News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Birmingham Central Garage

Started by Liverpool Street, July 01, 2013, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Gareth on November 03, 2020, 08:29:11 PM
Not at all odd.
I'm certain I saw one leave City Centre with a quite a few passengers on and would probably have been nearly full a few weeks ago in the evening peak.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Claribels has been running the 94 route for over 25 years now. The only people that'd think twice about catching one would be ones that already have an NX pass.

MasterPlan

Any reason the 7:15 X21 from Woodcock Hill didn't run?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Jack D

I've been noticing more platinums at night/evening service on 55 last night 23/24 branded and X2 branded do they come off routes from daytime and do 55?

Steveminor

Quote from: 2206 on November 03, 2020, 06:32:43 PM
Even the claribels bus was displaying "Bus Full Sorry", and had a full load from what I could tell. It alternates between that and another display, not sure what that one says. 

It alternates between "Bus full Sorry& social distancing capacity reached

Jack6101

When I was on the X70 today after work around 2pm when I got into Brum on 7531 it changed to the X12 so I guess some journeys interwork ?
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

SK68MEV

Quote from: Jack6101 on November 06, 2020, 08:53:48 PM
When I was on the X70 today after work around 2pm when I got into Brum on 7531 it changed to the X12 so I guess some journeys interwork ?
I thought they would inter work makes sense for them too
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Saw Clarkes of London coach on 45S to Cadbury College on Priory Queensway at about 08:20 this morning.
What garage do Clarkes of London coaches run from? And also does it just do the 45S, or does it operate some other coach route afterwards?
Also saw BC 4575 on 66S to Great Lister Street. That one departed empty with nobody on it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

I believe the coaches are all parked at bordesley green garage

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on November 09, 2020, 04:04:36 PM
I believe the coaches are all parked at bordesley green garage

Clarkes, King's Ferry & Lucketts all have coaches based at Bordesley garage for school work. BC are using three of their coaches on school work as well

SO6597

Chapel Lane in Selly Oak becomes open to two way traffic this evening. A bus stop is now in place just opposite the Battery Park entrance for buses heading from Bristol Road down to Harborne Lane. Does anybody know which services will use this?

bususer28

Quote from: SO6597 on November 22, 2020, 01:34:00 PM
Chapel Lane in Selly Oak becomes open to two way traffic this evening. A bus stop is now in place just opposite the Battery Park entrance for buses heading from Bristol Road down to Harborne Lane. Does anybody know which services will use this?
They might send the 76 down there considering it used to do it but was diverted when the roadworks started (correct me if I'm wrong).

SO6597

Quote from: bususer28 on November 22, 2020, 06:01:02 PM
They might send the 76 down there considering it used to do it but was diverted when the roadworks started (correct me if I'm wrong).

It'll be interesting. A bus gate is in place from Harborne Lane onto the Bristol Rd (towards city) too. I wondered about the 76 or possibly the 1A? Alternatively the stop and gate may be there for when the proposed student accommodation on the triangle is up and running although that won't be for a long time yet.

ayyHugo

Quote from: SO6597 on November 22, 2020, 06:57:31 PM
It'll be interesting. A bus gate is in place from Harborne Lane onto the Bristol Rd (towards city) too. I wondered about the 76 or possibly the 1A? Alternatively the stop and gate may be there for when the proposed student accommodation on the triangle is up and running although that won't be for a long time yet.
It seems logical to route the 76 down there seeing as it currently has to turn back on itself to get onto the Bristol Road. I doubt they'd change the 1A with all the congestion along the high street at peak times - It'd be an inconvenience for a large proportion of passengers who are using it to get to the QE or to transfer to services like the 48 or X22.

mesub

Was the 23 on diversion in Woodgate Valley, even if it was only for a few minutes?

If not, a driver on 686* (it may be 0 or 9 but can't be too sure now) drove straight down Sommerfeld road instead of turning right onto Stevens Avenue (missing 3 stops).

They also nearly failed to stop for a pedestrian at the zebra crossing by Hillcrest School.

I thought drivers had to sign something to certify that they knew a route before they could drive it.

Quote from:  National Express Platinum Website
also ensure we have a regular set of drivers on each route who are specially trained to drive these vehicles and fully understand the route and features that they consist of. 

Of course if there was a diversion then you can ignore this.

Edit: It occured today between 4:10 and 4:20PM (23 to Birmingham)
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk