from: Tony on October 12, 2021, 09:13:01 AM
The 07:54 Starts at the Swan and runs to St Peters School.
There's an 07:41 journey from City due at the Swan at 07:56 which terminates at Solihull Station same as last week
There was a platinum infront of 4919 operating same journey (bus times shows it was 6834). There were 2 buses tracking on 7.54 yesterday as well.
I think BC run a duplicate now due to capacity problems.

The ones that come from City are normally rammed as well, one of the 08:XX journeys paticularly. And last week some college students closed all the windows and smoking on the rammed 08:XX bus.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Missing for 267 days after suffering a seized engine 6867 passed its MoT today so should be making an appearance in service soon

j789

Quote from: Tony on October 13, 2021, 03:14:36 PM
Missing for 267 days after suffering a seized engine 6867 passed its MoT today so should be making an appearance in service soon

I'm far from an expert on mechanical matters so there may be a simple explanation but how come it took so long to repair? I'm guessing it's not just a case of replacing engine parts or the whole engine which from the outside you'd assume could be done fairly quickly? Or is more of a case of having to wait for certain parts to become available or just a backlog of other vehicle faults to repair first?

Tony

Quote from: j789 on October 13, 2021, 08:14:01 PM
I'm far from an expert on mechanical matters so there may be a simple explanation but how come it took so long to repair? I'm guessing it's not just a case of replacing engine parts or the whole engine which from the outside you'd assume could be done fairly quickly? Or is more of a case of having to wait for certain parts to become available or just a backlog of other vehicle faults to repair first?

Various problems including Cummins sending a 'Euro 3' engine first of all, not a 'euro 6' one

Other parts being used to keep other buses running while it was dead. You have no doubt seen about supply chain problems on the news today, well many bus parts have been difficult to get for some time.

Stu

Quote from: Tony on October 13, 2021, 08:28:29 PM
Various problems including Cummins sending a 'Euro 3' engine first of all, not a 'euro 6' one

Other parts being used to keep other buses running while it was dead. You have no doubt seen about supply chain problems on the news today, well many bus parts have been difficult to get for some time.

Just out of curiosity, this vehicle was 'new' in December 2017, so less than 3 years old, what sort of 'warranty' is offered by the manufacturers for these buses?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on October 13, 2021, 08:52:37 PM
Just out of curiosity, this vehicle was 'new' in December 2017, so less than 3 years old, what sort of 'warranty' is offered by the manufacturers for these buses?

It was damaged, not a warranty claim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk